Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-10, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

I don't have a big problem with it being the morph. Anyone who watches BB at all should know it's coming. If you don't study for it, then it's your own fault.

Look at two years ago, Dan and Memphis prepared hard for it. Keesha and Renny got drunk, and Renny went home b/c of it.

They do switch up competitions though. I was expecting True or False tonight with the three sided high wall. They've done that in final four the last few years (they screwed Sharon out of her place in the final 3 in season 9).
Old 09-02-10, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Anyone who watches BB at all should know it's coming.
Expect the Expected.
Old 09-02-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I don't have a big problem with it being the morph. Anyone who watches BB at all should know it's coming. If you don't study for it, then it's your own fault.

Look at two years ago, Dan and Memphis prepared hard for it. Keesha and Renny got drunk, and Renny went home b/c of it.

They do switch up competitions though. I was expecting True or False tonight with the three sided high wall. They've done that in final four the last few years (they screwed Sharon out of her place in the final 3 in season 9).
Good lord, who are all of these people you are talking about? Do you take copious notes, or are you some sort of reality savant?
Old 09-03-10, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Good lord, who are all of these people you are talking about? Do you take copious notes, or are you some sort of reality savant?
Well, my reality savant memory is the reason why I don't think Russell is anywhere near the top five in Survivor history.
Old 09-03-10, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, my reality savant memory is the reason why I don't think Russell is anywhere near the top five in Survivor history.
And there goes the thread!
Old 09-03-10, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Britney has a NICE ASS.
Old 09-03-10, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saved!
Old 09-03-10, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also think Russell Hantz would be awesome on Big Brother!

Wait...what are we talking about?
Old 09-04-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hayden has won every single competition he needed to. The countdown to Britney's elimination has begun. Since they usually do the final four veto ceremony live I wonder if/when Hayden will give her the heads up that she's going.

I think we have our BB winner.
Old 09-04-10, 10:15 PM

Yesterday: Hayden nominated Lane and Britney for eviction.
Today (around 10:45PM): HAYDEN WINS POV

So, it'll be either a Brigade Final 3 (no change to nominees; Britney is gone) or Hayden could use this chance to backdoor Enzo because everybody feels he has a Jury House stacked with votes for him (Brendon, Rachel, Matt?). It hasn't been a season of surprises though, so more than likely Brit is gone as of Thursday. The question is will the Brigade out itself now that they're pretty much a lock for Final 3.

Hayden, incidentally, now has to win the Final 3 challenges or he'll be thrown out for fear his gameplay will earn him the $500K in Final 2. I could totally see Enzo or Lane throwing Hayden out of F2 if either one wins the Final 3 challenge. I think it's safe to say that, regardless of who's evicted and who wins the challenges, Lane is almost a lock for a minimum $50K 2nd place prize.

Last edited by dad1153; 09-04-10 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-05-10, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll miss watching Britney.

I won't miss hearing Britney.
Old 09-05-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I would be very unhappy if Enzo wins this game...what has he contributed to the game besides talking about the brigade?
Old 09-05-10, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I would be very unhappy if Enzo wins this game...what has he contributed to the game besides talking about the brigade?
"I played the greatest social game in Big Brother history, Yo"

The Brigade finally came out a little over an hour into AD last night. It started as a convo between Enzo, Lane, and Britney about alliances (Hayden was in DR). Britney played along for awhile like she knew, but she was starting to get a little shaken by the time Hayden got up there.

Hayden was irritated that they did it without him, and he mentioned to Britney that's he's not using the veto (assuming the other guys had already covered it). Britney left in tears.

When I read what was going on I actually watched some of AD for the first time in over a week. That should be the end of the AD watching for the year. The guys are dull and will be bragging the rest of the week. I guess it depends on if part one of the final HOH goes into AD this year.
Old 09-05-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I may watch that, thanks mwbmis. I haven't watched in a couple weeks, other than a quick 5 minute fast forward through the 3 hours to see if anything has changed.

I haven't seen every season, probably half, but this is the absolute worst season I have seen. Where would those of you that have seen every season rank it?

Last edited by dino88; 09-05-10 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-05-10, 12:22 PM

I've seen all of BB and the feeds since season 3. People give 9 (winter) shit but that blows this away as it's probably the worst. For me it's been pretty bad since season 8. I wouldn't mind another all-stars next year.
Old 09-05-10, 12:58 PM

I hope that Dr. Will is allowed to interview HG's in the BBH backyard after the finale show on the internet feeds (like he did last year) and tells the BG members to their face what Will and others have been saying for a while now: this is the most boring BB cast ever. They won't believe it (and two of them with money in their pockets won't give a damn) but at least it'll be a first taste or reality outside their self-made bubble of popularity; then the rest of the real world will catch up with them.
Old 09-05-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
I may watch that, thanks mwbmis. I haven't watched in a couple weeks, other than a quick 5 minute fast forward through the 3 hours to see if anything has changed.

I haven't seen every seen, probably half, but this is the absolute worst season I have seen. Where would those of you that have seen every season rank it?
It's not better than any of 2-6 (the Shapiro years).

Season seven had Will which automatically makes it better.

Season Eight was rigged, but there were interesting characters. That was the first season for AD. I was unemployed that summer, and there were a lot of funny moments that season.

Season 9 was more interesting per se but also a lot more distasteful. The winner turned out to be a complete and total scumbag, and he was one of the more likeable people in the house.

Season 10 had Dan. He's the second best BB player ever.

Season 11 was louder and filled with quite a few borderline personality types. If they kept going down that road it was only a matter of time before we had a physical confrontation of some sort. In fact with the boring nature of this year's cast I expect there will be a fight of some kind next summer (if it's not an All-Star season).

I will say that there are more gamers in this year's cast. I won't be embarassed by the winner this year. Jordan may have been mostly nice, but she was in no way shape or form a gamer; she didn't really have a clue more than half the time. Of the two of them, Natalie deserved to win, but she was repugnant so I didn't care if she lost. Every one of the final three this year has been playing in some form or another since week one.
Old 09-05-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

It seems like people always think the current cast is the most boring ever. Probably because sitting around watching bored people be bored is inherently dull.

If Britney's smart, she'll get Hayden alone & try to work this small crack in the Brigade before she's voted out. He's already figured out that neither Lane or Enzo want to take him to the final two. If she can keep her head in the game & work that paranoia, she might have a small shot.
Old 09-05-10, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eddie W
It seems like people always think the current cast is the most boring ever. Probably because sitting around watching bored people be bored is inherently dull.
QFT. There's a reason they can boil down three or four days of real time in the house into about 20 or 30 minutes of content for an episode...and half of that is a competition.
Old 09-05-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
There's a reason they can boil down three or four days of real time in the house into about 20 or 30 minutes of content for an episode...and half of that is a competition.
Yeah, although I think this time the show-only viewers aren't really missing out on things that they may have missed out on in past seasons. The only thing they're missing out on this year is what a bunch of assholes all the houseguests really are (the story of many seasons).
Old 09-05-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Eddie W
It seems like people always think the current cast is the most boring ever. Probably because sitting around watching bored people be bored is inherently dull
This year "the people" are right. While I agree that giving them nothing to do or making half the cast into zombies from slop each week has never made sense to me, but this year has been a total snooze.

If Britney hadn't lasted this long, I wouldn't be watching. I still think her "bitchiness" is greatly exaggerated, but I won't even be dvr-ing (?) tonight's show.

Last season, I was tired at home and at work from all the time I spent watching the feeds.
Old 09-05-10, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

The funny thing is that this bunch constantly pats themselves on the back for how well they get along, -except for Brendan and Rachel, of course, for whom they cannot find enough bad things to say, -which is why they're so damned boring.

Frankly, I watch AfterDark to see something happening, -and I've skipped through more of this season's eps than any other previous season. The Brigade did play a good game, but their game-play kept such a lid on things that its been deadly dull to watch. The key problem for me was that while Matt played a respectable game, I immediately found him obnoxious with the "Super-Genius" thing, and the only real antagonist was Rachel and try as I would to find something about her to like, it was just damned near impossible. I just don't care who wins.

I was amused by last night's AD because I did catch the big "reveal", -though, of course, there was a commercial at the key moment and we joined Britney's breakdown in progress. The guys figure the veiwers are really digging the fact that they're going to be the final three and people will tune in just to watch them busting balls and having fun. They're basing things on the audience reaction on Thursdays, where they figure Matt got the most applause of anyone (though they admit Ragan got more than Matt).

Last edited by DWilson; 09-05-10 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-05-10, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
Yeah, although I think this time the show-only viewers aren't really missing out on things that they may have missed out on in past seasons. The only thing they're missing out on this year is what a bunch of assholes all the houseguests really are (the story of many seasons).
The one thing that isn't coming over on the show as well as it should is how well Hayden is playing. Enzo is "funny". Lane is the big dumb goof. Hayden is the guy who shouts at the camera in the DR.

We'll see just how much this Britney thing hurts him. Strangely, he's taking the lion's share of the blame for the lying (you would think it would be Lane), but for whatever reason Britney really trusted Hayden.
Old 09-05-10, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What right does Britney have to cry and whine? She accomplished her only goal in the game, to get out the awful human beings that make up the Brenchel team. Now she needs to shut up and get to the jury house.
Old 09-05-10, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Apparently earlier today she went to the BY and talked to her Mom and the live feeders. She recognized that others went earlier and in worse ways (and she didn't care) so she is going to try to make the best of the rest of the week.

She won $10K (presumably in something we haven't seen yet) so she's walking away with something.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.