Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell's Kitchen -- Season Finale -- "Winner Announced" -- 8/10/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will win Hell's Kitchen Season 7?
Holli
38.89%
Blue Jay
27.78%
Both of them suck. I only watch because of Gordon
33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-10, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Your Final 2:

Holli

Holli Ugalde

Jay

Blue Jay Santos

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Blue Jay and Holli square off one last time each trying to impress Ramsay for that falsely advertised Head Chef position at the Savoy in London, which is probably a Head Sous Chef position. Both will have to pick from the crop of losers & nut jobs who were already eliminated to help them in their dinner services. In the end, Ramsay will pick another unqualified chef to work for him in London for maybe 1 year tops. Another season of Hell's Kitchen is in the books.

We do it all over again September 22nd with another 2 hour premiere.
Old 08-10-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Hell's Kitchen -- Season Finale -- "Winner Announced" -- 8/10/10

Only 6 votes after 100+ views?
Old 08-10-10, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Maybe saying they suck is harsh, but I do only watch because of Gordon.
Old 08-10-10, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at the episode synopsis.
Old 08-10-10, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Nice Tit shot by Holli there. She gets my vote.
Old 08-10-10, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats amazing is that I still enjoy this show even though its pretty much EXTACTLY the same thing every season. Nothing gets changed or any surprises. I wonder if those votes for what dish is best is fixed,because everytime its always tied and depends on the last person to taste the food, then they cut to commercial before revealing the winner.
Old 08-10-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm kind of surprised Holli won but I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. My guess is that Jay lost for being nice to Jason Instead of bitching him out.
Old 08-10-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I love Holli but she may be the worst winner ever.

Now the question is just how long does she stay at the Savoy? I'm guessing a month tops.
Old 08-10-10, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know it's not a real competition, but...I mean...c'mon...really?...ah forget it. On to next season's scallops and risotto.
Old 08-10-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Nice Tit shot by Holli there. She gets my vote.
Screencap or you're lying.
Old 08-10-10, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I know it's not a real competition, but...I mean...c'mon...really?...ah forget it. On to next season's burned scallops and undercooked risotto.
Fixed.
Old 08-11-10, 12:31 AM

Sounds silly, perhaps slightly sexist, but I think Holli had the advantage because, well, it was a girls turn to win. I mean, as long as she didn't completely screw the pooch during the last service. Previous seasons: man, woman, man, woman, man, man.

Next season? A non-Caucasian will win!! I realize this sounds dumb as hell, but as scripted as HK's is, I wouldn't doubt that they take factors like this into account. Hope not, though.
Old 08-11-10, 04:57 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Holli winning is a joke
Old 08-11-10, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Here is why Holli won, she kept her standards. Yes, there were plenty of times when one of the women would send her something subpar. But she stuck to her guns and always pushed it back for something better. BJay on the other hand had a few dishes that were returned once they got out to the floor (from Jason's lamb I believe). I think that might have been the deal breaker, because it was certainly close. Obviously, if they were going by kitchen, BJay would have won. But since they were going by head chef, Holli rightfully won. (I'd be lying though if I wasn't still a little surprised she won).

BTW, nice shot on Holli putting on clothes, I did not see any boob, but a very appealing bra/cleavage shot.
Old 08-11-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Here is why Holli won, she kept her standards. Yes, there were plenty of times when one of the women would send her something subpar. But she stuck to her guns and always pushed it back for something better. BJay on the other hand had a few dishes that were returned once they got out to the floor (from Jason's lamb I believe). I think that might have been the deal breaker, because it was certainly close. Obviously, if they were going by kitchen, BJay would have won. But since they were going by head chef, Holli rightfully won. (I'd be lying though if I wasn't still a little surprised she won).

BTW, nice shot on Holli putting on clothes, I did not see any boob, but a very appealing bra/cleavage shot.
I think Holli won because Jay is a long time chef. He has done it for 13 years and only battled to a close victory(he definately "won" the night. Holli has much less experience but is already very close in talent.
Old 08-11-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't use logic as to who will or should win Hell's Kitchen. The competition is a complete joke and most of it is scripted drama.

Why they even bother giving the contestants "head chef" duties during the compeitition is beyond me. Holli aint gonna be creating any menus. She'll be prepping every second that she works at the Savoy.

You don't just put a banquet chef into a top restaurant and expect her to cook food properly that people are paying $50 per entree (or more) to eat. She'll be a prep cook and it will just be a great thing to put on her resume as she's only 24 and will most likely stay there for a very short time...just like all previous winners.

Hell's Kitchen is a lot of fun and I'll watch it for as long as it's on the air, but a true cooking competition (a la Top Chef) it certainly isn't. You really can't predict who will win using Top Chef logic because the show isn't about that.
Old 08-11-10, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by whoopdido
You can't use logic as to who will or should win Hell's Kitchen. The competition is a complete joke and most of it is scripted drama.

Why they even bother giving the contestants "head chef" duties during the compeitition is beyond me. Holli aint gonna be creating any menus. She'll be prepping every second that she works at the Savoy.

You don't just put a banquet chef into a top restaurant and expect her to cook food properly that people are paying $50 per entree (or more) to eat. She'll be a prep cook and it will just be a great thing to put on her resume as she's only 24 and will most likely stay there for a very short time...just like all previous winners.

Hell's Kitchen is a lot of fun and I'll watch it for as long as it's on the air, but a true cooking competition (a la Top Chef) it certainly isn't. You really can't predict who will win using Top Chef logic because the show isn't about that.
Well said. I wasnt surprised to see Holli win. I think I even mentioned it a few threads back that she has finally started to "redeem" herself and show she was a worthy contender. Plus she had the stronger/tougher attitude as a leader in the kitchen compared to Jay.

This show I mainly watch for laughs and for the SHOCKING moments while Top Chef I watch to see a "real competition" with real chefs.
Old 08-11-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by maingon
Whats amazing is that I still enjoy this show even though its pretty much EXTACTLY the same thing every season. Nothing gets changed or any surprises.
Well they didn't make the finale 2 hours nor did they make the chef "design" a feel for their half of the dining room as they've done in the past. They also had the chefs work with the sous to "design" and taste test the food for their final competition which was more interesting to watch than anything they've done before.

That said, the stupid "contest" with Ramsay's current chefs picking a winner for each course is just a flat out joke. It is ALWAYS a tie up until the end. And the whole BS with the crowds of people cheering one contestant over another is just dumb. It isn't live so how would anyone know to root for Holli over Jay or vice versa? Since the show hasn't aired yet, they wouldn't know either from Adam. They should ditch that crap and just do that whole thing in Hell's Kitchen proper.
Old 08-11-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Where was Ed?
Old 08-11-10, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Where was Ed?
Drunk and naked somewhere.
Old 08-11-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

I was happy to see Holli win. Of all the so-called "chefs" this season she actually improved the most. Initially I thought this was just another forgettable dumb bimbo, but in these last few weeks I was impressed at her improvement.

I agree 100% with what Kedrix mentioned. She ran a good kitchen and maintained high standards with all her foods and didn't have anything returned.

Gordon was very low key in the finale. I did like him giving JP a champagne bath at the end.

I loved Blue Jay's remarks about Holli about wanting to sleep with her and get into her pants after the celebration was over.
Old 08-11-10, 01:00 PM

The people on the roof of the hotel were ridiculous. I'm sure they put flyers under all the guests' doors telling them that if they came upstairs for the taping they'd get $100 and probably a voucher for a free meal at the restaurant. Initially I thought it was significant because I figured maybe it was their family and friends, but no.

I snapped at the tv when the fourth judge said "definitely Jay's". It's kind of sickening to see how by-the-numbers this show remains.

When the door opened for Holli, she looked like she was sad she won, and it was slightly satisfying to see Jay disappointed after having such an ego all season. I didn't get that satisfaction from Ben's elimination last week.

I noticed last season's winner was there (I think his name was Dave), and he STILL has on a cast. He must have done some serious damage to his hand.
Old 08-11-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mraw
I noticed last season's winner was there (I think his name was Dave), and he STILL has on a cast. He must have done some serious damage to his hand.
OR they filmed this season right after that one. It probably only takes 3 weeks to film an entire "season".
Old 08-11-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
OR they filmed this season right after that one. It probably only takes 3 weeks to film an entire "season".
Yeah, I remember hearing they filmed these seasons back-to-back, or maybe it was even simultaneously. Or maybe he's got the same injury Cowboy Bob Orton had.
Old 08-12-10, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I finally got around to watching this. I noticed Holli's baby daddy was downgraded to "friend" status during dinner service. I guess Fox thought anything more was too weird when sandwiched in between clips of Jay saying how much he wanted to bang her.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.