Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Eureka -- "Stoned" -- 08/20/10

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-10, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Eureka -- "Stoned" -- 08/20/10

Anyone know who played the spa lady in this episode? It bugged me since I kept thinking I've seen her before.
Old 08-22-10, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I like linear progressing stories.
I will say that I think this current season's arc has, so far, been the most fulfilling. It's taken a standard sci-fi trope, that changing the past can affect the present, and has really played it for keeps. Unlike other shows, even this one previously, it doesn't look like they're going to "undo" the time change, the characters are permanently stuck in the new timeline. It's an interesting way to re-invigorate the series, and a good starting point for new viewers.
Old 08-22-10, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tscott
Anyone know who played the spa lady in this episode? It bugged me since I kept thinking I've seen her before.
Keegan Connor Tracy

I recognized her from Final Destination 2.
Old 08-22-10, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Keegan Connor Tracy

I recognized her from Final Destination 2.
Thanks. Battlestar Galactica is where I know her from. She was the cute Cult of Balter leader.
Old 08-23-10, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I loved her on Jake 2.0
Old 08-24-10, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay G.
I will say that I think this current season's arc has, so far, been the most fulfilling. It's taken a standard sci-fi trope, that changing the past can affect the present, and has really played it for keeps. Unlike other shows, even this one previously, it doesn't look like they're going to "undo" the time change, the characters are permanently stuck in the new timeline. It's an interesting way to re-invigorate the series, and a good starting point for new viewers.
Yeah, I really hope they keep the new timeline, it has made the show a lot better, and has both rewarded old fans and welcomed new fans.
Old 08-25-10, 06:30 AM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I just wonder if we are going to get a storyline of the alt-time line travelers in the regular Eureka timeline. You know, alt-Henry with no wife, alt-Jo being chased by Zane, alt-Mom dealing with a suddenly-autistic Kevin, Fargo no longer head of GD....

Think that would be an interesting glimpse of how those 5 are dealing with the time displacement.
Old 08-25-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by movielib
Really? Do you know something because that would be awesome (I hardly ever use that overused word).
Well we are in an altered reality so anything is possible. Speaking of which, where the heck is Taggart (Matt "Max Headroom" Frewer)? He does two episodes of Supernatural and vanishes from this show? Did they explain his disappearance?
Old 08-25-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Well we are in an altered reality so anything is possible. Speaking of which, where the heck is Taggart (Matt "Max Headroom" Frewer)? He does two episodes of Supernatural and vanishes from this show? Did they explain his disappearance?
He was in the Season 3 episode "Have an Ice Day," in which they explain that he had been away on a scientific mission. This was the second to last episode that season.

I don't recall what happened to him after that, if they said so explicitly. Considering merely 2 episodes later the show was in an alternate timeline, it probably doesn't matter much: he could be anywhere in this timeline.

Here's links to plot summaries for "Have an Ice Day":
http://www.republibot.com/content/ep...n-3-episode-17
http://fandomania.com/tv-review-eure...ve-an-ice-day/
Old 08-27-10, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Since there's no thread on this week's episode ("The Ex-Files"), I'll just post here to say that Dr. Grant's line about
Spoiler:
a tall leggy blonde in a slinky red dress

was the greatest thing ever.
Old 09-11-10, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just updating from my initial question in this thread that I've been netflixing the show & I actually kind of like it so far. Certianly enough to keep on going with it. Its not amazing, but the lead is decent, the cast is decent, & I watch like 3 TV shows so I'm always looking for a new series to watch. Plus I know it will only get better once Felicai Day gets involved because I'm in love with her.