Old 01-16-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,611 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "I'm Still Here" -- 1/16/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By null at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Lynette feels her mother, Stella (Polly Bergen), is marrying Frank (Larry Hagman) - an abrasive and obnoxious man - for all the wrong reasons and tries to talk her out of it. Meanwhile, Susan tries to befriend a curmudgeonly man during her dialysis sessions who has given up on ever finding a kidney donor, Bree runs into Keith's ex-girlfriend and learns some shocking news about his past, Carlos becomes concerned when he learns about Gaby's obsession with her doll, Bob and Lee hire a non-maternal Renee to decorate their newly adopted girl's bedroom, and Paul has other plans in store for Beth when he books a trip for the two of them at a remote cabin in the woods.

Episode 13 of 22-24

After tonight, the show takes a 3 week break...Thank God And it was dumb to schedule it opposite the Golden Globe Awards.
Old 01-16-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Larry Hagman: Nope, still have a penis.
Old 01-17-11, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "I'm Still Here" -- 1/16/11

Why has this show degenerated from being a campy take on soap operas to actually becoming a trite soap opera? I remember when this show was FUN!
Old 01-17-11, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The writing is pretty brutal this season. I'm probably going to need to find another show to fold laundry to on Sunday nights...
Old 01-23-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

So was the gun supposed to be the big shocker, like he recognized it was his son's? All these dramatic episode-closing reveals, but they don't have any punch if you have to do research later to figure them out.
Old 01-23-11, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
So was the gun supposed to be the big shocker, like he recognized it was his son's? All these dramatic episode-closing reveals, but they don't have any punch if you have to do research later to figure them out.
Not his son's...the idea I got from it was that it was the gun Mary Alice (the narrator of the series and Paul's first wife) used to kill herself in the pilot. However, he would deduce that the only person besides himself that would have that gun is his son.

And really, is it that much to expect the audience to remember a huge plot point from the pilot?
Old 01-25-11, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Not his son's...the idea I got from it was that it was the gun Mary Alice (the narrator of the series and Paul's first wife) used to kill herself in the pilot. However, he would deduce that the only person besides himself that would have that gun is his son.

And really, is it that much to expect the audience to remember a huge plot point from the pilot?
Well, that was a long time ago. Plus a lot of the reveals seem related to tangential or other matters. Maybe I just don't care about the series enough any more to get them all.