DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Conan O'Brien - Shows, Projects, and News (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/581777-conan-obrien-shows-projects-news.html)

Troy Stiffler 05-24-22 06:15 PM

re: Conan O'Brien - Shows, Projects, and News

That's cool. His long form interviews on Youtube are pretty good.

Match 08-16-22 09:35 PM

re: Conan O'Brien - Shows, Projects, and News

story 08-16-22 11:12 PM

Re: Conan O'Brien - Shows, Projects, and News

Mod Note: With Conan's TBS show over and new content moving to SiriusXM, seems like a more catch-all thread title is in order.

cultshock 08-17-22 11:11 AM

Is there any platform where I can watch his podcast? YouTube just has clips, Spotify doesn't have video, and I don't have Sirius. :scratch2:

JeffTheAlpaca 08-17-22 09:51 PM

Apple or Itunes has the audio podcast but not sure if there is a video podcast?

GoldenJCJ 08-17-22 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Match (Post 14149217)

Conan ripping on Jordan is always hilarious.

Match 10-18-22 10:02 PM

JeffTheAlpaca 05-31-23 09:46 PM

Re: Conan O'Brien Must Go (Max) -- International Travel show hosted by Conan O'Brien

He now has a fast channel on Samsung Plus TV.

Too bad there is no pause or DVR capability :(

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and Conan O’Brien announced a partnership that will bring his original Emmy Award-winning show “CONAN” exclusively to Samsung TV Plus viewers starting May 24. The Conan O’Brien TV channel will launch only on Samsung TV Plus, Samsung’s 100% free ad-supported TV service (FAST) that delivers over 250 live channels in the U.S. and thousands of shows and movies on demand to millions of Samsung Smart TVs and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.

Built on the spirit of Conan’s signature brand of comedy, the Conan O’Brien TV channel will deliver 24/7 programming, uniquely curated as 30-minute compilations of clips featuring the best of Conan’s late-night archives, including sketch comedy, celebrity guests and more.

The clips will showcase some of Conan’s most popular celebrity interviews with A-listers like John Hamm, Ryan Reynolds, Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell, Lisa Kudrow, Gal Godot, Kate McKinnon, Martin Short, Martha Stewart, Jack McBrayer, Mindy Kaling, Jack Black, Justin Bieber and more. Viewers can also expect fan-favorite segments like Triumph the Insult Dog and Clueless Gamer, as well as appearances from Andy Richter, Jordan Schlansky and Sona Movsesian.
https://news.samsung.com/us/conan-ob...msung-tv-plus/

RichC2 06-01-23 08:10 AM

Re: Conan O'Brien Must Go (Max) -- International Travel show hosted by Conan O'Brien

To note, that service is available via web browser too: https://www.samsungtvplus.com/en

emanon 06-01-23 09:07 AM

hmm- guess I'm gonna have to figure out what Samsung Plus TV is!

JeffTheAlpaca 06-01-23 07:56 PM

Buy a Samsung TV and find out :lol:

TGM 06-01-23 08:11 PM

next stop, the tv channel at your local gas station pump!

Deftones 06-01-23 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 14280180)
next stop, the tv channel at your local gas station pump!

What does he care? He is probably worth $200M

whotony 06-01-23 08:34 PM

I think he cares.

He was clearly upset and disappointed when nbc fired him from the tonight show and while TBS gave him a really good show he didn’t pretend for a second that he wanted to be on the other show.

story 06-01-23 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by emanon (Post 14279883)
hmm- guess I'm gonna have to figure out what Samsung Plus TV is!

It's very close to PlutoTV, essentially, a lot of the same content, even.

Deftones 06-01-23 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 14280196)
I think he cares.

He was clearly upset and disappointed when nbc fired him from the tonight show and while TBS gave him a really good show he didn’t pretend for a second that he wanted to be on the other show.

How does any of that have any bearing on this? He recently sold his highly successful podcast company to SiriusXM. If he cared so much he wouldn't have made this deal. He has the rights to his content so clearly he had the ability to not do this deal.

whotony 06-01-23 10:05 PM

You said he probably doesn’t care, I said he probably does.
🤷🏼‍♂️

JeffTheAlpaca 04-03-24 10:17 AM

He is going to appear on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon next Tues April 9, 2024.

Maybe this will be his first appearance on NBC since 2010 when he left the Tonight Show?

Jay G. 04-04-24 10:38 AM

Per this artilce:
https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/con...ng-1235959922/

The occasion will mark O’Brien’s first in-person return to the network’s late night programming, though he previously appeared in a pre-recorded sketch on “The Tonight Show” in 2018 alongside Stephen Colbert.
The emphasis on "late night" suggests maybe he's appeared on NBC's morning show Today or something else.

JeffTheAlpaca 04-04-24 08:32 PM

They forgot that Covid opening that appeared on all the 3 letter networks with all the hosts to respond after Trump bashed them.

Count Dooku 04-04-24 08:58 PM

The occasion will mark O’Brien’s first in-person return to the network’s late night programming, though he previously appeared in a pre-recorded sketch on “The Tonight Show” in 2018 alongside Stephen Colbert.

​​​​​​​They forgot that Covid opening that appeared on all the 3 letter networks with all the hosts to respond after Trump bashed them.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...be2f3af219.gif
​​​​​​​

JeffTheAlpaca 04-05-24 10:41 AM

It was not covid I forgot

Count Dooku 04-05-24 11:07 AM

Not COVID, Conan has rabies

JeffTheAlpaca 04-06-24 08:36 PM

Conan will a lot more exciting guest compared to Hillary Clinton and Dr. Phil this week on Fallon.

Yuk

I thought Fallon was suppose to be the hip and exciting fun show and all the boring guests go to Colbert.

Decker 04-07-24 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 14410444)
Conan will a lot more exciting guest compared to Hillary Clinton and Dr. Phil this week on Fallon.

Yuk

I thought Fallon was suppose to be the hip and exciting fun show and all the boring guests go to Colbert.

:hscratch: