DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   David E. Kelley developing new Wonder Woman series (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/580106-david-e-kelley-developing-new-wonder-woman-series.html)

DJariya 05-12-11 10:53 PM

Re: David E. Kelley developing new Wonder Woman series

Originally Posted by The Valeyard (Post 10769105)
The Aquaman pilot was on a Smallville bonus disc. It's also on the Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths Blu-Ray.

:lol: My bad, Guess I need to go through my old Smallville season sets.

Evan Meadow 05-13-11 05:45 AM

Yeah I hope they do the same thing with Wonder Woman. Put it on the next Justice League Blu-Ray.

fujishig 05-13-11 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10769084)
Yeah, it was different seeing Green Arrow as Aquaman.

I'd check out WW on itunes as well if they put it up.

Wasn't Palicki in the Aquaman pilot too?

joe_b 05-13-11 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 10770439)
Wasn't Palicki in the Aquaman pilot too?

Yup - she played an evil siren.

BTW, the Aquaman pilot was only released with select Smallville sets as a Best Buy exclusive bonus disc tucked inside the case. Was it actually included on the same BD with that Justice League movie, or was it a bonus disc there as well?

Evan Meadow 05-14-11 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 10770884)

BTW, the Aquaman pilot was only released with select Smallville sets as a Best Buy exclusive bonus disc tucked inside the case. Was it actually included on the same BD with that Justice League movie, or was it a bonus disc there as well?

Included on the Blu Ray.

joe_b 05-14-11 02:13 AM

^ Thanks. I'll have to pick that up eventually.

stingermck 05-23-11 10:50 AM

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...1306161825.jpg

Warner Bros TV CEO Peter Roth tells The Hollywood Reporter that no decision has been made in regards to finding the show a new home on another network. "I'm just not sure yet; we haven't given it a lot of thought," he said. Meanwhile, Bleeding Cool found this image of star Adrianne Palicki in the "final" costume:

RocShemp 05-23-11 12:25 PM

Meh. Just let it die and allow everyone to move onto different projects.

windom 05-23-11 03:40 PM

Wow, didn't expect them to bring in Lex Luthor as the villain.

Double_Oh_7 05-23-11 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 10770884)

It will also be included in the upcoming complete series set.

DGibFen 05-23-11 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 10785656)

Bald guy (Thinking): "Don't look down, keep looking at the camera..."

arminius 05-23-11 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by DGibFen (Post 10786241)
Bald guy (Thinking): "Don't look down, keep looking at the camera..."

Yea, if that was me, all you'd see is my feet.

milo bloom 05-23-11 09:29 PM

I was kinda looking forward to this. Hope someone else picks this up, maybe at least make a self-contained little mini-series out of it.

Dr. DVD 06-20-11 06:26 PM

Apparently they're trying to get it back into a feature film, with someone else as Wonder Woman. Don't know if the hair color is right, but the rest....:drool:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...onder_wom.html

RocShemp 06-20-11 06:55 PM

I adore her and think she'd make a fantastic Greek godess but don't actually picture her as WW for some reason. I dunno why.

riley_dude 06-20-11 07:06 PM

Why not just film the Whedon script?

RocShemp 06-20-11 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude (Post 10824787)
Why not just film the Whedon script?

Although I'm not one of Whedon's faithful, I have to agree with this. He really seemed to get the character and the setting. But wouldn't Captain America make it too late since it was WW versus Nazi's (albeit with Amazon weapons)?

whotony 06-20-11 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD (Post 10824736)
Apparently they're trying to get it back into a feature film, with someone else as Wonder Woman. Don't know if the hair color is right, but the rest....:drool:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...onder_wom.html

I don't see anything there that says they're trying to restart this project as a feature. Just a guy saying if he was doing it he would love to use Hendricks.

stingermck 09-06-12 03:33 PM

Lets try again!

The CW Is Developing a Wonder Woman Origins Series

Boom! Wonder Woman may be coming back to TV after all, but not in the way we've been used to seeing her on film. Barely a year after NBC opted against moving forward with David E. Kelley's reworking of the comic book icon, and just as the character is hooking up with the Man of Steel in the comics, Vulture hears that the CW, Warner Bros. TV, and DC Comics have found a new way to revive the legend of Diana of Themyscira. The plan this time: origin story, all the way.

Our sources say the new take on the comic book crime fighter is being written by Allan Heinberg (Grey's Anatomy, The O.C.) under the working title Amazon. Unlike past TV incarnations, it will focus on Wonder Woman as a young, budding superhero, rather than a fully formed defender of liberty. (Think Smallville, but instead of a "no tights, no flights" rule, this show might have a "no bracelets, no crown" mandate.) Heinberg seems a logical candidate for the job: His resume includes work on the kinds of soapy dramas the CW favors as well as comic-geek street cred (he wrote the Young Avengers comic book series back in 2005).

It should be noted that CW is only developing a script at this point; no pilot production has been greenlit or even contractually guaranteed. (The network, along with WBTV and D.C., declined comment) But if a pilot is filmed, and a show gets ordered, it will be a major accomplishment for WBTV and D.C., since rebooting WW (outside of animation) has proven challenging in the three decades since the campy Wonder Woman TV series wrapped its three-year run on ABC and CBS in 1979. Most recently, there was the aforementioned Kelley take. It was pitched to various networks in the fall of 2010, apparently rejected by broadcasters, but then picked up by NBC in early 2011. After Kelley turned in his pilot, however, the Peacock made the decision to not move forward with a series. Likewise, Joss Whedon had long been attached to a film take on Wonder Woman. That never came to fruition, either, and Whedon is now busy with another comic franchise these days.

But Warners (which owns D.C.) seems determined. This past June, Variety reported, almost as an afterthought, that writer Michael Goldenberg was developing a new feature film centered around the Wonder Woman character. No details of that project have emerged and it's unclear if D.C. would proceed with a film revival if Amazon moved forward. (It's worth noting that Warners launched Superman Returns in theaters even as the origins-centric WB series Smallville continued on TV). If Amazon ultimately takes off, however, CW does seem the right environment for bringing back Wonder Woman: The network has a long history of successful sci-fi/superhero shows (it aired the last few seasons of WB import Smallville; Arrow launches this season) and its female-centric lineup seems a natural home for one of pop culture's leading feminist icons. As long as there's not a campy World War II subplot or any mention of Wonder Woman dolls, we're interested to see what develops.

Ranger 09-06-12 03:39 PM

Amazon. Ahh, love the title.

cleaver 09-06-12 04:30 PM

A Wonder Woman show should be the opposite of Smallville. She's raised in her native land then goes to America in full ceremonial gear. Instead of having to develop the superhero persona like Superman she needs to reign it in so she's not freaking people out when she strolls through the city dressed like a hooker.