Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/01/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
7.14%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
14.29%
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
14.29%
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
0%
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)
7.14%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
0%
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
0%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
7.14%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
0%
Boston Rob Mariano (Marquesas, All-Stars)
42.86%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
7.14%
Benjamin "Coach" Wade (Tocantins)
0%
Courtney Yates (China)
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/01/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-10, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/01/10

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Yeah I am sure James yelling at people and being an asshole after the challenge was the reason they kept losing before.JT and Amanda actually being compotent at a puzzle now probably had nothing to do with their turn around.
You underestimate the power of morale. James ate a shitload, was always calling people out for whatever reason and didn't really seem to carry his weight in any of the challenges.

JT and Amanda had plenty of opportunities to show their puzzle solving skills and yet was always unable to pull the tribe through. Now without a brainless idiot yelling at them during the puzzle solving, they are actually able to focus on the task at hand. Coincidence?
Old 04-01-10, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by maingon
I still dont know why Courtney has made it as far as she as, Both times she has played. Shes been worthless both times so is Sandra.
Because both players have proven themselves reliable loyal allies in their original seasons. They were also both on teams that won early challenges so that they could sit them out once they got a numbers advantage so their physical liabilities could not hurt the tribe.
Old 04-02-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ckw4b
You underestimate the power of morale. James ate a shitload, was always calling people out for whatever reason and didn't really seem to carry his weight in any of the challenges.

JT and Amanda had plenty of opportunities to show their puzzle solving skills and yet was always unable to pull the tribe through. Now without a brainless idiot yelling at them during the puzzle solving, they are actually able to focus on the task at hand. Coincidence?
But he was their ally and was only ever yelling at Stephanie.

If "Team Morale" was so important why was a Ununited Villians tribe which had been cliquish and fighting and trying to position themselves in the game from day 1 dominating.

Because "Team Morale" is a bunch of hogwash that makes it easier to edit the winning tribe as playing the game correctly and the losing tribe as people who have their priorities mixed up and are playing like idiots.

Are people believing that the heroes are suddenly playing the game smart now and the villians all playing dumb. I hope people are not that gullible

If James being a hothead and an asshole was such a liability why did his premerge tribe better the competition in 2 previous season?

I would say the Villians for some unknown reason sitting out Sandra and Courtney at the RC and not the IC is 100 times more likely the reason for the Heroes sudden turnaround in challenge performance.
Old 04-02-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If he or anyone else loses in the f2 they will deserve it for not fennagaling people the right way to get their votes.

Anyway I am actually glad to see Knob go. If anyone is actually more overated then Russell it is him.

I just really am hating the editing the last 3 seasons. Why did the Producers not just cast Coach,Rob and Russell and CGI in everyone else if people are gonna get 1 or less confessionals.

Maybe it's short term memory, but recent edits seem to be much more focused down on the 2 voting targets for the night (after the challenge) and pre-challenge it seems like they just put on the big personalities. And they mix in the random Amanda whine (tastefully done when she's in a bikini bottom). And the camp work/survival aspect of the game is almost completely edited out (other than some stuff in the very beginning about the heroes' shelter and the "banana ettiquette" there seems to be very little about food, water, elements... and is it just me or do people seem to have several changes of clothes?)

I think if they are going to keep doing the allstar seasons the survival aspect should be really amped up in terms of difficulty and maybe some more wildcards thrown in (tribe switch ups, unexpected tribal councils, some sort of exile or a winning tribe able to disrupt things - assigning immunity, getting a single vote at the opposing tribal, maybe even a really early merge and then an un-merge? )
Old 04-02-10, 12:39 AM

I would say the Villians for some unknown reason sitting out Sandra and Courtney at the RC and not the IC is 100 times more likely the reason for the Heroes sudden turnaround in challenge performance.
This was a really shortsighted decision... it's one thing to sit Courtney out when there's 7 or 8 people in the next immunity challenge and you might be able to hide Courtney's pathetic abilities, but the Villains had to know that she would potentially be seriously exposed being 1 of just 5... I mean what if it was a strength related challenge or she had to swim or dive? I understand the Sandra decision as she has shown some ability on puzzles and they were probably thinking there would be that type of component again.

What makes the decision even more insane was Jeff went over the reward challenge rules prior to them deciding and it was clear the challenge was rotating teams of 3, so Courtney wouldn't even had been playing full time.... heck knowing the typical Survivor rotation of all guy, all girls, mix of guys/girls they should have realized she could be playing as little as 33% (or even 25%) of the time in the reward.
Old 04-02-10, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Who would you vote off?

"One of these."

Seriously. One of my most favorite Survivor moments in 20 seasons! The edit was brilliant cause at first you have no idea they are sitting right in front of them. It was like a shot in the Office where the camera pans over and there they are. Fucking hilarious!

"Well...what do you want me to say?"
Old 04-02-10, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
Seriously. One of my most favorite Survivor moments in 20 seasons! The edit was brilliant cause at first you have no idea they are sitting right in front of them. It was like a shot in the Office where the camera pans over and there they are. Fucking hilarious!

"Well...what do you want me to say?"
And 2 of the biggest mouths in the game were speechless.
Old 04-02-10, 01:03 AM

^ If only Coach was there, he could have commented on how that would be the honorbable thing to do.

Could you imagine if Coach had been sitting there too.... now that would have turned the knob to 11!
Old 04-02-10, 01:14 AM

Who would you vote off?

"One of these."

Russell is the best. Best scene I can remember on this show ever.

This episode was absolutely fascinating. Everyone went into this knowing they could abuse Coach's vote and suddenly he's thinking a little bit (just a little) and making the most sense. Up is down, black is white, and Russell has planted his seed amongst everyone.
Old 04-02-10, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Coach may be the first person to get evacuated for a nervous breakdown.
Old 04-02-10, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by dino88
Coach may be the first person to get evacuated for a nervous breakdown.
I was going to say that he wouldn't be the first, but since you said 'evacuated' instead of 'leave' then I guess you'd be right. Kathy Sleckman (Micronesia--Fans vs Favorites) kind of had a nervous breakdown but she chose to leave on her own IIRC.
Old 04-02-10, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,033 Likes on 851 Posts

Heroes

And James was always a jerk all 3 seasons it's just that in Micronesia he was always on Puzzle Dominator Eliza's tribe pre merge and in China the opposing tribe was god awful at puzzle..
I'd forgotten she was a Puzzle Dominator but it sounds familiar. As annoying as she was, I liked her.
Old 04-02-10, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 237 Posts

Just caught the most recent episode online and now reading thru this thread--I'm a little surprised at all the dislike for Rob. I thought he played the game well this go-around. He had things together previously until the idiotic decision by Tyson--one that appeared to be swayed by Russell but still made no sense. Then he was put out tonight after the idiotic decision by Coach ("I must be loyal to both sides so I'll cast a vote for someone entirely different"). Coach's play to vote like this was more attributed to Jerri's decision to switch sides than it was to anything Russell did. If Jerri had stayed loyal to the Rob/Sandra/Courtney group, there's no doubt in my mind that Coach would have gone along with 'em.
Old 04-02-10, 03:32 AM

If James being a hothead and an asshole was such a liability why did his premerge tribe better the competition in 2 previous season?
I'm also not surprised that the Heros did better w/o James . I'm not really sure you can compare past seasons like that with this one. James is just one part of a larger group, and his effect on the dynamic can change depending on the other members of that group.

Really looking forward to what happens with the villians. I'm wondering if anyone else stands up to try to counter balance the dominance of Russell.
Old 04-02-10, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
And 2 of the biggest mouths in the game were speechless.
No doubt. It was awesome. Even Rob was flustered.

"He’s (Rob) threatening Russell Hantz. When do you that, you go." - Russell

Russell goes from being down 6 to 3 to complete command of the tribe in a week.
Old 04-02-10, 05:23 AM

It's Russell's arrogance that will be his ultimate downfall. He better make sure he gets Courtney and Sandra out before the jury or they'll vote against him. Coach will vote against him because Russell will ultimately betray him. Then again, I'm assuming Russell will get far providing that Parvati doesn't get his ass out first.

I predict that the heroes' tribe will stay strong and will knock the villains out one by one in the merge. The villains are just too fragmented. Rob was the reason why they won challenges. He's gone, and now it's self destruct mode.
Old 04-02-10, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts

Well that sucked. I was really hoping we'd have a long playout of Russell vs. Rob after last week.

Tyson's stupidity really fucked everything. I see the Villains' losing streak going for several more eps....heading toward an even merge.

Coach is a total wuss.
Old 04-02-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts

Who would you vote off?

"One of these."

That was awesome. As was Boston Rob's reaction.
Old 04-02-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 237 Posts

I've enjoyed reading Probst's blog the next morning after each episode. I think he was drinking prior to writing his latest one...just rambles on and on.
Old 04-02-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

The King is dead. Long live the king!

And I TOTALLY disagree that if people had seen Russel's season that wouldn't get into an alliance with him. He dragged 4 useless players to the top 5 single handedly and took ALL the heat proudly. THAT is the guy you get in an alliance with.
Old 04-02-10, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Russell has no social game eh? I wish everyone would admit that the guy is one of the best players to ever play this game. It's not his edit, the Immunity Idols, or because of stupid people. He is just good at this game. I like Rob because he is probably a more complete player than Russell but he has to give Russell his due. I still think Russell will get blindsided before too long.
Old 04-02-10, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
I've enjoyed reading Probst's blog the next morning after each episode. I think he was drinking prior to writing his latest one...just rambles on and on.
Yeah, this one suck major ass.
Old 04-02-10, 09:48 AM

Who would you vote off?

"One of these."

Once again, Russell has the biggest balls on TV this week. And that includes Randy on South Park.
Old 04-02-10, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
It's not his edit, the Immunity Idols, or because of stupid people. He is just good at this game.
I'd say it's a combination of all 4 of those.

Originally Posted by OscarBluth

Once again, Russell has the biggest balls on TV this week. And that includes Randy on South Park.
And just like Randy's, Russell's balls will eventually kill him. For all of you who loved that scene, do you promise not to whine this season if Russell makes it to the finals and loses again?
Old 04-02-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TwineTime
And just like Randy's, Russell's balls will eventually kill him. For all of you who loved that scene, do you promise not to whine this season if Russell makes it to the finals and loses again?
The eventual bitterness of all the losers in the jury will most likely never allow someone like Russell to win this game, regardless of the fact that he's the best player to ever be on the show. Most of the votes in his season were not for Natalie to win, they were for Russell to lose.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.