In Plain Sight -- "No Clemency for Old Men" -- 05/05/10

Old 05-05-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,952 Likes on 1,427 Posts
In Plain Sight -- "No Clemency for Old Men" -- 05/05/10

In Plain Sight

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Mary helps a parolee and former bank robber stay on the straight and narrow and acclimate to life outside prison. Meanwhile, Marshall pitches in to help Mary with a witness, but the witness ends up preferring Marshall's help over Mary's.

I don't know how many of you have been watching IPS consistently this season, but I think it's been leaps and bounds better than last season.

Useless characters have been written out. More focus on the cases and the interplay between Mary and Marshall. Plus, some solid guest stars.

Fred Ward (Remo Williams) is tonight's guest star.

Promo for tonight's episode.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQvice3RYdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQvice3RYdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-06-10, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: In Plain Sight -- "No Clemency for Old Men" -- 05/05/10

I'm really enjoying this season a whole lot more than last year. Episode quality has been very consistent and the cases and guest stars have been entertaining.
Old 05-06-10, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't been as high on this season as some have been. I think most of the episodes have lacked a little as they've been working out where the show is heading. But this episode was great. Fred Ward was a great casting choice, and even the B-story with the woman at least made sense in the end.
Old 05-09-10, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I found both stories to be incomplete; it seemed like the episode contained just the setup for both stories.
Old 05-09-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, both stories felt a little undercooked, especially the B story with the writer. It also seemed odd that she was having an identity crisis as a writer, a profession where people routinely use pseudonyms to publish anyway.