Reload this Page >

Sons of Anarchy -- "Bainne" -- 11/16/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy -- "Bainne" -- 11/16/10

Old 11-17-10, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Bainne" -- 11/16/10

Why the hell didn't Tara shoot Salazar? And WTF? with Gemma pointing a gun at a baby? Disgusting. I also don't understand why the IRA needs the Sons to kill Jimmy O. He's proven that he's off the reservation, why don't they just off him themselves?
Old 11-17-10, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gemma holding the gun to the baby was the best part of the episode!

It was just so over-the-top and so ridiculous, but it's one of the only times this season someone has taken action and gotten results. Every other time they were close to finding Abel, someone would tell them "have a seat, we need to talk" and they'd talk, and nothing was accomplished. At least this time they got some information that actually led them to Abel, and it took Gemma going crazy to do it.
Old 11-17-10, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen View Post
If we're talking crossovers, I'd much prefer a Justified/Terriers crossover.
Since I'm hoping for a dystopian type of Terriers ending where Britt loses the girl, finds out Hank knew things and didn't tell him, and turns back to a life of crime, how about Britt cameo on SoA and Hank cameo on Justified?
Old 11-17-10, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gemma holding the gun to the baby was the best part of the episode!
I guess it was good for a cheap laugh, but it didn't fit Gemma's character. She couldn't even bring herself to shoot rapist Henry Rollin's character when she heard him talking on the phone to his son. Why not just point the gun at the nun?
Old 11-17-10, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, I really hope Britt doesn't find out Hank knew

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
I guess it was good for a cheap laugh, but it didn't fit Gemma's character. She couldn't even bring herself to shoot rapist Henry Rollin's character when she heard him talking on the phone to his son. Why not just point the gun at the nun?
Clearly you haven't been watching this season. There's no way these are the same characters!
Old 11-17-10, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it did actually fit with Gemma's character. Rollins was about revenge for herself. Killing every living thing in that house if necessary was about Gemma protecting her baby and his baby. Gemma has always played very oddly maternal. Remember, she tried to give Wendy a heroin overdose. Nothing is ever quite good enough for her son. That part of the episode played right for me. I believe Gemma, before and during this season, would kill every person in Ireland over Jax or Abel.
Old 11-17-10, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
I think it did actually fit with Gemma's character. Rollins was about revenge for herself. Killing every living thing in that house if necessary was about Gemma protecting her baby and his baby. Gemma has always played very oddly maternal. Remember, she tried to give Wendy a heroin overdose. Nothing is ever quite good enough for her son. That part of the episode played right for me. I believe Gemma, before and during this season, would kill every person in Ireland over Jax or Abel.
Excellent point.
Old 11-17-10, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After hating the Abel storyline all season I enjoyed the closure to it. Although as soon as Tara let her boss go I had a fear that her kidnapping wasn't going to end in this episode. I was hoping the rest of the gang would come back to find Opie's dad, Tig, the new/old member and the 2 prospects having saved the city from the development and Tara. Then start season 4 from scratch and never go back to Ireland or having a kidnapping then.

Now I'm just hoping Salavar turns out to be John Teller's bastard child from a latino love affair he had in Cuba so I can just be done with the show
Old 11-17-10, 03:51 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF? Now we're back to John Teller voice overs again after they completely ignored that story for so long.

Hopefully they come up with something good these last two episodes.
Old 11-17-10, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very thankful they are finally getting out of Ireland and the Abel storyline is done with -- the next two episodes have the potential to be pretty huge.
Old 11-17-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
If Tara ends up dead, it's her own fault. She had a clear opportunity to put a bullet in her abductor who planned to kill both her and an innocent. She could have taken the woman she cut to the hospital, too.

I actually hope she dies and all the stupidity dies with her. Maybe then Season 4 can not suck.
Seriously--what she did was utterly and completely moronic. Now she's alone on a deserted road with the Salazar and his dead girlfriend who she killed? Really???

Though I didn't want to be, I was actually OK with Jax leaving the kid. It was overdone, but he saw a different life for him and let him go. But then when those two innocent people were murdered (was that really necessary?? Jimmy couldn't just take the baby?), it ruined it for me. It's just killing for killing's sake, and the actual characters are becoming hollow to me.
Old 11-17-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
Why the hell didn't Tara shoot Salazar? And WTF? with Gemma pointing a gun at a baby? Disgusting. I also don't understand why the IRA needs the Sons to kill Jimmy O. He's proven that he's off the reservation, why don't they just off him themselves?
Because logic doesn't fit in with whatever story the writers are trying to tell.
Old 11-17-10, 02:33 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And thankfully the Priest is going to die...If I never hear him mumble another line again, it will be too soon.
I imagine that's how he's gonna die -- He mumbles someting, Jimmy Fallon says "What?" and then puts one in him.
Old 11-17-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit. The rest of the season has felt like a run-on haze of boredom to me.
Old 11-17-10, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Agreed. Definitely one of the stronger episodes this week.
Old 11-17-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave99 View Post
Because logic doesn't fit in with whatever story the writers are trying to tell.
Seriously, that's been the problem with this show: the writers just want to get to a certain climax regardless of how they get there. The stupid plot maneuver of "let her go and keep me" when she had a gun on him was ridiculous but it had to happen that way because the Sons need Salazar alive. They could have had the boss escaping with the gun after Tara cut the girlfriend but when Tara was about to escape Salazar comes back and takes Tara somewhere else.
Old 11-17-10, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 11-17-10, 09:54 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

what was the song playing when Jax was watching the couple carry about with his kid?
Old 11-17-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fandango View Post

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post
what was the song playing when Jax was watching the couple carry about with his kid?
Alesund by Sun Kil Moon
Old 11-17-10, 11:12 PM

Forget jumping the shark, this series has "shot the baby".
Old 11-18-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

tara is an idiot, should have shot the scum bag first chance he looked away from her
Old 11-19-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Worst...season...ever...

In truth, they could have reconciled the baby in about 2 episodes, 3 tops.
Old 11-19-10, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

I also love these hardened criminals leaving finger prints all over crime scenes
and does Jax really think the deal with the atf is going to stand with Gemma fleeing the jurisdiction?
even if agents could broker deals, which they can't the prosecuting attorneys are the ones authorized to do that, there's no way they'd be able to after she fled

guess that'll be next season's plot, how to get mom out of jail
Old 11-19-10, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll finish out the season but after that I'm done. This show has become a pile of garbage.
Old 11-19-10, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You guys are insane. Is it as good as season two? No, it's not. Is it still better than 95% of the shit currently on television? Absolutely it is. The show is about a motorcycle gang that operates in cohesion with local law enforcement when the sheriff and pretty much everybody in town knows they commit illegal activities on an hourly basis, but going to Ireland to get a kid back is too unrealistic. Give me a break.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.