Old 10-05-10, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Parenthood -- "Date Night" -- 10/05/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Kristina plans a date night with Adam in an effort to keep their relationship going strong. Elsewhere, Sarah offers dating advice to Drew; Haddie runs in a school election; and Crosby realizes he still has a lot to learn about being a father.
Old 10-06-10, 01:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Date Night" -- 10/05/10

If I have a bunch of episodes saved on my Tivo, is it worth it to catch up? Parenthood is a decent show, but it just seems like they take these everyday occurrences and turns them into giant dramatic, plots and it's just become a bit of a chore to watch.
Old 10-06-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by BGPu
If I have a bunch of episodes saved on my Tivo, is it worth it to catch up? Parenthood is a decent show, but it just seems like they take these everyday occurrences and turns them into giant dramatic, plots and it's just become a bit of a chore to watch.
Yes, it's a good show, but obviously that's subject to opinion. It's got a full 22 episode season order, so it's not going anywhere.
Old 10-06-10, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really love this show.

I thought it was a little ridiculous that Jasmine's brother was about to get into a fight with Crosby though. I mean sure, the situation wasn't ideal, but at least Crosby wasn't trying to drive and was doing the best he could in the situation. Although really he should've just fessed to being drunk in the first place and said he couldn't do it. Either way, I liked the resolution of it and I'm glad Crosby and Jasmine's mom are starting to get along and see eye-to-eye; she's being much more reasonable now. Nice to see Crosby make a mistake here and there though and to see that he's learning from them.

I got a good laugh out of Drew saying, "I can't leave, I live here" and then asking the girl to leave instead.
Old 10-06-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TVWithoutPity 's Twitter
#Parenthood's quietly turned into the best drama not enough people are watching. Incredibly natural dialogue and characterizations.
Old 10-06-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I really enjoy the show, but I get so sick of Kristina, she seems to get whinier as the series goes on. Hell I am at the point I want Adam and her to become part of that 80% rate if she gets any worse.
Old 10-06-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
I really enjoy the show, but I get so sick of Kristina, she seems to get whinier as the series goes on. Hell I am at the point I want Adam and her to become part of that 80% rate if she gets any worse.
I love Kristina...

Sarah, on the other hand, is the whiny one and becomes increasingly whiner with each episode.
Old 10-06-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me a couple minutes to figure out where I knew the actress who played Holly, Drew's lab partner. She played April, Luke's daughter, on Gilmore Girls.

I loved the kids reactions when Joel pulled out the block of wood.

I hope they introduce conflicts between characters that last longer than an episode. I don't mind a wrapped up tidy ending, but when it happens every episode, it's becomes annoying.
Old 10-09-10, 05:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They should rename the show "Hurt Feelings" because in every episode one of the Bravermans deeply hurts the feelings of one of the other Bravermans, but everyone makes up and at the end of each episode the entire clan gets together to cheer one of the kids on at the big chess match or tumbling competition.

It's a highly watchable show. It's just that nothing ever really happens...
Old 10-09-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

At least they finally got Potter in a hot outfit. They've kept her a little too homely up until now.
Old 10-09-10, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Seriously. Potter is a beautiful woman. Almost too beautiful to be playing Adam's wife.
Old 10-10-10, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Seriously. Potter is a beautiful woman. Almost too beautiful to be playing Adam's wife.
She's okay, but nothing great, IMO. I much prefer Erika Christensen.

As for the quality of the show, it's always entertaining, but I never feel the need to watch it immediately. Only for my wife, I'd have the all of the episodes of this season on PVR still, but she really enjoys it, so we end up watching them. And Sarah is a mess as a mother. Can't really see Maura Tierney pulling that off like Graham does.