Old 01-19-11, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Friday Night Lights -- "Don't Go" -- 1/19/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Eric is recruited by a top college program; Vince takes steps to become a starter again; Tim's friends and family speak on his behalf at his parole hearing; a sports banquet is held for East Dillon.

Episode 10 of 13

Only 3 more left!!
Old 01-23-11, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
Re: Friday Night Lights -- "Don't Go" -- 1/19/11

I know that I am supposed to be moved by the sentiment and emotionality of Coach Taylor deciding to stay in Dillon, but I really can't help but feel irritation because the choice he made is so unrealistic and such a bad one for his family.
Old 01-23-11, 07:33 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I know that I am supposed to be moved by the sentiment and emotionality of Coach Taylor deciding to stay in Dillon, but I really can't help but feel irritation because the choice he made is so unrealistic and such a bad one for his family.
Yeah I know...like I mentioned in a previous thread, even the lowest paid D1 head coaches make at least a couple hundred thousand a year. He's certainly making well under a hundred thousand now.
Old 01-23-11, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

^^ I agree. I know it's part of the drama of the show, but no High School coach, especially from a small town in Texas would ever pass on a College Division 1 Head Coaching offer. That's just insane. I know most TV shows never use real name universities, but Shane State?

Other than that, I thought it was a solid episode. It was a good episode to get you fired up for the Lions playoff run. I'm surprised at how pissed off Tim is at Billy. Billy was the one behind the whole chop shop operation last season and Tim voluntarily took the fall so Billy wouldn't be separated from his family.

I recognized the reporter who interviewed Eric before they boarded the bus. Her name is Emily Jones and she works for FOX Sports Southwest and does sideline for FSN's Big 12 Football Games of the week.

The preview for next week's episode looked crazy.

Can't believe there is only 3 episodes left.
Old 01-23-11, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

I'm hoping Coach Taylor changes his mind because I agree....it's very unrealistic.
Old 01-23-11, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm surprised at how pissed off Tim is at Billy. Billy was the one behind the whole chop shop operation last season and Tim voluntarily took the fall so Billy wouldn't be separated from his family.
Even though it was Tim's decision to take the fall for his brother, it makes sense that after sitting in prison for a year he would hold resentment towards Billy. Apart from everything else, do you imagine that Tim Riggins has gone a week in his life since middle school when he didn't get drunk and get laid?
Old 01-25-11, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

I just read on digitalbits.com that season 5 will be on dvd April 5th, but that seems strange since season 3 & 4 both aired on NBC before going to dvd.
Old 01-25-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I just read on digitalbits.com that season 5 will be on dvd April 5th, but that seems strange since season 3 & 4 both aired on NBC before going to dvd.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fri...Season-5/14951

Yup, the artwork is on this link. I have to wonder if NBC is even airing season 5 now.
Old 01-26-11, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think Coach is leaving, and I think Coach's wife will have something to do with it maybe . . . something to do with the woman that she met at that conference.
Old 01-27-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm hoping Coach Taylor changes his mind because I agree....it's very unrealistic.
Especially since he has already seen firsthand what short memories fans, boosters and school administrators have when it comes to the head football coach. He was just fired two years ago!