Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost and 24 Both Ending for Good: Which Will You Miss Most?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which Will You Miss Most?
Lost
57.38%
34.43%
Both About the Same
8.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Lost and 24 Both Ending for Good: Which Will You Miss Most?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-10, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
Re: Lost and 24 Both Ending for Good: Which Will You Miss Most?

24, and I'd say the same thing if someone were to put a gun to my head and attempt to convince me to say otherwise.
Old 05-19-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Its been the stronger show lately.

2. With Lost, six years feels like a good time to wrap up the story. But I would still like to see Jack Bauer kick ass for a few more years.
Old 05-19-10, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked the first half of season 1 of 24. Season 2 was a joke and I hated its cheap ending. So I never watched 24 after that.

Lost I've watched faithfully since the start and have stuck with it through all its twists and turns. Overall, it's just an above average show that I like, but don't love. But it has its moments of brilliance. That brilliance, plus the fact I was willing to stick with the show over all these years, is the reason I vote for Lost.
Old 05-19-10, 02:37 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lost. Yeah, 24 has finally gotten around to delivering the goods in its final hours, but the first 2/3 of the season was so bad I actually quit watching. I only decided to catch up and finish it out when I found out it was ending. I'd rather have a dozen "What Kate Does" or "Across the Sea" so-so Lost episodes over the ridiculous Vladimir and Dana side stories, or the mind-numbingly dull President Hassan filler stories right after
Spoiler:
the first assassination attempt

Oh, and Nikki & Paulo have nothing on the awfulness that was Graem & Philip Bauer.
Old 05-19-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

LOST. I liked the first season of 24, but barely made it through season three and haven't watched a single episode since.
Old 05-19-10, 02:45 PM

Won't miss either one; I'll go with LOST, though...and it isn't even close.
Old 05-19-10, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Honestly, I'm pretty happy both of these series are ending. I won't really miss either of them.
This
Old 05-19-10, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

only because it's my fav show of all time
Old 05-19-10, 11:24 PM

Honestly, neither. But if forced to pick I would say Lost only because I enjoy Michael Giacchino's scores.
Old 05-20-10, 02:57 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tough question! These are my top two favorite shows since they began and I've seen every episode of both series.

I guess I'll pick LOST because it has more characters I care about and will miss seeing when January 2011 rolls around.
Old 05-20-10, 03:00 AM

With 24 going the way it's going and Lost going the way it's going...

24, easily.
Old 05-20-10, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going with Lost, because I don't think we'll get to see another show like that on TV for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I love 24 and watched it from day 1. But there will always be action shows, not as good as 24 maybe, but it's not the most unique show. Plus, 24 is moving to the big screen, so we haven't seen the end of the franchise.

That being said, I'll miss Jack Bauer more than any Lost character hands down. If Jack had been on the island the show would have been over in 24 episodes. In the end he would have tortured Ben and found out all his info, blown up the hatch himself, traversed the island in 5 minutes (like he could get across LA), kill the others, find Jacob, torture him, find out the rules, yell "Dammit, we're running out of time", and strangle smokey with his legs, crushing him so hard he manages to turn him back into a solid state.

tick tock tick tock
LOST
Old 05-23-10, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Now that Lost is about to end tonight, I still say 24. Will revisit after both are over...
Old 05-23-10, 11:11 PM

24 not even close
Old 05-24-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I voted "both about the same" because I've never seen either show.

Rob
Old 05-25-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lost, definitely. It's held my attention for the entire run.

On the other hand, 24 hasn't been really good in a few seasons. It became the same old formula. I gave up on it this season after 3 episodes.
Old 05-25-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

24 by miles and miles.

Lost, ugh.
Old 05-25-10, 01:08 AM

No doubt 24!
Old 05-25-10, 06:39 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

I could never enjoy 24. I gave up midway through season 1.
Old 05-25-10, 12:35 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Now that I've seen both, I'll say 24 for sure. It was time for Lost to end, and though I liked the finale, it was not all that satisfying.

Loved the 24 finale, and it's going to be cold in January 2011 without 24...
Old 05-25-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another vote for 24. Can't wait to watch the series finale tonight.
Old 05-25-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Assuming that 24 and Lost were the top dramas you watched, what shows are going to be at the top of your list right now? I'm talking about shows for which you will have similar passion as you've had for Lost and 24.

For me, I'd have to say Breaking Bad and Dexter. Unfortunately, those are both shows with short seasons and don't generate near as many forum posts. Maybe after those I would put Supernatural and Smallville.
Old 05-25-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

LOST

If people say that LOST sucked this last season then they must forget that 24 has been terrible the last 3 seasons.
Old 05-25-10, 02:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

24 Movie Idea:

How about Jack Bauer winds up on the Island? While on the lam, he gets work as a seaman on a deep charter fishing boat Pacific. During a monstrous typhoon, the boat veers off course and crashes onto the Island. In the first hour, he squares off v Ben/Hurley does some lite time travel and fight some Egyptians, the occasional polar bear, and in one scene shoots off the island in time try to prevent the JFK assassination, but somehow gets implicated with LHO. Chloe comes in the last 45 mins of the movie on a Sub and fires up one of the old Dharma stations, gets a weak signal but manages to get the thing working, but it only plays Pong. Jack's daughter is on the sub with Chloe as she has spent forever trying to find her Father, but she is 8 mos pregnant and the baby is instantly in distress as they land on the Island.

Jack hops over to one of the old Dharma stations and time travels off-island to get Tony Almeida from Season 3 to come back and assist with security issues plaguing the Island, but somehow awakens a comatose Season 8 Logan who find his way back to the time travel portal and enters the Island with Tony and Jack. Logan seduces Ben into thinking the Island should be his, and Hurley is forced to put Ben in a cage for awhile. Meanwhile Logan runs amuck on the Island and finds a mystical stream. He stumbles down in search of the magical light and transforms into a cloud of smoke. Realizing his newfound power, he seeks to destroy Bauer. Tony Almeida who had come through the time loop intact, is now sacrificed by Logan and now MIB Logan is occupying the body of Almeida. Knowing there is a disturbance in the force Hurley summons the only person who can kill MIB Almeida/Logan before MIB Almeida/Logan kills Jack Bauer who has been chosen to be the next protector of the Island, he sends for Season 2 Michelle. Season 2 Michelle is instructed by Ben to Kill Almeida with a special knife before he speaks to her, because Almeida is now Logan. But Michelle is unsure where she is and goes insane, Hurley is now attracted to her making it an awkward situation and a poorly constructed subplot with some leftover Dharma food and a candle wax love scene.

Bauer finally figures out that the Island is not what it appeared to be, and looks to get off for good on the Sub with Chloe and Pregnant Kim, before he can plan his escape, Hurley appears and pleads with Jack to take over for him, Jack says screw you.

Hurley can only do one thing and that is to summon Season 1 President Palmer. Season 1 Palmer appears and Jack realizes he now must save the Island, and will be Hurley's Successor, but MIB Logan gets wind of this, and ditches Almeida's skin and kills Palmer. He inhabits Palmer's skin and just as he is about to raise the caboom on Jack, Walt appears and confuses both Hurley, Jack and MIB Logan/Palmer. Walt summons the only person who he can think of that can thwart MIB Logan/Palmer and that is Season 1 Nina Meyers. Nina Meyers agrees to come back, but only if she can be #2 to Jack's #1, something she has always longed for. Jack hesitantly agrees and they have a very quick love scene

Finally, Chloe is able to get the transmission working in the Dharma station and can only communicate with a dead Jack Shepherd. Jack S tells her to make her way to the middle of the stream, and find a person who can possesses the magnetism to take the stone out of the magical stream and shut it down, there will be small a window where the Island will collapse and the earth will soon follow, MIB Logan/Palmer will be vulnerable then, that's when Jack Bauer can kill him. Chloe says wtf!? but Jack Shepherd summons Season 5s Edgar Stiles to talk Chloe down and Chloe now realizes she what she needs to do.
She needs to convince Jack to summon Season 1 CTU director George Mason who's death by radiation leaves him with Unique properties for this Island. Mason appears, agrees to move the Rock and now while the earth is shaking Nina Meyers in a Huge Twist Kills Logan, then stabs Jack twice as she races back to the island Stream Rock.

Hurley confused as hell, rushes to Jack's side, Jack signals to Chloe to get the hell off the island in the Sub with Kim, but she will not listen.

As Nina is about to re-set the stone and become the new MIB, Vincent appears, takes out Nina, dives into the new magical stream after it resets and Vince becomes the new DIG. But DIG Vincent and Hurley are copacetic and exist peacefully on the Island for a long time Hurley now realizes Jack is not the man for the job, and allows Jack, Chloe and Pregnant Kim to exit via the sub. Nina is dead, Palmer is Dead, Almeida is Dead. Hurley asks for Michelle to stay on, she agrees and Ben Hurley and Michelle stay on the Island.
Meanwhile at the closing credits, we realize Walt has snuck onto the sub, but is it Walt, or is it Logan in Walts body?

Scene
End
'24' Lost Hours
The Movie
Old 05-25-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
LOST

If people say that LOST sucked this last season then they must forget that 24 has been terrible the last 3 seasons.
Lost has actually pretty much sucked since season five. The entire fifth season was one large laughable macguffin. And the final season was bad.

24's sixth season was abysmal. Worse than any season of Lost, by far. But 24's 7th was awesome. As goes for the 2nd half of this season.

Winner = 24.

Opinions, opinions.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.