Old 09-27-10, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
House -- "Selfish" -- 09/27/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A 14-year-old (Alyson Stoner) with a terminally ill brother collapses during a skateboarding competition. Meanwhile, House and Cuddy confront the workplace ramifications of their relationship; and in the clinic, House must deal with an elderly man and his son.

I guess I was in the minority last week, but I thought last week's episode was good and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with House and Cuddy.
Old 09-27-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: House -- "Selfish" -- 09/27/10

Is that Flo?
Old 09-27-10, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by firteen88 View Post
Is that Flo?
Yes.

She was also on Mad Men as one of the switchboard girls in season 1/2. I never noticed her but my wife picked her right out lol.
Old 09-28-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I find it kind of amusing how Olivia Wilde was finally added to the opening credits, and now she's going to be MIA for a while.

Oh, and the episode was pretty damn good. I can't imagine having to make a decision like those parents did.
Old 09-28-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll be honest - this relationship thing is killing the show. the edgy House that yells and berates people is gone, which = BORING

The only sign of the old House was when he yelled at the parents, which happened 3 minutes until the end of the show.

I was hoping that he would get a new supervisor, so the dynamic of the show can get back on track - and House can have someone to but heads with, but it has become obvious that the writers don't know what to do about this season.

They lost Olivia for most of the season - so instead of writing an interesting story line... they have her just disappear and leave a Dear John note
Old 09-28-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll be honest - this relationship thing is killing the show. the edgy House that yells and berates people is gone, which = BORING

The only sign of the old House was when he yelled at the parents, which happened 3 minutes until the end of the show.

I was hoping that he would get a new supervisor, so the dynamic of the show can get back on track - and House can have someone to but heads with, but it has become obvious that the writers don't know what to do about this season.

They lost Olivia for most of the season - so instead of writing an interesting story line... they have her just disappear and leave a Dear John note
I couldn't disagree more with everything you wrote. The edgy house is clearly not gone, they showed this at the end of the episode. Him and Cuddy will clearly be butting heads throughout the season. Seems like the writers know what they're doing to me. Thought it was a great episode.
Old 09-28-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's the second episode of the season. Of course they have to explore what would happen if House tried to just be subservient to Cuddy. I liked it, because it shows growth for the character. And as has been mentioned, his true self did come out at the end there so I believe the writers know what they're doing.
Old 09-28-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I found myself tuning out on this episode as well, even with House regaining some of his mojo and footing. It's going to be an uphill writing task to keep Huddy from killing the vibe of the show. But I'm willing to stick with House through the fall.
Old 09-28-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That cast photo above looks like a spoof of the opening for Rules Of Engagement...kind of an odd pick to riff on.

Another great episode. The humor is really working well this season. Loved the stuff with House, Cuddy, Taub and the old man.

And of course, how can you not love House's near obsession with Cuddy's ass? Her ass was nearly a guest star in and of itself!
Old 09-28-10, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone really believe House and Cuddy will be together for long?
Old 09-29-10, 05:10 AM

I can't help but notice the many shots of Cuddy's "well-formed bureaucratic ...". The editors always cut way before, but now the camera practically lingers there.