Desperate Housewives -- "Epiphany" -- 4/25/10

Old 04-25-10, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Epiphany" -- 4/25/10

Desperate Housewives

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Flashbacks focusing on the Fairview Strangler show him intruding on Gaby and Carlos during an intimate moment, and being offered a job and dating advice by Bree. In addition, Susan is seen encouraging his interest in art, and Lynette shows him kindness.

Dana Delany has a new ABC Pilot being shot right now called "Body of Evidence" with Jeri Ryan that is being considered for the Fall. If it gets picked up, expect Katherine to be written out. I love Dana and she deserves better than the shit material the Desperate Housewives writers have given her character. I hope her Pilot gets picked up. I would like to see her carry her own show.
Old 04-26-10, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "Epiphany" -- 4/25/10

This was a really interesting show. I love how they tied the past in with what is happening now. It definately shed some light on what's been going on on Wisteria Lane with these murders and girls being strangled. It was actually very sad how his parents, particularly the actions of his mother, turned a sweet, innocent little boy into a killer. This doesn't look like it's going to end too well for Lynette and her family! The guy who plays this part is an amazing actor, by the way!
Old 04-26-10, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I do like how the writers manage to bring in Mary Alice at least once a season.

The flashback shows are usually the best with this show, as they bring back in old characters or at least get to see them as they were in the earlier seasons. The problem with this episode is that Eddie's age doesn't really fit in properly with the flashbacks thanks to the 5 years they skipped between seasons 4 and 5. Eddie was old enough to be in school with Danielle, which would mean he was a High School student before the 5 year skip. But then we see him as a fellow student with Lynette's twins, who were clearly not in High School before the skip.

I suppose you could just say he's been in college a long time, but that doesn't seem to be how they're playing it. I guess he would have to be over 21 while the twins are 18, so maybe they did factor in the gap, at least a little.
Old 04-26-10, 09:27 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

This week's episode was well-done -- exceeded my expectations. Dianne Farr plays a pretty good drunk.
Old 04-26-10, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson
This week's episode was well-done -- exceeded my expectations. Dianne Farr plays a pretty good drunk.
Yup. Pretty solid episode.
Old 04-26-10, 10:03 AM

I'm getting a little tired of the flashback shows. It's been done much too often and doesn't do much to advance the plot. The 100th episode was about the handyman Eli, then a few weeks afterwards they did the same thing for Edie's exit. When the plane crashed, they had a 'what if' episode, the same was done for Robin and now Eddie. A few of these examples weren't technically flashbacks ('what if' and possibly Robin, but they probably flashed back in that one as well), but they follow the same formula where the character of honor has a vignette with every housewife. That's 5 episodes in a little over a year.
Old 04-26-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
I'm getting a little tired of the flashback shows. It's been done much too often and doesn't do much to advance the plot. The 100th episode was about the handyman Eli, then a few weeks afterwards they did the same thing for Edie's exit. When the plane crashed, they had a 'what if' episode, the same was done for Robin and now Eddie. A few of these examples weren't technically flashbacks ('what if' and possibly Robin, but they probably flashed back in that one as well), but they follow the same formula where the character of honor has a vignette with every housewife. That's 5 episodes in a little over a year.
Though we did get insight into Danielle.
Old 04-26-10, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
The guy who plays this part is an amazing actor, by the way!
Actually, I thought the opposite while I was watching last night. Don't get me wrong, he's a good actor; but I think he played the part all wrong. His character is just too nice, too sympathetic, too warm and fuzzy for a serial killer. He should be colder, more dysfunctional, more "off". More Dexter.
Old 04-27-10, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good episode. I also like one of the quotes near the end...to paraphrase "It takes a monster to create a monster." Though I think it would have been better if we had known this character throughout the seasons rather than create some history about someone who was relatively new to the show.
Old 05-01-10, 07:50 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

excellent episode, surprised there isn't more discussion on it. The chick from Numbers who played the mother was great, they did a good job with the makeup
Old 05-01-10, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts

They do the flashback episodes very well.