Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ABC Announces new Fall Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,441 Likes on 981 Posts
Re: ABC Announces new Fall Schedule

No Ordinary Family could be good, but I fucking hate Julie Benz. With a passion.
Old 05-18-10, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,997 Likes on 2,848 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
No Ordinary Family could be good, but I fucking hate Julie Benz. With a passion.
Hey you gotta try it at least for Vic Mackey?
Old 05-18-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Could be The Shield...could be Daddio.

I like Benz and Chiklis and will give it a shot, more for Berlanti than for them honestly.
Old 05-18-10, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,997 Likes on 2,848 Posts

Now that I have viewed all the trailers, here are my thoughts:

Better Together: Like Joanna Garcia & Jennifer Finnigan. Could be funny, but I hate most single camera sitcoms with laugh tracks

Body of Proof: Like Dana Delany, so I will try this for sure. Timeslot sucks though.

Detroit 187: Will try at least the Pilot, but there is too many damn cop shows and the cast doesn't impress me.

Happy Endings: Looks like it could be funny. Maybe.

Mr. Sunshine: The trailer actually looked good. Like Perry, Anders and Allison Janney.

My Generation: Pass

No Ordinary Family: This one looks like a standout. The live action version of the Incredibles. Looking forward to it.

Off the Map: It's a Shonda show and looks different compared to Grey's and Private Practice being set in the Amazon. The cast is very weak though.

Secret Millionaire: Pass

The Whole Truth: Don't like Rob Morrow and Joely Richardson just quit the show, so Pass.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-19-10 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-18-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,441 Likes on 981 Posts

Chiklis is the only reason I will watch it. Well that and it seems like a comic type show, which I like.
Old 05-18-10, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, she is. Did u watch the trailer yet? OMG, she's smoking hot!
Yeah, she does look pretty great, as does the show! It's cool to see Schlamme port over a bunch of Sorkin regulars to the show (Perry, Janney, Nate Torrance and James Lesure)

No Ordinary Family looks a little iffy after watching the trailer, although Romany Malco and Jimmy Bennett look pretty good in it. I'll be tuning in.
Old 05-18-10, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice to see Jennifer Finnegan back on TV. It's funny, but the guy playing her boyfriend on this show was also her love interest on the old NBC show Committed.

I'd put ABC in between NBC and FOX in terms of their new shows. I saw some interesting stuff on NBC, and FOX didn't really offer me much I found interesting. ABC has some interesting stuff, but what looks like some crap as well.
Old 05-18-10, 09:56 PM

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,310 Posts

Couldn't ABC, subsidiary of Disney, get Pixar, partner of Disney, to just produce a weekly, hour-long series of The Incredibles instead of No Ordinary Family? Because I'm pretty sure that no matter how many episodes I watch of it, I'm going to wish I was watching The Incredibles instead.
Old 05-19-10, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by movieking
Now that CBS has canceled Old Christine, I hope ABC picks it up. That's a great, and very underrated, comedy.
Yeah, I really hope ABC picks it up, but it seems unlikely at this point. Old Christine is one of the few shows that can take tired sitcom cliches and use them in new and unique ways. I wish ABC would pick up Old Christine and get rid of Cougar Town, which is just awful.
Old 05-19-10, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 961 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
I'll be watching No Ordinary Family, but it strikes me initially as a live-action "The Incredibles". Even down to the best friend who's like Frozone.
No shit, watch the trailer again. Even the kitchen and family room sets are ripped right from the Incredibles.

Looks good though.
Old 05-20-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Lots of dramas!

"No Ordinary Family" - "The Incredibles" in live-action. I think i'm on board with this one.

"The Whole Truth" - Law show, meh.

"Mr Sunshine" - I have always liked Matthew Perry. Kinda lukewarm on this one, though. May give it a shot. Good to see Janney acting better after her LOST travesty.

"Better Together" - meh. The scenes with the parents were the only somewhat funny parts. Not sure that's enough to hold my interest.

"Body of Proof" - Miller High Life guy! Not enough for me to watch, though. CSI is already stretching the bounds of behind-the-scenes police work getting pushed to the forefront. Now we get a show strictly about an ME?

"My Generation" - Interesting premise. May be worth watching just to recap the past 10 years. Hopefully the documentary style doesn't get too annoying.

"Detroit 187" - Documentary style cop show, I guess? Will be interesting to see how that comes off.

"Secret Millionaire" - like "undercover boss"... which i watched for one episode and got bored with VERY quickly.

"Off the Map" - Add doctor dramas to law dramas in the category of shows i no longer care about.

"Happy Endings" - this had some laughs in the preview, but i would give it a shot solely because of Eliza Coupe. i LOVED her on Scrubs. I also liked Casey Wilson on SNL (was kinda bummed she left/was fired). And I had no idea Damon Wayans' son was almost 30!

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-20-10 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-20-10, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Off the Map: It's a Shonda show and looks different compared to Grey's and Private Practice being set in the Amazon. The cast is very weak though.
and not to mention pretty damn unattractive... I thought tv doctors were supposed to be hot?