Search this Thread

Old 06-07-10, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Lie to Me (Tim Roth) -- Season 2 Continued Thread -- Returns 06/07/10

Lie to Me season 2

Synopsis for Beat the Devil:

Spoiler:
Cal suspects that a charming psychology graduate student is a murderous psychopath, but the young man's teacher (who has a history with Cal) is protecting him. Meanwhile, Loker and Torres probe a claim by a teacher (Howard Hesseman) that he saw a UFO .

Episode 11 of 22

And yes, this was renewed for a 3rd season. Shawn Ryan left the show after completing production to work on his new show Ride-Along.

There is no air date yet, but the episode called "Pied Piper" will feature a mini-The Shield cast reunion with:
Benito Martinez
Catherine Dent
Kenny Johnson
David Marciano
David Rees Snell
Cathy Cahlin Ryan

I know this show is By-the Numbers formulaic as they come and there isn't alot to talk about, but Roth is so good in it. I liked the 1st 10 episodes of this alot. Looking forward to the remaining 12 for the summer.
Old 06-07-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Lie to Me (Tim Roth) -- Season 2 Continued Thread -- Returns 06/07/10

I really think FOX would be served best by leaving this show to air in the "gaps" when no network is showing new programming. It's nothing special, but I still enjoy it when there's nothing else new on.
Old 06-07-10, 08:30 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I too am looking forward to its return. Nothing groundbreaking about it, but entertaining nonetheless.
Old 06-07-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

There going to be 3 months of new episodes (12 eps) and then the show will probably take a 2-3 week break and then season 3 will premiere. I think they would have been better off making season 3 midseason. But at least fans won't forget about the show.
Old 06-07-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to it.
Old 06-08-10, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, this show feels like it should be ran on the same schedule as USA shows. Still, I enjoy it for what it is.
Old 06-08-10, 07:08 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

crap - forgot this was on last night. Guess I'm gonna have to go and hunt it down and watch it online.

I'm another who thinks this show is somewhat formulaic, but it is still very entertaining. I really enjoyed the first episodes in the first half of the season, particularly the one with Lennie James in, as well as he one set in Afghanistan and the one right before it took a break.

+1 for thinking Tim Roth is awesome in this show and glad it got picked up fr a 3rd season
Old 06-08-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Last night's ep ... I think we always knew that Logan Echols was a psyhopath ....
Old 06-08-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by silentbob007
Last night's ep ... I think we always knew that Logan Echols was a psyhopath ....
I liked it. It felt like a short and dumbed down version of Dexter sometimes, which I didn't mind. I think the whole "psychopath" thing really needs more time to grow then just the 45 minutes. The episode seemed very rushed. Next weeks look ok, but I hope this "Cal gets kidnapped" thing doesn't be come regular...
Old 06-08-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
crap - forgot this was on last night. Guess I'm gonna have to go and hunt it down and watch it online.

I'm another who thinks this show is somewhat formulaic, but it is still very entertaining. I really enjoyed the first episodes in the first half of the season, particularly the one with Lennie James in, as well as he one set in Afghanistan and the one right before it took a break.

+1 for thinking Tim Roth is awesome in this show and glad it got picked up fr a 3rd season
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/XUKjVzjjZ4NJHxCtob0kDA"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/XUKjVzjjZ4NJHxCtob0kDA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 06-08-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Tim Roth is awesome in this show and glad it got picked up for a 3rd season
Old 06-09-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

It was an entertaining episode. Had some good guest stars....Jason Dohring, Howard Hesseman and Glenn Morshower from 24.

I have to agree that it felt very rushed. Dohring was good playing the psychopath, but I didn't believe for one second that he had some kind of sexual relationship with that Professor. Didn't see or feel any connection between them. I think they had a missed opportunity with his character meeting Torres in that Coffee shop and him asking her out. Instead he just says..."I know your boss" and that ended that whole scene. This could have been either a 90 minute episode or a 2 parter. It was wrapped up way too nicely. But, overall I was entertained and it's good to have this back.
Old 06-28-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Tonight's episode:

React to Contact:

Spoiler:
Lightman and the team use cutting-edge science and virtual-reality technology to save the life of an Iraq war veteran and his family. In doing so, Lightman confronts unsettling truths about his own past.

The Special Guest Star is Enver Gjokaj, who some of you probably remember from Dollhouse.

Also, if you watched The Unit, Max Martini (Mack) and Michael Irby (Betty Blue) guest star.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-28-10 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-30-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've now got the last 3 episodes sitting on my DVR after forgetting about the first one June 7th. I'm debating whether to watch them or just give up on the show.
Old 06-30-10, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The latest episode was pretty good. I liked how Lightman wasn't in some kind of peril again like the first two episodes.
Old 06-30-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I've now got the last 3 episodes sitting on my DVR after forgetting about the first one June 7th. I'm debating whether to watch them or just give up on the show.
Are you debating because your afraid of being lost? The show is 100% procedural. All the plots are standalone. I say just watch it. If your bored, it will keep you entertained.
Old 07-08-10, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
Are you debating because your afraid of being lost? The show is 100% procedural. All the plots are standalone. I say just watch it. If your bored, it will keep you entertained.
No, I'm debating because I do not know the fate of the show. Has it been renewed?
Old 07-08-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
No, I'm debating because I do not know the fate of the show. Has it been renewed?
Yes, it was renewed in the up fronts. I guess you were assuming FOX was burning these off?

Season 3 starts in September right after Season 2 ends.
Old 07-12-10, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk God

New episode

"Teacher and Pupils"

Spoiler:
After the grisly shooting of an officer in a federal housing project, the D.C. police hire Lightman to read the face of the paralyzed victim, who can move only his eyes.

Read more: Listings - LIE TO ME on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz0tSaEih4u

Melissa George, who was in an episode a few weeks ago, guest stars as the same character again.

Michael Beach (Third Watch) also guest stars
Old 07-15-10, 05:59 AM

Another solid episode which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Personally, with me being British I find Lightman's one liners and attitude towards absolutely anyone, whether they work for him or against him or even with him, particularly entertaining and I think adds to his character in some way.

His attitude and the way he spoke to the financial guys in the "meeting" had me laughing, but not at the joke, but the way he handled the situation.

I'm glad that the show got renewed for a 3rd season, although it's a shame that it won't start til later in the season, but I'd rather get a straight run instead of having episodes strewn all over the place because of the World Series.
Old 07-15-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm glad that the show got renewed for a 3rd season, although it's a shame that it won't start til later in the season, but I'd rather get a straight run instead of having episodes strewn all over the place because of the World Series.
My prediction is that it'll run through January until the standard new post-break programming returns. At which point FOX will pull it until summer like it did this past year.
Old 07-15-10, 10:15 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
My prediction is that it'll run through January until the standard new post-break programming returns. At which point FOX will pull it until summer like it did this past year.
That is a likely scenario. FOX will air 6-8 episodes and then air the remaining ones 6 months later (I think season 3 was only a 13 episode order).

Anyway, I continue to enjoy this show -- looking forward to 'The Shield' episode.
Old 07-15-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

It premieres November 10th, which is after the World Series. With 13 episodes, it should run at least 4-5 episodes before the normal Holiday break.

However, According to FOX's initial midseason schedule,

http://www.fox.com/programming/fox11.php

Raising Hope/30 minute Idol results show and Glee will take over Wednesday's and Lie to Me is nowhere to be found.
Old 07-22-10, 08:27 AM

Maybe they are going to see what kind of figures it pulls in during the opening 4 or 5 episodes before the holiday break? Although more than likely it might get moved to a 10pm slot on either Monday or Wednesdays.

Anyway, another decent episode on Monday night I thought. I honestly think this is one of the more consistent shows currently airing and hope that it carries over into the next season to prevent it from any possibilities of cancellation.
Old 07-22-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyway, another decent episode on Monday night I thought. I honestly think this is one of the more consistent shows currently airing and hope that it carries over into the next season to prevent it from any possibilities of cancellation.
The DC DMV scene made me laugh. Our driving test is basically driving around a city block. It is NOT a sweet brick building out in a pastoral setting at ALL.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.