Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Who DOESN'T watch procedural shows?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Who DOESN'T watch procedural shows?

Criminal Minds isn't too bad I watch it every now and then when my dad has it on its basically his favorite show. Other than that I used to really enjoy Law & Order during its early years and still will get caught up in a marathon on TNT now and again. Criminal Intent was good too especially in its early years but, I watched up until Goren and Eames left the show. Never got into SVU that much though. Other than those three I don't really get into procedurals very often.

Last edited by Mike86; 09-29-10 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-29-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you go the route of The Wire, it's hard to go back to shows that wrap up cases in 45 minutes.
Old 09-29-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of procedural or doctor/cop/lawyer shows but there are some I like. I was a fan of Cold Case mainly because of how the show gave the audience insight into the victims and the time periods and situations they were in. I did like the orginal Law and Order and SVU years ago but don't care much for them and I'm glad the original show was finally canned. I was never able to get into the CSI or NCIS franchises. I have seen a few good episodes of CSI:NY and I think Gary Sinise could be on a better show. I have seen the first two seasons of Criminal Minds on DVD and the show isn't bad at all. I have a cousin who recently added me to her friends on Facebook. I haven't seen her in a couple of years and I looked at her favorite TV shows and her list consisted of L&O, Criminal Minds, the NCIS shows, CSI shows and Bones. I think I would go crazy if I watched all those shows. I like to watch a different of drama shows.
Old 09-29-10, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
I only watch the Law & Order shows. Not religiously, but if I'm looking for something to watch, and L&O is on, I tune in. Then I find out it's a marathon, and I keep watching and watching...

I can't stand NCIS, CSI, etc. To me, those shows have nothing on Law & Order. No idea why.
I found the acting on the L&O shows to be a lot of better than acting on NCIS and CSI. For some reason Mark Harmon and the goth chick on NCIS bug the hell out of me. In the past I have tuned into L&O marathons and enjoyed them. If I saw a CSI or NCIS marathon on USA or some other channel I wouldn't bother watching.
Old 09-29-10, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Once you go the route of The Wire, it's hard to go back to shows that wrap up cases in 45 minutes.
I agree with you on that. The Wire dominates in the acting and writing and I like the continuous story arcs. I can still watch some network procedural shows but in a way The Wire ruined those shows for me.
Old 09-29-10, 09:14 PM

me, I never could get into them.