Damages -- "All That Crap About Your Family" -- 04/05/10

Old 04-05-10, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Damages -- "All That Crap About Your Family" -- 04/05/10

Damages

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
After her star witness is arrested, Patty strikes an unusual deal; Arthur Frobisher reveals too much of his past.

2 more episodes left after tonight. Enjoy this while you can. I would not count on that rumored Directv deal happening.
Old 04-05-10, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Damages -- "All That Crap About Your Family" -- 04/05/10

The ending was pretty intense, but the Frobisher stuff needs to climax or stop. I wonder if they are adding this side story to keep Danson working?
Old 04-06-10, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

From the Frobisher filler to Patty's abrupt firing of Alex Benjamin, this was one wacko episode. Both Damages and the two hours of 24 made my TV night!

Ellen talking to David's ghost and the last few glances of Mama Tobin reassuring her son were great -- just loving the performances here.

Sad to see Malcolm offed. And with Uncle Pete also unavailable to do Patty's dirty work, I think it was a bit premature to let go Alex.

I have mixed feelings with the Frobisher side story. The re-enactment of the season 1 deposition at the table read was fun, but is this tongue-in-cheek storyline leading to a surprise ending for Frobisher or were the writers needing some time to kill here?
Old 04-06-10, 01:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intense episode. I was hoping like crazy that they wouldn't off Tessa. That absolutely solidified the Tobins as my most hated villains in anything I've watched in quite some time. Can't wait for the remaining two episodes and hopefully some major comeuppance for them.
Old 04-06-10, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Farley
Intense episode. I was hoping like crazy that they wouldn't off Tessa. That absolutely solidified the Tobins as my most hated villains in anything I've watched in quite some time. Can't wait for the remaining two episodes and hopefully some major comeuppance for them.
I agree. Even Lily got down in the dirt tonight. Initially I thought that Louis was on his own in stealing the money and his family was completely innocent, but those people will do anything for money.

The Tessa shooting got to me. Especially when they showed the gunshot wound through her head...twice.

I still can't understand why Patty is so infatuated with Ellen. Patty was upset with her like they were married or something.
Old 04-06-10, 01:27 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by skatefan20
The re-enactment of the season 1 deposition at the table read was fun, but is this tongue-in-cheek storyline leading to a surprise ending for Frobisher or were the writers needing some time to kill here?
I was just coming here to post that it seems to me when the writers started writing they must have gotten to a point when they realized they didn't have enough material to fill out a season with just the main story. The Frobisher story and the crap with Ellen's babysitter seem like they are just filler.

This show is starting to feel like to me like Nip/Tuck before it went off the rails.

I loved the guy playing Fisk, his impresion was dead on.
Old 04-06-10, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

The Frobisher stuff especially the second part in the car was an episode flow killer. To be honest, the end was what saved this episode for me. That and psycho unhinged Patty. I actually liked Ellen's hallucination with David. I feel sorry for the Leonard Winstone character. Sleazier character the DA Gates or Joe Tobin?

I did get a chuckle out of the season 1 reanactment like most of you. I love the Frobisher character but if they have nothing useful for him to do they should have just written him out. He wasting time at this point.