Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terriers - New series coming to FX

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Terriers - New series coming to FX

Terriers from Creator/Executive Producer Ted Griffin (Ocean’s Eleven, Matchstick Men) and Executive Producer Shawn Ryan (The Shield), is a comedic drama starring Donal Logue (The Tao of Steve) and Michael Raymond-James (True Blood). It centers on “Hank Dolworth” (Logue), an ex-cop, who partners with his best friend “Britt Pollack” (Raymond-James) in an unlicensed private investigation business. Comedic, edgy, original, a show about high stakes in the face of low expectations, Terriers explores what it’s like in today's America to be "too small to fail." Co-stars include Laura Allen (Dirt) as “Katie,” Britt’s girlfriend; Rockmond Dunbar (Prison Break) as “Detective Mark Gustafson,” former colleague of Hank; and Jamie Denbo (Weeds) as “Maggie Lefferts,” Hank’s attorney. Craig Brewer (Hustle and Flow, The Shield) directed the pilot episode. Terriers is produced by Fox 21.
Anyone else looking forward to this? Shawn Ryan has a great track record with both The Shield & The Unit under his belt. I'm not too big on the genre, but I like The Good Guys on FOX and expect this will be similar but hopefully better as well.
Old 08-23-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Terriers - New series coming to FX

I dig Donal Logue, and I like the creators. I'm in for half a season at least.
Old 08-23-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really looking forward to this. FX has a great track record with shows, and Shawn Ryan's involvement is icing on the cake.
Old 08-23-10, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I will watch because it is on FX. I will say, however, that they have done a shitty job of promoting what exactly this show is.
Old 08-23-10, 04:43 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Definitely looking forward to it.
Old 08-23-10, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I will watch because it is on FX. I will say, however, that they have done a shitty job of promoting what exactly this show is.
You mean the promos with the dog digging a hole in the sand?

Here's an actual longform trailer:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6DIYXWYBT0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6DIYXWYBT0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-23-10, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I will say, however, that they have done a shitty job of promoting what exactly this show is.
Agreed. Every time I mention about watching it someone asks if it's a show about dogs going by the previews.
Old 08-23-10, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
You mean the promos with the dog digging a hole in the sand?

Here's an actual longform trailer:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6DIYXWYBT0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6DIYXWYBT0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Nice promo, but I wonder how many people have seen it? Like others said, the TV spots don't give you any idea what the show is like.
Old 08-23-10, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk God

I follow Shawn Ryan's Twitter feed and he mentioned the other day that he was the co-showrunner on this series and wrote 2 episodes. They already completed production on the 13 episodes earlier this year.

Nice shot of Olivia Williams butt in the promo. I've missed her since Dollhouse got the axe.
Old 08-24-10, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's just a difficult show to sell. I can only hope they're planning on re-airing the show either out of Sons or The League for at least a while. I could see it drawing viewers from both places, but I actually think it would have paired better in the spring with Justified.

This show's pedigree, by the way, guarantees it a season in my book. Ride Along gets the same commitment when it skates in.
Old 08-24-10, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Judging by that 1:30 trailer I posted, It looks like a quirky character-driven detective comedy/drama.

Ryan mentioned on his Twitter feed that the show is shot in San Diego.
Old 08-24-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comedy/drama shows are hard to market in my estimation, and so are quirky shows. That's what I'm getting at.