Old 12-18-10, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Sanctuary -- Fall Finale -- "Hollow Men" -- 12/17/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Magnus and the team gear up for travel, hoping to find the gateway to the hidden city and Magnus's father.

Episode 10 of 20

Fall Finale....Will return in the Spring

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wvqpWVFlUv8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wvqpWVFlUv8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

For anyone who cares, which is very very few in this forum, the Fall Finale of Sanctuary was last night. The show will return in April.
Old 12-18-10, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sanctuary -- Fall Finale -- "Hollow Men" -- 12/17/10

It has never been must-see TV for me, but I stopped watching for good after the super giant tsunami causing spider. But, based on the synopsis of this episode, I'm tempted to catch up with this season. I miss the daughter, am not the biggest fan of the Indian girl addition, and I never see Big Fella in the promo pics (I'm not sure if he's still around or not). Maybe they figured having the one character turn into a werewolf was a replacement. The show has some good things, but the low budget often shows in the CGI. The acting also often feels very lightweight. In contrast, with the exception of Richard Dean Anderson, I didn't know any of the SG-1 team, but they all felt like acting vets from day 1.

It's no one thing, but accumulatively, I eventually asked myself why I was even watching the show. I really only gave it a chance because of Amanda Tapping, then just kept (barely) watching out of habit. I know it wasn't all bad as there were times I looked forward to the new episodes, but definitely by the time of the spider, I was done.
Old 12-18-10, 11:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sanctuary -- Fall Finale -- "Hollow Men" -- 12/17/10

Enjoyable fall finale - there's really not much to discuss about this show: it's fun pulp TV. Also don't really mind the less than state of the art effects - not only does it help to add to the pulp feel, but it allows them to "go" to some really imaginative places.

One nice bit are the little lines they drop here and there for regular viewers (like last ep - I think - them mentioning Henry was visiting his werewolf girlfriend from a previous ep). It's one of the serial aspects carried over from Stargate where things are still going on in the background even if it's not forefront in the current plot.

Otherwise, the whole Hollow Earth/Praxis storyline has been pretty interesting and I look forward to seeing what they do with it next Spring. Hopefully they don't try to resolve it with just one ep, and spend a few eps in the Hollow Earth.