Search this Thread

Old 05-20-10, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
FlashForward -- "Countdown" -- 05/20/10

Flash Forward

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Mark continues his interrogation of Hellinger in a desperate attempt to find out when the next blackout will occur; Demetri must choose between helping Janis and Simon break into NLAP to stop the blackout from occurring, or turning the fugitive Simon in to the FBI; Lloyd finds the common denominator that can help him solve the complex equation he was working on in his flashforward; while Tracy fights for her life, Aaron discovers why Jericho was after her; and Nicole wrestles over her strong feelings for Bryce and what would happen if she told him she knew the whereabouts of Keiko.

Next week is the Series Finale.

I know most of you in this forum don't care about this show anymore, especially now that it has been officially cancelled. But, I'm actually a little disappointed now. As I said last week, I thought the 2nd half of this season was actually quite good.

Zachary Knighton (Bryce or Cancer Doctor) will be in the new ABC show Happy Endings with Elisha Cuthbert next season

Christine Woods (Janis) will be on the new NBC show Perfect Couples in the Fall.

I posted trailers for both of these shows in their respective upfront threads.
Old 05-20-10, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: FlashForward -- "Countdown" -- 05/20/10

I'm still finishing it up. I'm about three shows behind which is why I haven't been participating in these threads. But I don't find it awful--just not as compelling as some other shows on right now which is why I haven't caught up yet.
Old 05-20-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some reason I'm sad they canceled this show.

Were they able to film a proper ending?
Old 05-20-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this week was the finale. Guess I'll catch it on Hulu then since the cable boxes are going back to Cox first thing Monday morning since Lost'll be over.
Old 05-20-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
I know most of you in this forum don't care about this show anymore, especially now that it has been officially cancelled. But, I'm actually a little disappointed now. As I said last week, I thought the 2nd half of this season was actually quite good.

Zachary Knighton (Bryce or Cancer Doctor) will be in the new ABC show Happy Endings with Elisha Cuthbert next season
I'm actually more upset that Elisha Cuthbert is coming to primetime again - regardless of how briefly it may be.
Old 05-20-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
For some reason I'm sad they canceled this show.

Were they able to film a proper ending?
Jack Davenport (Simcoe) said in a interview I read that for the most part they wrapped up alot of the storylines, but still left some hanging in case they got a 2nd season.
Old 05-20-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

6:50pm on April 29th and it's pitch black in Los Angeles?
Old 05-20-10, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Was it good? I'm waiting for my wife to watch this and Fringe.
Old 05-21-10, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought it was very bland; basically they had everything change from the flash forward and yet it really had little impact on me.

I do find it funny how networks advertise shows that have been canceled with a "Season Finale" promo.
Old 05-21-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanca
I thought it was very bland; basically they had everything change from the flash forward and yet it really had little impact on me.
well, the flash forward hasn't actually happened yet in their time line. that's the finale episode.
Old 05-21-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well a few have already been changed; Beard dude's daughter died, Gabrielle Union isn't going to be on a beach with Demetri's family, Olivia is not going to be home, etc.

Of course they'll keep the whole Jericho break in bit but honestly, it has been pretty bad how this show's plot has evolved.
Old 05-21-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good grief. Everything that Mark ended up doing was just ridiculous. What kind of moron who's been studying this stuff for months doesn't recognize that he's charging directly into predicted disaster? The icing on the cake was the dude who handed him the flask which he cackles at before chugging. Really? REALLY?
Old 05-21-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I feel like a broken record in these thread but the Father trying (finding) to find his daughter is the worst part of this show but it gets so much airtime. I like everything else about this show.

I'm still confused on how Mark's daughter overheard a conversation saying her father was dead but he clearly wasn't dead in his FF.

Istill think Janis will still end up at the doctor, Mark will be in his office obviously, army daughter will still be alive (ugh), Penny will be at the house, stupid boring guy will end up with Keiko, and Nicole will be in a water situation next week.
Old 05-21-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Timber
I'm still confused on how Mark's daughter overheard a conversation saying her father was dead but he clearly wasn't dead in his FF.
Is this really so hard to piece together? Someone orders a hit on Mark and then reports to his contact that the job is done before the confirmation is actually made.

Mark didn't die in his flashforward and Charlie only heard something second-hand. It doesn't mean he was actually dead or was even going to be dead.
Old 05-22-10, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm sorry this show got cancelled because I thought it got better after it came back from hiatus. I'm not surprised it was cancelled though, given the low ratings. For the most part I liked the show, but I never liked the story about the father searching for his daughter, and Mark drinking from a stanger's flask was ridiculous and gross.
Old 05-22-10, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were Mark, I would head for the nearest hotel room and sleep it off, so he doesnt get KILLED!

Smarten up, buddy.
Old 05-23-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark drinking= Fail

It was so random, he just went into a complete downward spiral after that asshole in the interrogation room said some bad shit. I'm kinda happy Tracy is dead, I was really getting sick of that sub plot. Hopefully the finale is a step up from this one, it was pretty weak. I've enjoyed the show, but I'm glad to see it being wrapped up, it would have gotten boring and tedious during the second season.
Old 05-24-10, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mark is such an idiot it's ridiculous. At every turn he has a chance to avoid his fate, but he always has to take the path towards his drunken divorced (possible) death.