Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Nicaragua - Oct 20, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua - Oct 20, 2010

I get voting Yve off and keeping Dan--he's a great guy to take with you to the finals because he's done nothing. Plus, Yve is seriously playing the game, making her a real threat.

But voting off Kelly B instead of Marty? Seriously? Especially when he has the idol--and she's voting WITH your tribe! That was the dumbest vote ever. Once it gets down to an individual game, Kelly B would be toast anyway. Why on earth they would keep Marty around for another two weeks (he'll play the idol next week because it's the last time he can), I don't understand.
Old 10-21-10, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 141 Posts

Didn't Marty at one point say something about how the idol could only help him one more tribal council? Why would it expire so early? There's like 13 or 14 people still left.
Old 10-21-10, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
But voting off Kelly B instead of Marty? Seriously? Especially when he has the idol--and she's voting WITH your tribe! That was the dumbest vote ever. Once it gets down to an individual game, Kelly B would be toast anyway. Why on earth they would keep Marty around for another two weeks (he'll play the idol next week because it's the last time he can), I don't understand.
And it was a 5-1 vote (I assume, they showed 4 KB votes out of 5, so I assume the 6th was a KB vote too) to boot. That made no sense. Now he's still got an Idol and more time to work on the dimwit.

Why is it the last time he could play the Idol? I thought you could play it at any point before the Final 4.
Old 10-21-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Didn't Marty at one point say something about how the idol could only help him one more tribal council? Why would it expire so early? There's like 13 or 14 people still left.
I don't know. I thought maybe he figured he wouldn't be able to get by more than twice with them knowing.
Old 10-21-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I think he was saying that if he played it that night, they'd vote him off next time anyway, so the idol would only buy him one more Tribal.
Old 10-21-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I don't know. I thought maybe he figured he wouldn't be able to get by more than twice with them knowing.
Maybe that's it. I was just taking Marty's word for it. :P

BTW, Jeff Probst's blog is up and he basically agrees with everyone here--that it was idiotic not to vote out Dan and Marty: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/21/je...gua-episode-6/
Old 10-21-10, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I can figure that Brenda & Co. were thinking when getting rid of Kelly B is that they already knew that Marty was gunning for them, but it's really just Marty & Jill at this point. But if Kelly B. survives, and now knows she's definitively on the outs, she may have the potential to try to rally some of the others (like Jane, Fabio, maybe even Holly) and cause a coup. A case of the devil you know versus the devil you don't? Not likely and that's probably not even what they were thinking, but it's the only thing I can come up with as to what they were thinking.
Old 10-21-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk God

That is a good point and I did think of that last night - KB is certainly going to be pissed if she advanced. But still, I'd rather have a pissed-off KB + Jill with no Idol than Marty + Jill + Idol as my opposition. With the former, you'd be guaranteed of getting rid of one of them.
Old 10-21-10, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

If they wanted to get Kelly B out, they could have just voted for her without splitting the votes. The young players are just clueless when it comes to strategy. Their five (or four, if they wanted to hide Jane's allegiance switch) were enough to get her out.
Old 10-21-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by hobiewan1976
The only thing I can figure that Brenda & Co. were thinking when getting rid of Kelly B is that they already knew that Marty was gunning for them, but it's really just Marty & Jill at this point. But if Kelly B. survives, and now knows she's definitively on the outs, she may have the potential to try to rally some of the others (like Jane, Fabio, maybe even Holly) and cause a coup. A case of the devil you know versus the devil you don't? Not likely and that's probably not even what they were thinking, but it's the only thing I can come up with as to what they were thinking.
Brenda touched on that, I dont know if her thinking was to that extent and spot on. She just mentioned dealing with a "pissed off Kelly"

Too bad, she was the hottest chick there besides one short coming.

Guess I gotta go for Marty or Fab. Oh and thanks for posting the blog! I hate searching for it through google.
Old 10-21-10, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Oh and thanks for posting the blog! I hate searching for it through google.
Just go to www.ew.com and type "Jeff Probst" in the search bar. Although, I always forget about them, so I also appreciate them being posted here. Thanks!
Old 10-21-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just finished this episode, after those two got voted off, the only likable person to me is Fabio. Like others here, I'm just rooting for Marty to vote off Brenda. However, I have a bad feeling that the alliance of Brenda, NaOnka, Sash and Chase will all go to the end.
Old 10-22-10, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,067 Likes on 880 Posts

My first thought was to wonder whether he could use the idol for the revote.
Old 10-22-10, 01:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fully support voting out Yve. Winning isn't really that big of a deal for them at this point. If they lose again they can always vote Dan out or use him to stab each other in the back. Now is the time for Alina and Benry to use Dan and Holly to take out to take out either Chase or Nakonka. They have to see that one of those two has to go before the merge or like outcastja says that alliance will be too powerful.

Last edited by sven; 10-22-10 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-22-10, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Brenda touched on that, I dont know if her thinking was to that extent and spot on. She just mentioned dealing with a "pissed off Kelly"
But again, if they were worried about Kelly, they could have just voted for her the first time, without a split vote. They didn't need anyone to actually vote for Marty in order for him to waste his idol, they just had to make him think there was a good chance they'd vote for him.

One person (Sash maybe?) voted for Marty in the revote (Marty and Kelly didn't vote) so one person might not be a complete failure when it comes to strategy, but the rest are terrible.
Old 10-22-10, 02:07 AM

I'm betting it was Jane who voted for Marty the second time.
Old 10-22-10, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts

I liked Yve and was disappointed with the end result. I don't think she did a very good job selling herself and her value to the tribe. Throwing him under the bus right away about his sore body was just desperation by her. But, I didn't get Dan's comment calling her arrogant. Did not see anything arrogant about her demeanor.

The whole conversation between Fabio and Marty was just idiotic. I can't believe there are people that stupid and gullable living and breathing in the United States. I liked how amazed Fabio was at Marty after listening to his bullshit. I don't think Marty has a shot in hell of winning though. I do hope something brews with his battle against Brenda.

I'm also surprised how much Naonka has toned down. She was so fucking annoying and obnoxious after the shoving incident with Kelly B, but now she's been a little more tolerable and hasn't shown her nasty ghetto attitude.

I think this season of Survivor is pretty comparible to Vanuatu in least likeable contestants. There is really noone I'm rooting for right now.
Old 10-22-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sven
I'm sure it was too, because they never did tell Jane about the plan to split the vote. They just told her that she was safe and to vote for Marty.

Last edited by dino88; 10-22-10 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-22-10, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Brenda and the gay guy from NYC are twats.
Man, I am glad to hear I am not the only one that doesn't like those two. I realize it may be the edits not showing how they are woo'ing the other team mates...

But I feel that I am a good enough judge of character to at least know that Brenda is not someone to be trusted.
Old 10-22-10, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't think anyone much likes Brenda and NYC. Brenda has that pretty girl entitlement thing going on with her that makes her play in the game feel like high school.
Old 10-22-10, 12:07 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 124 Likes on 112 Posts

Naonka just didn't get the crazy person edit in this episode is all.
Old 10-22-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sven
Yeah, that makes sense. So only one person voted for the right person, but they did it for the wrong reason
Old 10-22-10, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Naonka just didn't get the crazy person edit in this episode is all.
Yet she still annoys me every time she opens her mouth.
Old 10-23-10, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What an unlikable and stupid bunch of players. Marty and Brenda are the only (relatively) bright ones but they are so unlikable it makes it hard to root for them.

I may actually pick Fabio as my favorite now. His line, "He can do, like, numbers in his head man." made me grin for hours.

I'll still watch but this is no longer the show I look forward to anymore. Jeff's blog is more entertaining. It seems like I'm watching the show now to put it in context.
Old 10-23-10, 11:23 AM

Hopefully Alina and Benry surprise you next week by taking out Naonka.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.