0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Nicaragua – Nov. 3rd, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,229 Likes on 754 Posts
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua – Nov. 3rd, 2010

Man, it sucks not having at least one person to pull for while watching. I despise them all.

Which brings up the question...should I audition for Survivor. It's coming to Birmingham and my wife actually mentioned it to me. My six year old son loves Survivor and would shit if I got on it. My problem is I can be an asshole and don't really enjoy starving myself. And I also don't want to see comments like the above about me nationwide. I know they would pick me which is my biggest fear. Is the pain in the ass worth a chance at a million bucks? Oh, and I hate camping and bugs too. And most people in general...
Old 11-04-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I know they would pick me....

It's ego like this that leads to comments of everybody shitting on you nationwide.

I say do it!
Old 11-04-10, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts

Man, it sucks not having at least one person to pull for while watching. I despise them all.

Which brings up the question...should I audition for Survivor. It's coming to Birmingham and my wife actually mentioned it to me. My six year old son loves Survivor and would shit if I got on it. My problem is I can be an asshole and don't really enjoy starving myself. And I also don't want to see comments like the above about me nationwide. I know they would pick me which is my biggest fear. Is the pain in the ass worth a chance at a million bucks? Oh, and I hate camping and bugs too. And most people in general...
I'll second that! I think it would be great to have someone from this forum on the show. We would be rooting for you. We would also be merciless if you make any mistakes though.
Old 11-04-10, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

According to this post Ozzie posts on these forums. I wonder if he's still does.

Anyway, didn't NaOnka want to quit the games a few episodes ago? I'm totally tired of her. While Russell was an asshole who was hated at the beginning, but he made his season interesting enough that a lot of people started to root for the guy. And he played the game 24/7, unlike most of the people this season who seem to be on cruise control. Looks like my fear of Brenda/NaOnka/Sash/Chase to the finals will likely happen.

Marty could make this game interesting if he does something besides whine to Sash that he's powerless. He should have tried to find a way to vote out NaOnka, it wouldn't hurt to convince Fabio, Alina, Holly, and Dan to join him. Also didn't Sash promise Marty last week that he would give him the idol back, if Marty for any reason felt unsafe.
Old 11-04-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superfro
It's ego like this that leads to comments of everybody shitting on you nationwide.

I say do it!
Originally Posted by Damfino
I'll second that! I think it would be great to have someone from this forum on the show. We would be rooting for you. We would also be merciless if you make any mistakes though.
Great points. Maybe I am cut out for Survivor. I just looked it up on our local news website where I saw the story and printed out the contract/application out of curiosity. And by the way, that document is over 20 freaking pages!

I'm gonna have to think on this one. The open call isn't until November 12th so I have plenty of time to consider ruining my life is one quick swoop.

And yes, I would likely get showed up by a chick in a challenge. At least JT is from Alabama and was voted to have the dumbest Survivor move ever. Don't know if I can beat that.
Old 11-04-10, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 193 Posts

I would kill to be on Survivor.
I wonder how the whole audition thing works.
Old 11-04-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Unless it changed for this season, the audition process is mostly a farce. Most of the people on the show (Jimmy Johnson excluded) are recruited and don't go through the whole send-in-a-tape process.
Old 11-04-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts

At least JT is from Alabama and was voted to have the dumbest Survivor move ever. Don't know if I can beat that.
The voters got that one wrong. Eric handing immunity to Natalie in Fans vs. Favorites was a lot stupider.

JT's letter wasn't that bad considering he made the move based on what limited information he had at the time.
Old 11-04-10, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by outcastja
According to this post Ozzie posts on these forums. I wonder if he's still does.
As memory serves, that was a joke about DolphinBoy.

I'm rooting for Brenda. She's not the nicest person, but you have to root for someone, and I think she's playing fairly well.
Old 11-04-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 278 Likes on 207 Posts

It seems that Dan has fallen to the back of the chopping block. He seems like the perfect person to take to the end. If it's a final two, it would almost be a guaranteed win. It'll probably be a final three again (ugh).
Old 11-04-10, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
It seems that Dan has fallen to the back of the chopping block. He seems like the perfect person to take to the end. If it's a final two, it would almost be a guaranteed win. It'll probably be a final three again (ugh).
I'd like to know who and why Dan was even selected to be on the show.
Old 11-04-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Damfino
The voters got that one wrong. Eric handing immunity to Natalie in Fans vs. Favorites was a lot stupider.

JT's letter wasn't that bad considering he made the move based on what limited information he had at the time.
I agree. I think JT won the vote since it was more current than Eric's fiasco.
Old 11-04-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 181 Posts

Jury started this episode, so we have...

10 person jury if a final 2
9 person jury if a final 3

Either scenario can create a tie situation, so I guess it's a tossup.
Old 11-04-10, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,981 Posts

What do they do if there's a tie on the final three?

Would they have a re-vote after the program has aired? Build fires? Coin toss?
Old 11-05-10, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree. I think JT won the vote since it was more current than Eric's fiasco.
I think Colby voting out Keith instead of Tina is the worst but its likely most of the people who were voting dont remember or had never seen it. That move alone cost him 900,000 and a guranteed 7-0 jury win.

The players who made dumb moves f5,f10 or earler there is no gurantee any of those make the end in their respective season.

JT especially was dead man walking last season because his tribe had no more trust in him he almost had to make a random risk like that.
Old 11-05-10, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Jury started this episode, so we have...

10 person jury if a final 2
9 person jury if a final 3

Either scenario can create a tie situation, so I guess it's a tossup.
In a 9 person jury I believe they revote btwn the top 2.

I remember reading this sometime after China because the vote was 4-2-1.

Had Jean Robert one of the jurors who said he would never vote for Todd and Amanda after being betrayed stuck true to that it would have been 3 votes Courtney 3 votes Todd 1 Amanda. Presumably the person who voted Amanda would have to revote Todd or Courtney.
Old 11-05-10, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems that Dan has fallen to the back of the chopping block. He seems like the perfect person to take to the end.
From watching some of the insider videos on the CBS site he seems well liked by just about everyone of the young kids and Marty. He might win if he makes it to the end but I think he will get cut a round or two before the finale.
Old 11-05-10, 04:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horrible season. I'm down to pulling for Fabio because he seems so dumb or Dan because he's so worthless. Either one getting the win would be the perfect fitting way to sum up this season.

I'm convinced that Nay is playing up to the cameras (especially during "confessional" time) in hopes of (1) getting more air time (it's working!) and (2) being invited back on a future All-Stars as a villain. No way she's that abrasive in real life. She might be counting on being so unlikeable that people would want to take her to the final (as was discussed by a couple of other contestants), but I don't know that she's that bright.

At any rate, past highlighting of past contestants who "act out" undoubtedly influences the outlandish behavior of some people. The quiet ones (like Kelly, who barely gets mentioned) get lost in the shuffle unless they make it to the late rounds.
Old 11-05-10, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should try. I would kill to be on Survivor. I love to camp and can make fire using a fire bow... man it would be great. Seeing myslef on TV and watching what kind of character they edit me into would suck though.

This season sucks balls. No one to root for at all. I'm going with Fabio because he reminds me exactly of my son... when he was 11 years old.

Last edited by DeputyDave; 11-05-10 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-05-10, 10:40 AM

Great points. Maybe I am cut out for Survivor. I just looked it up on our local news website where I saw the story and printed out the contract/application out of curiosity. And by the way, that document is over 20 freaking pages!
I actually applied a few years ago. It took some time to fill out the lengthy application form. I made the tape and saved it to a VHS which is what they required at the time (not sure what they ask for now). My tape was not anything crazy or funny, just me saying why I wanted to be on and why I thought I could win it. I don't have an extrovert personality, so I figured I was a long shot. Never heard from them and haven't reapplied since. I still think it would be a blast, though.

Good luck to you if you decide to apply!
Old 11-06-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty much the only reason why I'm still tuning in each week:

Old 11-07-10, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,754 Posts

Naonka farting during her confessional was disgusting.

The whole thing with her being a cranky bitch and hiding the food/pots was just idiotic and childish.

Marty is a dead man walking. I will be absolutely amazed if he survives after next week's episode. I don't know if it's just how his scenes are edited, but I've seen him do nothing to strategize and keep himself in the game. People fucking hated Russell the last 2 seasons, but at least he fucking knew how to play the game and was good at talking his way out of jams. I just don't understand that idiotic deal he made with Sash. So, is Sash supposed to return the hidden immunity idol now?

Honestly, I really don't like anyone...maybe Kelly Purple, since she hasn't really done anything annoying. But, it's still an entertaining season.
Old 11-07-10, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,754 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
I'm convinced that Nay is playing up to the cameras (especially during "confessional" time) in hopes of (1) getting more air time (it's working!) and (2) being invited back on a future All-Stars as a villain. No way she's that abrasive in real life. She might be counting on being so unlikeable that people would want to take her to the final (as was discussed by a couple of other contestants), but I don't know that she's that bright.
I think alot of her nasty ghetto black chick attitude is indeed an act. There have been a few episodes in the last few weeks where her personality didn't jive with previous episodes, especially when she became emotional because of the weather. Or later on when she talked about being divorced at age 26. Then this episode she brings back the ghetto.
Old 11-07-10, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, Naonka is definitely playing to the cameras. That's one of the reasons why I can't stand her at all. All the crazy shit she does and her terrible attitude is very forced and therefore not entertaining in the slightest.

I'd be fine if Fabio or Benry wins. Also, I don't think Fabio is as stupid as the edit makes him seem. But that's the role he was given and they are going to keep forcing those moments.
Old 11-07-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 178 Likes on 142 Posts

If you were going to play a character to the camera, why would you pick "stupid disgusting ghetto bitch." At least pick "smart disgusting ghetto bitch." Plus, she plays it far too naturally for it to be an act.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.