DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/582544-survivor-nicaragua-%96-lame-clip-show-nov-24th-new-episode-dec-1st.html)

auto 11-24-10 08:08 PM

Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st

http://blog.wkrq.com/media/blogs/bri...ragua_logo.jpg

http://images.starpulse.com/news/blo...-nicaragua.jpg

Episode #11

Title:
Spoiler:
We Did It Guys

Summary:
Spoiler:
Highlights from the season and previously unaired footage are presented.

Episode #13

Title:
Spoiler:
You Started, You're Finishing

With the clip show this week, thought I'd combine this week and next week's threads. Gives us a full week to vote in the poll.

davidh777 11-26-10 07:47 PM

Re: Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st

I love that this crap-episode thread got no replies! rotfl

And I just ruined it :sad:

Maxflier 11-26-10 09:17 PM

Lol, I was going through the poll choices and was like "wait, who the hell is Jud?". I had to consult the group picture to figure out that is Fabio's actual name.

AJW 11-26-10 09:19 PM

Well now that you ruined it, I'll freely admit to enjoying the "Brenda in her underwear" scenes. :)

TheBang 11-26-10 10:29 PM

I was actually pleasantly surprised that the recap show featured mostly new footage, and very little exposition and rehash of stuff we've already seen. Not much of it was particularly compelling, but at least it was all new.

I had a good laugh at Fabio's accident montage.

Kevin M. Dean 11-26-10 11:37 PM

It usually is all new, yet it's always thought of as a "lame clip show" when it's not a clip show at all.

TheBang 11-27-10 06:55 AM

Actually, though, they usually do a lot of recap, they talk about who won immunity, who got voted out, and show a lot of previously seen footage, and only some new footage. This time was significantly different. They showed very, very little previously seen footage, and they didn't bother actually recapping who got voted off, etc.

auto 11-27-10 10:47 AM

I half watched this but was pleasantly surprised that they at least tried to do something different this year. Still, sucks they don't just play a new episode. Survivor ratings are so solid though they probably don't dip much for a cheaply produced episode like this.

Kevin M. Dean 11-27-10 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by auto (Post 10514023)
I half watched this but was pleasantly surprised that they at least tried to do something different this year.

Don't recall Heroes vs. Villians, but Samoa's "recap" epsiode was mostly new footage as well. I think people don't know because they assume it's just recaps and skip the episode.

auto 11-27-10 05:52 PM

I never skip them but I sure as hell don't watch them.

If that makes sense. :lol:

Kevin M. Dean 11-27-10 10:54 PM

No, not really.

auto 11-30-10 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean (Post 10514905)
No, not really.

It means the show is playing on my television but I'm actually doing something else, barely paying attention. Just like I'm doing now while I'm "watching" The Event.

NORML54601 12-01-10 07:34 PM

Holly is retarded for trying to talk Kelly out of quitting

NORML54601 12-01-10 07:51 PM

Tatanka thinking she'd have a shot and everyone's reaction to her saying she could win. :lol:

NORML54601 12-01-10 07:54 PM

2 stupid bitches quitting rotfl

Jeff seems offended that they quit.

Howie2000 12-01-10 07:56 PM

Maybe he should be more upset at the idiot who thought it was a good idea to cast someone like Kelly Purple.

Shinobi 12-01-10 08:04 PM

Purple Kelly with the line of the night:

"I have nothing left to suck..." :lol:

And GOOD RIDDANCE to that disgusting piece of trash Nanonka. The bitch quitting is even better than her getting voted out. Bye bye, loser. :wave:

dino88 12-01-10 08:12 PM

I don't understand why they're allowed to be on the jury and vote for the winner. They should just put them on the next plane home.

Has anyone here ever seen a smuff film?

AJW 12-01-10 08:17 PM

Agreed. They quit so they don't deserve to sit on the jury. Send them home.

I'm kind of surprised one of the jury members didn't stand up and ask for a spot back in the game! Not that they would have gotten it from Jeff but ......

Axeramm 12-01-10 08:20 PM

Since 2 people quit, would have been cool to let the 3 people on the jury have a fire starting competition to come back in. They would prob be sent back out again the next TC but would still have been fun.

cdollaz 12-01-10 08:37 PM

Ugh. Holly annoyed the shit out of me tonight. I love how she volunteered to give up the reward, trying to make herself look good, assuming that Tonka would take her place, and then she left her dumb ass hanging. Then she had the nerve to get pissed off about it.

SunMonkey 12-01-10 08:42 PM

Survivor really needs to have a consequence for quitting. I hated Nanonka as much as the next, but quitting players really ruins the game.

cdollaz 12-01-10 08:44 PM

I'm not really sure why all of the remaining players were upset when 2 of them quit. I'd be tickled if 2 of my opponents removed themselves from the game.

cdollaz 12-01-10 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey (Post 10522114)
Survivor really needs to have a consequence for quitting. I hated Nanonka as much as the next, but quitting players really ruins the game.

They shouldn't be allowed on the jury or the post-game reunion show.

mosquitobite 12-01-10 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 10522121)
They shouldn't be allowed on the jury or the post-game reunion show.

This.

I don't want to hear Naonka's opinion on any of them.

That girl is DELUSIONAL. Sheesh what a narcissist!!

I like how the ending clips had Purple Kelly saying she felt bad for the 3 on the jury. (duh, ya think?) and NaOnka with her dumb ass "no, I don't owe anyone an apology." :rolleyes:

cdollaz 12-01-10 08:54 PM

Even better, they should have cardboard cutouts of them in their spots at the reunion show.

DWilson 12-01-10 09:18 PM

Just looking at the number of episodes left, we were already heading for a double elimination. Its just that with two people quitting, the necessary Drama has to be built up in a different way; that's one reason they were given time too thi nk about it, -to build drama from everyone around them rather than just "Bye, don't let door hit ya..". I just wonder, -if Naonka or Kelly had decided to stay, -then how would the episode have been constructed, since there wasn't an "Immunity Challenge"...

Tommy Ceez 12-01-10 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 10522190)
I just wonder, -if Naonka or Kelly had decided to stay, -then how would the episode have been constructed, since there wasn't an "Immunity Challenge"...

Jane was wearing the necklace...was that from last week?

brainee 12-01-10 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez (Post 10522222)
Jane was wearing the necklace...was that from last week?

They always seem to let the previous week's winner keep it until the start of the next immunity challenge - so that's probably it.

Jeff really does get pissed off at quitters, does he? I agree - quitters (at least for non health-related reasons) shouldn't be allowed to judge at final tribal council. Especially quitters as pathetic as these two. On the Ponderosa videos, they always show the losers get driven off in a van to the resort site. This time, they should drive the 2 of them to the middle of nowhere, tell them to step out since they're at the resort ... and drive off, letting them find their own way home.

I'd say it amazed me how selfish Naonka could be to take the reward knowing she was leaving the game later that night. But there are shitty human beings in the world, and some of them play Survivor. No one brought it up (at least on camera), but I didn't think Dan was much better. He didn't do a thing during the challenge, so he couldn't even use Naonka's "I deserve it for winning" excuse. You'd think Dan would've considered earning some "character" points with the others, seeing how physically awful he's been.

JuryDuty 12-01-10 10:29 PM

I don't think the quitters should be allowed to be on the jury. That said, I think purple Kelly followed NaOnka out because she didn't think she had anyone on her side. What she didn't realize is that everything will go crazy and these people will turn on each other. She could have had half a chance. It's willpower at this point and they just didn't have it.

Dan should have stood up and taken the rice and tarp since he didn't even play...though surely he was waiting for NaOnka to do it first. Selfish, selfish, selfish on her part. And she completely justifies it.

JuryDuty 12-01-10 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by AJW (Post 10522053)
Agreed. They quit so they don't deserve to sit on the jury. Send them home.

I'm kind of surprised one of the jury members didn't stand up and ask for a spot back in the game! Not that they would have gotten it from Jeff but ......

I actually like that idea. I'd be TICKED if I were voted out by NaOnka and then she quit next round.

Josh-da-man 12-01-10 11:04 PM

Gotta love how Naonka couldn't even quit the game gracefully.

When Jeff asked what they should do with the torches, I was hoping someone would say one-legged Kelly should come back and cram it up Naonka's ass.

Jeremy517 12-01-10 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 10522190)
I just wonder, -if Naonka or Kelly had decided to stay, -then how would the episode have been constructed, since there wasn't an "Immunity Challenge"...

I got the impression that this was just a special gathering at the tribal council location, and that this wasn't the normally scheduled tribal council. If neither had quit, I assume they would have gone back to camp, had an immunity challenge the next day, and then gone on to the normally scheduled tribal council.

I do wonder, though, how they were planning on eliminating six or seven people in the last eleven days.

Goldberg74 12-01-10 11:16 PM

Well, at least Chase got an HII out of this whole thing. I wonder if any of the remaining 7 know about it?

NiCK Crush 12-01-10 11:34 PM

NaOnka is one of the worst human beings ever put on television.

dino88 12-01-10 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 10522119)
I'm not really sure why all of the remaining players were upset when 2 of them quit. I'd be tickled if 2 of my opponents removed themselves from the game.

Unless they were in your alliance (Sash).

outcastja 12-01-10 11:42 PM

What a horrible season. Just filled with a bunch of unlikeable people and quitters. Even Brenda pretty much quit last time when she was on the chopping block since she thought "scrambling" to save herself looked weak.

Not many redeeming qualities in this season. I can't think of any season that was as bad or worse than this one.

mgbfan 12-01-10 11:42 PM

Good riddance to two of the more pathetic players Survivor has seen. One who never opened her mouth, and one who never should have.

brainee 12-01-10 11:53 PM

New Ponderosa videos are up. And, disappointingly, they're lacking in drama.

It was funny to see the health care woman (who weighs the contestants when they leave) even be disappointed in these two losers. She was like, "Yeah, they lost some weight. But physically they were fine and could've kept going". Marty, Alina, and Brenda were pissed after the TC. But Brenda and Marty decided to take high road, and welcomed Kelly and Naonka there. Though Alina appeared to stay in her room and complain to the camera-person the whole time.

Cardsfan111 12-02-10 12:15 AM

Just caught up on tonight's episode and agree wholeheartedly about these 2 losers not being able to participate on the jury. I'd still want them on the reunion show if only to give all the other contestants a chance to rip into them once more.

And Jeff absolutely despises folks who quit. Guaranteed he'll tear these girls up when his blog is posted.