Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/22/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
40.00%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
0%
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
10.00%
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)
0%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
20.00%
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
0%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
20.00%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
10.00%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/22/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-10, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/22/10

Originally Posted by Eddie W
Unless I missed something, I'm not sure how this was great gameplay on Parvati's part. She's now left with no immunity idols, a huge target on her back, and Russell doesn't trust her anymore.
The Heroes now have confirmation Russells word is useless so he can't go to them ,Sandra is chomping at the bits to get rid of Russell it's not like he has any other options then to stick with Parvati.

It was a great move on her part.
Old 04-23-10, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Setzer
Not gonna happen. As it stands right now, IF Russell makes it to then end, he won't get Courtney or Coach's vote and he's not going to get a single vote from the 5 heroes. Just like in Samoa, people got their feelings hurt and voted against him....its going to happen again. Watch and see.
Has nothing to do with peoples feelings being hurt they just don't like him personally . He has been described as someone who hides behind bushes trying to overhear peoples conversations. People think he is an antisocial creepy troll.

On top of that he can't play I am engineering everything card since he had absolutely no clue what his closest ally was doing yesterday and was in the dark just as much as the heroes that Parvati was about to bust out 2 HII's and send JT packing.
Old 04-24-10, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Has nothing to do with peoples feelings being hurt they just don't like him personally . He has been described as someone who hides behind bushes trying to overhear peoples conversations. People think he is an antisocial creepy troll.

On top of that he can't play I am engineering everything card since he had absolutely no clue what his closest ally was doing yesterday and was in the dark just as much as the heroes that Parvati was about to bust out 2 HII's and send JT packing.

Parv kept one of the HII's a secret from him. The other one he gave her and he knew she was gonna play it because he told her too. So to say Russell was completely clueless as to Parv playing the HII is false. Also, Parv was stupid enough to play both of the HII's when she only needed to play one and keep the other for herself to use later. I mean why the hell would you give one to Sandra to save her ass when she's not even with your alliance. She's on the outside and will flip in a heart beat.
Old 04-24-10, 02:17 AM

The Heroes now have confirmation Russells word is useless so he can't go to them ,Sandra is chomping at the bits to get rid of Russell it's not like he has any other options then to stick with Parvati.

It was a great move on her part.
No, it could very easily backfire. Sandra knows she's at the bottom of the totem pole in Russell's alliance so what reason is there for her to stick with them. Now she can play with the Heroes to get herself further in this game.
Old 04-24-10, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie W
Unless I missed something, I'm not sure how this was great gameplay on Parvati's part. She's now left with no immunity idols, a huge target on her back, and Russell doesn't trust her anymore. It seems she would have been better off giving just one to Jerri & risking Sandra, who doesn't have any loyalty to the remaining villians anyway. She could've saved face with Russell and used the 2nd idol later on when she herself was at risk.
Exactly. She didn't need to waste the 2nd idol on Sandra, who isn't even in her alliance. Sandra will most likely flip anyways giving the Heroes the advantage. She wants Russell gone.
Old 04-24-10, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She had no way of knowing whether the Heroes were voting Sandra or Jerri. She guesses wrong and gives one to Sandra and not Jerri and she or Russell could have been eliminated with the purple rock tiebreaker and we 100% would have an All Hero F5 .
Old 04-24-10, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, it could very easily backfire. Sandra knows she's at the bottom of the totem pole in Russell's alliance so what reason is there for her to stick with them. Now she can play with the Heroes to get herself further in this game.
The operative word is "could" backfire. If a villian had went Thursday the 4 remaining villians would have likely been the next 4 to go especially with the dynamics of the hero tribe.

Amanda had plans for a Colby,Amanda,Candice F3 but Rupert and Jt also believed Amanda was still on board with them .Essentially all the heroes within there tribe thought they had a lock solid path to the end so for the most part thats why Parvati's move was 100% essential for any of the villians to have a shot at victory.

Barring a 3-4 round immunity challenge run there was no path for a Russell,Parvati,Danielle ,Sandra or Jerri victory unless a hero went Thursday.
Old 04-24-10, 02:34 AM

Yeah, but why give a shit about Sandra? She's not part of your alliance. She wasted an idol and she could have saved face with Russell.
Old 04-24-10, 02:37 AM

Barring a 3-4 round immunity challenge run there was no path for a Russell,Parvati,Danielle ,Sandra or Jerri victory unless a hero went Thursday.
We'll see what happens next week but it wouldn't surprise me if Sandra joins up with the remaining heroes to take out Parv and Russell.
Old 04-24-10, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It wouldn't surprise me either but if Jerri had went Thursday the 5 hero's would not even need to worry about Sandra's vote and it would be a foregone conclusion that Parvati and Russells heads are on the chopping block.

Better to deal with a swing voter Sandra then with a guranteed tribe of 5 certain to come after you.
Old 04-24-10, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Whatever chance any of the Heroes had of winning just ended this week. They won't know what to do now that the only person on their tribe that was playing the game just left. They have absolutely no leadership and will most likely be picked off one by one.
Old 04-24-10, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

JT was playing just not very smart. For the heroes is people like Amanda,JT and Colby had people to do all the thinking for them in previous seasons and they probably would have had all had better chances if Tom or Cirie were around to help them match wits with the villians.
Old 04-24-10, 03:04 AM

It wouldn't surprise me either but if Jerri had went Thursday the 5 hero's would not even need to worry about Sandra's vote and it would be a foregone conclusion that Parvati and Russells heads are on the chopping block.

Better to deal with a swing voter Sandra then with a guranteed tribe of 5 certain to come after you.
Yeah but even if Parvati hadn't used her 2nd idol to protect Sandra and she had been voted out that night then they would still have 1 idol that the Heroes didn't know about. So even at a disadvantage of 5-4, they still would have been in a good position to take out the Heroes.
Old 04-24-10, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah but even if Parvati hadn't used her 2nd idol to protect Sandra and she had been voted out that night then they would still have 1 idol that the Heroes didn't know about. So even at a disadvantage of 5-4, they still would have been in a good position to take out the Heroes.
So she would have had to correctly guess at f9 which of the 4 or depending on who won the immunity challenge which of 3 villians they were directing the vote on.

Thats a heckuva lot more dicey then the position she is in now.
Old 04-24-10, 03:25 AM

Well with Amanda being as stupid as she is, it would have been easy.
Old 04-24-10, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

JT said in the interview here that the Heroes leaked that they were voting out Sandra but switched votes at the last minute. That's why Parvati gave the HII to Sandra and Jerri. She suspected it was a ruse but wasn't sure.
Old 04-24-10, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Russell got himself arrested.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/04/23...ted-lafayette/
Old 04-24-10, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by GMan2819
JT said in the interview here that the Heroes leaked that they were voting out Sandra but switched votes at the last minute. That's why Parvati gave the HII to Sandra and Jerri. She suspected it was a ruse but wasn't sure.
TVGuide.com: What were your thoughts going into Tribal Council? How likely did you think it was that you would be going home?

JT Thomas: I knew the Villains were going to vote for me; I knew I was their first target. So I knew there was a good chance that if things didn't work out in my favor, I was going home. I felt like it showed that I was a little more confident going into Tribal Council than I was. I didn't even know that the Heroes would all even vote together. I thought that Candice may betray me. I felt like she was really ready to get rid of me ever since I found the idol. I knew there was a good chance, but you're always shocked when you hear your name called out.
Old 04-24-10, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by LA Time interview with JT
On her Twitter account, Sugar (who was voted out first) said you two slept together pregame and you told her you'd stick together with her on Samoa. Is that true?

JT: I don’t know anything about that. I just want to talk about the game.
GO J.T.!!!!!
Old 04-24-10, 01:40 PM

Exactly - I think people so intensely dislike Russell, they feel the need to build up other plays.

Start with the immunity challenge... why not pretend to slowly lose and just look like you're getting beat by Danielle - this would keep the Heroes' vote on Parv and she would need to use only 1 idol (and Russell still would have given it to her as he didn't know about the 2nd idol). Instead she announces to the world "I have an idol so I'm just going to concede"... which causes her to play 2 idols Just by pretending to lose (instead of conceding), she would have kept all 5 villains around and they'd be in the same exact position, except Parv would still have another idol

Why tell Amanda about an idol at all and why do it BEFORE the immunity challenge? Again by doing this she turns the vote away from her (as the Heroes will be afraid of voting for someone with an idol) and this cause her to burn both idols... she also said this before knowing Danielle would win the immunity challenge. If Danielle didn't win then there would be 3 villains to protect with 2 idols. I assume she was making a play for Amanda's loyalty and it backfired...She could just as easily told Amanda AFTER the challenge and achieved the same result.

I can only see Parv trying to take the target off of her back and putting it on Russell's - but the problem with her play is she really only needed to play one idol for people to know Russell was lying. She essentially gave away a 2nd idol.... She's played a good game and I think her strategy is to turn the heat up on Russell in case anyone flips, but she didn't need to burn both idols to do it.
Old 04-24-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amanda is as dumb as a rock. Parv should have kept one idol. Them losing Sandra would have been just as good as JT going out, maybe better. Russell could have kept playing JT and Sandra will turn on the villains the first chance she gets.
Old 04-24-10, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Anyone else think her fake boobs look joined together?
Yes, they look odd but her ass more than makes up for it.
Old 04-24-10, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wirefan
Exactly - I think people so intensely dislike Russell, they feel the need to build up other plays.
I think the same goes for the people with a hard-on for Russell. The same people fawning over his idol-playing genius have been trying to downplay Parvati's moves because idols happened to fall in her lap.

I'm no Parvati fan, and I hate the idols with a passion, but Russell was just schooled by Parvati. He's really in over his head with her. I guarantee she's still in a much better place with people than Russell. Now she has Sandra, who already liked her, maybe a little bit more on her side than before. She also made a goodwill gesture with Jerri. Russell also has nowhere to go but back to her. Maybe he can go back to the Heroes' well of gullibility, but I doubt it.

The one thing I think may hurt Parvati is that she's developing that Russell-like megalomania. If the others get wind of that she'll become hated just like Russell.
Old 04-24-10, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by the big train
I'm no Parvati fan, and I hate the idols with a passion, but Russell was just schooled by Parvati. He's really in over his head with her. I guarantee she's still in a much better place with people than Russell. Now she has Sandra, who already liked her, maybe a little bit more on her side than before. She also made a goodwill gesture with Jerri. Russell also has nowhere to go but back to her. Maybe he can go back to the Heroes' well of gullibility, but I doubt it
Here we go again... the question is not whether she 'schooled' Russell, it's whether she made a smart play... as usual everything seems to get to a baseline of Russell vs "player x" ... maybe they both made bad moves? Did I say in my post where Russell was in a good place? Did anyone say this? Thinking she could have made a better play, again degenerates into a well she's better off than Russell... that's not the point... she could have been in an even better place...regardless of Russell's place.

Again if she keeps the vote on her, she burns one idol - only Danielle knows she has another.... the Villains have 5 to Heroes 4... at that point she has an idol and can either target another Hero, or even just turn on Russell (which would obviously get Sandra's vote).... and she'd still have an idol.... It wasn't about 'schooling'... it's about whether it was an unnecessary use of 2 idols to secure 1 vote.

Just so we're clear... Parvati's best play last week was to tell someone on the opposing tribe she has an idol, step down intentionally during the immunity challenge and use both idols in the one vote? This was the smartest move she could have made? This was her 'schooling' Russell?
Old 04-24-10, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by wirefan
Just so we're clear... Parvati's best play last week was to tell someone on the opposing tribe she has an idol, step down intentionally during the immunity challenge and use both idols in the one vote? This was the smartest move she could have made? This was her 'schooling' Russell?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.