Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

'Regular Show' (Cartoon Network)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-30-10, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Becoming one of my favourite new shows on Cartoon Network (along side 'Mad') - this show follows the misadventures of best friends Mordecai (a giant blue jay and Rigby (a raccoon) the humour is so quirky and jaded, it comes across as 15 minute animated series geared to Richard Linkletter/'Napolean Dynamite' fans (credit though should go to the show's true originator; J.G. Quintel)- while it's aimed for kids, the implied use of cleverly conceled expletives is really a kick and complete slacker attitude speaks to alot of folk - check it out - the last episode where the two try to one each other up, by obtaining Kung Fu 'death punchies' was a complete hoot
Old 09-30-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 'Regular Show' (Cartoon Network)

The commercials looked abysmal. SO it's good, huh? I found Mad to be nothing more than a Robot Chicken wannabe but not as funny, so I don't know...
Old 10-01-10, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Haven't really cared for Mad, but Regular Show is hilarious. The first episode had me rolling from the get-go, and as Giles said, the Death Punch episode was great as well.
Old 10-01-10, 04:45 PM

and like Mad and Robot Chicken, the 15min. is just the right amount of time per episode. I also like the voice work for 'Regular Show'. The fact that the premise of the various episodes are so simple and then end in irony and sheer bizarreness ('Adventure Time' though takes the cake for being waaaay 'out there' those animators and writers must be smoking some serious weed) is just ingenious - the ending of the episode where the two are working overtime to see a favourite band only for
Spoiler:
Rigby to fall asleep when the concert begins
was both predictable, funny and unfortunate.
Old 10-01-10, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's funny as hell, and my kids love it. I don't think it's as good as Adventure Time, but I'm a sucker for any show with D&D jokes. I do like the '80s feel of Regular Show - the videogames with shitty graphics, the Casio™ keyboard, the idea that all you need are cutoffs and a mullet to punch somebody into the sun.
Old 10-01-10, 07:53 PM

I haven't seen Regular Show yet (my kids tell me its good ), but Adventure Time is hilarious. I'm a fan of Misadventures of Flapjack too.
Old 10-01-10, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love all three shows - plus I enjoy having shows to watch with the kids.
Old 10-03-10, 12:09 AM

I have to give credit to the August Animation Challenge which actually got me to rewatch the channel and discover these shows - for the record watched 'Ben 10' for the first time and it did nothing for me - 'Sym Bionic Titan's' animation is really amazing. Also became a fan of Total World Drama Tour - it's odd mixture of 'Amazing Race'/'Survivor'/totally random musical number is quite amusing and entertaining.
Old 10-26-10, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, episode 8: "The Unicorns Have Got to Go."

Am I reading too much into it, or did those unicorns trick Mordecai into drinking their cocksnot? That was messed up. Unusual to see a modern cartoon that shows the best way to deal with obnoxious visitors is to kill them all at once.
Old 10-26-10, 04:33 PM

^ oh but did you see the episode where the hotdogs threatened to eat Mordecai and Rigby and their friends only to resort to cannibalism and eventually ate themselves - talk about surreality and completely out there.
Old 03-19-11, 01:57 AM

I began watching this a few months ago and I have to say it's freaking hilarious! I can't believe they get away with some of this stuff on a "kids" show.
Old 04-25-11, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The "Ello Gov'ner" episode was just on a few days ago and I found myself watching it with my kids about three or four times on Youtube. Pretty good show. I'll likely be purchasing this for them (and me) if it ever makes an appearance in the DVD format.
Old 08-13-15, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

There's a 70 minute movie that's set to debut on Cartoon Network at some point, but it will be available On Demand starting September 1st (for a fee). Not sure how well that plan will work but noble effort no less.