TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fringe moving to Fridays, Bones moves to 9PM

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Fringe moving to Fridays, Bones moves to 9PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
So does this mean Fringe is being canceled? I certainly hope not, but It wouldn't surprise me if it only lasts another season at best on Friday night. It seems network's will cancel anything airing on Friday night regardless of ratings (CBS' treatment of Medium - I'm looking at you!)
Your forgetting something regarding Medium. It was cancelled 3 seasons ago by NBC and CBS saved it. The fact that it got 35 more episodes (22+13) after getting cancelled is a miracle itself.

No it doesn't mean Fringe is cancelled. Like I said earlier, FOX is hoping that it retains it's same levels from Thursday on Friday, then they will be happy.

FOX only has 10 hours of timeslots available Monday-Friday, so they don't have alot of options.
Old 11-20-10, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by GenPion
So does this mean Fringe is being canceled? I certainly hope not, but It wouldn't surprise me if it only lasts another season at best on Friday night. It seems network's will cancel anything airing on Friday night regardless of ratings (CBS' treatment of Medium - I'm looking at you!)
Fringe, Lie To Me and Human Target will all likely be canceled unless they become Summer shows. There is just not enough time on the Fall schedule with X Factor and American Idol.

Fringes chances (IMO) improved with a Friday move. But it's still likely a goner. Its a WB produced show and Fox has no incentives (i.e. DVD/BD sales, Internation sales) from the show, much like Human Target. They do with Lie to Me, but it's not selling well on DVD or BD (S2 was canceled for BD) anyway.
Old 11-20-10, 02:11 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Your forgetting something regarding Medium. It was cancelled 3 seasons ago by NBC and CBS saved it. The fact that it got 35 more episodes (22+13) after getting cancelled is a miracle itself.

No it doesn't mean Fringe is cancelled. Like I said earlier, FOX is hoping that it retains it's same levels from Thursday on Friday, then they will be happy.

FOX only has 10 hours of timeslots available Monday-Friday, so they don't have alot of options.
Except with Medium, CBS/Paramount was hoping for a huge syndication deal. They got that with Lifetime, which has (I think) already pulled reruns and is now a write-off. They lost with that one. Much like Universal lost with the Friday Night Lights deal on ABC Family (pulled already).

Same thing will happen when SOAPNet shuts down next month. WB was making bank of One Tree Hill reruns (as did Fox with 90210).
Old 11-20-10, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be pretty sad if Fringe was cancelled. I'm glad it's out of Thursday, but ugh...Friday...

I hope it does OK there.
Old 11-20-10, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gizmo...stop talking. You're depressing me lol
Old 11-22-10, 08:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

As for Fox’s other big newsmakng move – shifting Fringe to Fridays - Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said he hopes fans don’t think he’s putting the show out to pasture. ”We are not killing the show. Over the last week, over 45% of the audience time-shifted the show. That’s almost half of the dedicated audience watching it on their DVRs. It’s been such a loyal fanbase. I will be really disheartened if the viewer base decides to not watch because it shifted one night. I hope they go with it, and if not they have the option of picking it up on their DVRs. If it does anywhere near what it did on Thursdays, we can glue that show to the schedule because it can be a big win for us.”
http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/11/22/fo...-right-moment/
Old 11-22-10, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sigh..so long Fringe, it's been fun.
Old 11-22-10, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Move it for a fucking gameshow?
Old 11-22-10, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully this isn't the death blow. Friday nights sure aren't good for Fox shows (Dollhouse, Firefly, etc).

I swear, if they kill Fringe also, I'm going to give up on Fox shows. I'm getting really tired of what Fox does with shows.
Old 11-23-10, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I hope X-Factor bombs like fucking Hiroshima.

American Idol is bad enough, do we have to another Fox show with a bunch of shitty pop singers?
Old 11-23-10, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love Fringe, and watch it on DVR 100% of the time, like all my shows. I've never seen it 'live.'

I read somewhere (here?) that Anna Torv is somehow related to Rupert Murdoch and he'll keep her show going no matter what? Maybe that was a joke, I don't know.
Old 11-23-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
I love Fringe, and watch it on DVR 100% of the time, like all my shows. I've never seen it 'live.'

I read somewhere (here?) that Anna Torv is somehow related to Rupert Murdoch and he'll keep her show going no matter what? Maybe that was a joke, I don't know.
They aren't blood related. She was a relative through marriage IIRC. Even then that doesn't matter. Fringe is produced by a different studio.
Old 11-23-10, 02:39 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Will be curious to see what ratings impact this will have. I figure most of its loyal fanbase doesn't watch this show live anyway.
Old 12-15-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Apparent Fox Internet Promo for Fringe on Fridays:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrwXij6HthY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrwXij6HthY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Old 12-15-10, 08:52 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2

That's cold... and clever!
Old 12-15-10, 04:46 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by RichC2

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrwXij6HthY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrwXij6HthY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

thats pretty good
Old 12-15-10, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

i hope Fox uses that.