Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Chuck - "Chuck Versus The Other Guy" - 4/5/2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chuck - "Chuck Versus The Other Guy" - 4/5/2010

Chuck and Sarah finally getting together seemed a little anticlimatic even though I'm glad that its finally happened now.

VERY HAPPY that Morgan has now officially joined team Bartowski. Wonder what his code name will be. Griminator? Grimelock?
Old 04-05-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by tofu
Chuck and Sarah finally getting together seemed a little anticlimatic even though I'm glad that its finally happened now.
I thought it worked fine. I'm glad Chuck finally got to see The Eiffel Tower and nail Sarah.

I thought it was an excellent episode and a great end to Chuck 3.0. Can't wait to the end 6.

Why did Brandon Routh always look like he just got finished crying? It always seemed like his eyes were extremely watery.

Awesome that Morgan is a part of the team now. Beckman's face when she saw Morgan in castle was priceless.

Let's hope there's some gratuitous bikini/underwear shots of Sarah in the end run. This season has been severely lacking.
Old 04-05-10, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
ROFL at Morgan channeling Yoda... "No, there is another."
That, and pulling a Rancor Keeper and Lando Skiff Guard figure out of his locker when he was cleaning it out had me
Old 04-05-10, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
This season has been severely lacking.
I agree. I hated the stuff between Sarah and Shaw. It didn't make sense that she would hate Chuck for becoming spy-like, and would be attracted to Shaw when that's exactly what he is. WTF?!?

Thank God that plotline is over.
Old 04-05-10, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by WhoGirl
I agree. I hated the stuff between Sarah and Shaw. It didn't make sense that she would hate Chuck for becoming spy-like, and would be attracted to Shaw when that's exactly what he is. WTF?!?

She doesn't have a problem with killers (see Bryce), but Chuck represented something that wasn't from that world. She's still a part of that world (and Shaw was pretty much Bryce 2.0 anyway) but Chuck is her anchor to reality.

To put it simply, she loved Chuck because he WASN'T a killer, but could still be a hero. Which is something she wishes she could do herself.

Not so hard to understand.
Old 04-05-10, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
I hope Sarah didn't ruin the cords of all those vintage videogame controllers.
I thought the same thing during that scene! She grabbed that knife and I was thinking, "She's not really going to cut those cords, is she?!"
Old 04-05-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best Chuck episode ever? I think yes. So does them adding on an extra 6 episodes mean we may be getting a 4th season?
Old 04-06-10, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Extremely predictable, but it was definitely good enough for me to get past that. Looking forward to the last 6 episodes, and Casey training Morgan haha.
Old 04-06-10, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The best episode of Chuck since the Season 2 finale. The only thing missing was a Jeffster performance and I'm betting we see that before the end of this season.

I'm glad Shaw is out of the way and that Sarah and Chuck can be a couple.

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that Brandon Routh is a very wooden actor. He's not as bad as Freddy Prinze Jr., but he sticks out like a sore thumb compared to Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Joshua Gomez and the rest of the Chuck cast.

In the past few threads, people have been complaining about Yvonne's look. I think they figured out what the problem was because she was breathtakingly gorgeous tonight and I was watching the SD recording on my Tivo! I can't wait until tomorrow to watch the HD recording on my DVR.
Old 04-06-10, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
The only thing missing was a Jeffster performance and I'm betting we see that before the end of this season.
Isn't it common knowledge that
Spoiler:
the season finale will have an awesome Jeffster music video?
Old 04-06-10, 05:09 AM

I can't help but wonder if Shaw's really dead. Chuck and Sarah not checking the bodies at the Ring HQ seemed like foreshadowing. Heck, Chuck rescuing Sarah from Shaw would make an excellent red test.

I also wonder if Casey recovered the Intersect technical data. When Chuck and Shaw were fighting outside the cafe, a single car drove by and briefly blocked the view for no apparent reason.
Old 04-06-10, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I liked this episode but I wouldn't go as far as saying it was the best ever. The resolution with Shaw felt a little rushed and I thought the ending was a little anticlimatic. It definitely felt like a season finale. But, I am very happy that the "Will they or Won't they" part of Chuck and Sarah is finally over with. It was cool to see that Chuck had the balls to pull the trigger and save Sarah.

Loved Casey with the Ring director and making the deal to get Morgan onto the team.

Looking forward to the last 6 episodes. Hopefully the show doesn't shed more viewers during the 3 week break.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-06-10 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-06-10, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by WhoGirl

I think your confusing his statement. He said the season had been lacking gratuitous bikini shots, not that they season is lacking itself.
Old 04-06-10, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Silly Burrito
Well, the second part hasn't happened yet, but saw it coming from last week.

This was a great episode. At first, I thought they'd make him a double double agent, but nah, they just killed him.
They have to keep moving people out because of the reduced budget.
Old 04-06-10, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kevin75
i am so pissed off right now! my wife and i just sat down to watch chuck while eating dinner and there was some sort of error message on our directv dvr and there was no show to watch! evidently our local station is having some sort of issues with their hd because they still aren't showing anything on their channel. ARGH!!!!!!!! now we have to wait until tomorrow....what time does hulu usually post shows?
Just got a tweet from #nbcchuck:

Chuck vs. The Other Guy online
Old 04-06-10, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loved it... Greatest? Cant really say but this show just always does its best to deliver. Even when they fall short its still pretty good. I just hope the new season finale isnt too big of a cliff hanger. Obviously I want another season, but if the show does go for good, I want it to go out with a bang.
Old 04-06-10, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
I can't help but wonder if Shaw's really dead. Chuck and Sarah not checking the bodies at the Ring HQ seemed like foreshadowing. Heck, Chuck rescuing Sarah from Shaw would make an excellent red test.
Did Chuck theoretically pass his "red test" by killing (or at least shooting) Shaw at the bridge?
Old 04-06-10, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that Brandon Routh is a very wooden actor. He's not as bad as Freddy Prinze Jr., but he sticks out like a sore thumb compared to Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Joshua Gomez and the rest of the Chuck cast.
I don't think that's his fault. The writers wanted the Ace as a foil to Chuck, so they got Superman and told him to play it like Superman. The alternative would be to have him ham it up like Captain Jack or the Middleman, which might've been funny but I don't think his relationship with Sarah would've been as believable.
Old 04-06-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The original draft of Moby Dick started with: "Call me John Casey." It ended on page one, when Casey kicked the whale's ass.
More Casey Facts here: http://www.nbc.com/chuck/exclusives/...ts/#caseyfacts
Old 04-06-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Ok, the Morgan/Big Mike quitting scene might have been the funniest thing ever on this show. Those 2 work really well together.

Great episode. A season finale but not.
Old 04-06-10, 10:34 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Hilarious, thanks for the link. I had to use the Fight Club one for my avatar.
Old 04-06-10, 03:14 PM

I think this was the best episode of the season for Casey. He was really underused up until then. Glad Shaw is gone. Please let him really be gone. Morgan was great as always. Looking forward to the next 6 and hopefully season 4.
Old 04-06-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
Let's hope there's some gratuitous bikini/underwear shots of Sarah in the end run. This season has been severely lacking.
Not to mention those shots of Sarah Lancaster in her bikini, that girls got a body.
Old 04-06-10, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the change in Casey, not only since the beginning of the show, but even in this season. It's awesome (pun intended) the effect Chuck has had on him. (I wonder if there's ever been/going to be a plan to get Casey to reconcile with his family or if it's just his "new" family now.)

I'm curious, with just 6 episodes, how much of a story they can fit in and have it make sense (without being too cliffhanger-ish). Should be a good ride.
Old 04-06-10, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
I don't think that's his fault. The writers wanted the Ace as a foil to Chuck, so they got Superman and told him to play it like Superman. The alternative would be to have him ham it up like Captain Jack or the Middleman, which might've been funny but I don't think his relationship with Sarah would've been as believable.
I thought Routh was wooden too. Everything I have seen him in he is the same, kinda like the girl from Twilight. No range.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.