Old 12-09-10, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Nikita -- "All the Way" -- 12/09/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) informs Nikita (Maggie Q) that Division is sending her on her first mission to kill the leader of a crime syndicate. Alex is uneasy about taking someone's life but is reassured by Nikita who insists on helping her with the kill order. Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) informs Percy (Xander Berkeley) and Michael (Shane West) when he discovers the shell program that a Division mole has been using to connect to Nikita in the outside world. When the mission doesn't go as planned, Nikita makes a quick decision in an effort to clear Alex's name. Inside Division, Jayden (Tiffany Hines) attempts to reveal Alex as the mole but Thom (Ashton Holmes) steps in and a shocking accident clears her name.

Episode 11 of 22 (last episode of the year)

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DML2UvGKtMU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DML2UvGKtMU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Nikita and Alex finally on a mission together.
Old 12-09-10, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "All the Way" -- 12/09/10

Wow!

That was one fantastic hour of TV. It felt like watching a movie. Great job by the whole cast. Loved the plotting, pace and action, especially seeing Nikita and Alex fight together. Tom dying was a shocker. Just excellent all around.
Old 12-09-10, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"She's loose!!!!" screamed as if it was the incredible hulk breaking out throwing rabid pit-bulls and crocodiles at people and not a tiny size 2 hot chick.

but over all good popcorn TV action flick show.. even if, sigh.. I really wish they would GET out of the training facility.. Maybe now with Alex able to move around more they will..
Old 12-10-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
"She's loose!!!!" screamed as if it was the incredible hulk breaking out throwing rabid pit-bulls and crocodiles at people and not a tiny size 2 hot chick.

but over all good popcorn TV action flick show.. even if, sigh.. I really wish they would GET out of the training facility.. Maybe now with Alex able to move around more they will..
Meh. I think this goes beyond "popcorn TV", but to each their own. I hope it gets a second season - there's a lot to explore here.
Old 12-10-10, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Meh. I think this goes beyond "popcorn TV", but to each their own.
IMO I've not seen anything that has made one pause or even put the slightest effort into fallowing along with.. She's mad they killed her man, the other girl is mad about her family (but we still don't know everything). Alex's "girl nemesis" is mad at Alex.. Main bad guy is mad at everyone, 2nd in command is mad but conflicted..

CPU nerd guy is pretty much pissed at the "dumb" students, scared of the main bad guy and maybe conflicted about what is he doing if he knew the truth..

You could catch up a new viewer to any given ep with in a few seconds.. It's popcorn with slightly better then average story background.. I still like the show and hope it gets a 2nd season or more but it's far from "wait, what?" where you have to pay attention to keep track of everything going on..

I mean they might be holding back this huge mind warping twist like they use to end seasons of Alias on but I doubt it. Still a fun show and worth watching..

Last edited by DeadLamb; 12-10-10 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-10-10, 04:36 AM

Good episode. That's more like a real fall finale than Fringe put on. Good action.

Looking forward to this starting up again.
Old 12-10-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
IMO I've not seen anything that has made one pause or even put the slightest effort into fallowing along with.. She's mad they killed her man, the other girl is mad about her family (but we still don't know everything). Alex's "girl nemesis" is mad at Alex.. Main bad guy is mad at everyone, 2nd in command is mad but conflicted..

CPU nerd guy is pretty much pissed at the "dumb" students, scared of the main bad guy and maybe conflicted about what is he doing if he knew the truth..

You could catch up a new viewer to any given ep with in a few seconds.. It's popcorn with slightly better then average story background.. I still like the show and hope it gets a 2nd season or more but it's far from "wait, what?" where you have to pay attention to keep track of everything going on..

I mean they might be holding back this huge mind warping twist like they use to end seasons of Alias on but I doubt it. Still a fun show and worth watching..
Guess I see the show differently. I think they've created an interesting world and populated it with interesting characters.

I think there's more to the characters than just being "mad" at stuff. Nikita is trying to atone for her past, Alex is trying to make her life meaningful, Michael is conflicted about whether his search for revenge violates his moral code and if he's trusting the wrong people.

Add to that the mysteries of Amanda and Oversight, the intrigue of the Gogol storyline, & a great cast, and I think it's really compelling show. Much more than popcorn TV IMO.
Old 12-11-10, 11:33 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The fight between Nikita and the rookies rocked !

To me the show has the perfect balance of 'popcorn, eyecandy' action and intriguing background story. And it's not so convoluted and hard to follow like Alias was
Old 12-12-10, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Now that was a great fucking Fall Finale. Amazing episode. Good action and Good drama as well.

I loved the flashbacks to before Alex was inserted into Division. The writers of this show have done an awesome job with the backstory of the characters including Alex and Nikita. I thought Amanda's interrogation technique was interesting since it relied on toying with Nikita's emotions.

I had to laugh that it took Birkhoff 11 episodes to finally figure out that their system was hacked for Nikita online chats.

The last scene with the C-4 bombs going off and Nikita's escape was intense. Alex and Tom's fight scene was really well chereographed and I was really surprised they killed him off and now Alex framed him as Nikita's plant. The flashbacks of Alex and Tom as he was dying was really poignant.

I can't wait for this to come back in January.

If your reading these threads and not watching this show, you are soooo missing out.
Old 12-12-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Now that was a great fucking Fall Finale. Amazing episode. Good action and Good drama as well.

I loved the flashbacks to before Alex was inserted into Division. The writers of this show have done an awesome job with the backstory of the characters including Alex and Nikita. I thought Amanda's interrogation technique was interesting since it relied on toying with Nikita's emotions.

I had to laugh that it took Birkhoff 11 episodes to finally figure out that their system was hacked for Nikita online chats.

The last scene with the C-4 bombs going off and Nikita's escape was intense. Alex and Tom's fight scene was really well chereographed and I was really surprised they killed him off and now Alex framed him as Nikita's plant. The flashbacks of Alex and Tom as he was dying was really poignant.

I can't wait for this to come back in January.

If your reading these threads and not watching this show, you are soooo missing out.
Agree with all of that. Especially the killing of Tom. That they off'd him mid-season when I figured he'd be a series regular (as a younger version of morally-conflicted Michael) was a huge surprise.

Agree with the post up-thread about this ep feeling like a worthy season finale. That were only halfway in: AWESOME.

My only nitpick: Wouldn't this super secret underground facility that houses the world's most dangerous future assassins and government crippling intel have, I don't know, 24 hour surveillance inside the joint? That Alex has such free reign in the place (planting bombs, stealing weapons, hiding in crawl spaces, etc.) is laughable. I can almost buy a weapon-less Nikita fighting her way through dozens of skilled gun-wielding killers, but that there aren't people manning monitors inside the building is silly as hell.

Still, fantastic show. Great cast, editing, plotting, writing...can't wait for Jan.

(Oh, and new season highlight: Nikita tearing the chains from the ceiling and using them as weapons.)
Old 12-12-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point about the cameras. Even if they didn't have live feeds being monitored I can't imagine the armory wasn't being recorded and would show it wasn't Tom that used the stolen security badge.
Old 12-12-10, 01:45 PM
FuQ

That whole "facility" is laughable. I love how every character walks through the training center, even guest stars. I would imagine they would be underground and completely separate from the rest of division. No one monitors the computer room at all? There is no security in and out? I think they would find it strange she is always in there by herself. I think it would be pretty easy to figure out who the mole is, just look at the mission times and when Alex was using the computer room, problem solved. This is one of my gripes but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the show each week.