TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Chuck - "Chuck Versus the American Hero" - 3/29/10

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-10, 12:05 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Chuck - "Chuck Versus the American Hero" - 3/29/10

I never bought the reasoning on why they couldn't tell Sarah, especially when Chuck told her there was more to the story then she knew. I know they needed to do it to drag the story out, but it's not like she is going to run to Shaw and get Casey sent to prison.

Loved Casey's reaction when Ellie brought up the indecent exposure story Chuck told her as a cover story
Old 03-30-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Frankly, Sarah has become a very unsympathetic character over the season and, -as mentioned earlier in the thread, -her look isn't all that flattering either. I was actually kind of hoping Chuck would end up with Kristin Kreuk, though I knew it'd never happen. They really need to straighten this out...
Old 03-30-10, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I never bought the reasoning on why they couldn't tell Sarah, especially when Chuck told her there was more to the story then she knew. I know they needed to do it to drag the story out, but it's not like she is going to run to Shaw and get Casey sent to prison.
Yeah it seemed odd... If Casey and Sarah's roles were reversed I could understand it.

Also a bit odd (unless I missed the explanation)... Shaw swallowing a bug and assuming the bad guys wouldn't search him? That was the plan the crack team put together?
Old 03-30-10, 12:52 AM
Suspended

wow that lil twist about Shaws wife. WOW
Old 03-30-10, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love this show too much to let all the ridiculousness associated with that air strike annoy me.

Did I miss the part where it was explained what D.N.I. is (besides a sweet acronym for a secret government agency conducting domestic covert operations)? Maybe I'm forgetting something from last week.
Old 03-30-10, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I thought this was a great episode.

The twist with Sarah and Shaw's wife was fantastic. When they initially showed the flashback scene a few weeks ago, I didn't think too much about it.

Chuck has really envolved and I liked seeing him gain alot of confidence when he rescued Shaw. I thought the whole deal with Jeff and Lester monitoring Shaw and then once Chuck arrived, they abruptly packed up and left felt rushed and sloppy. They are funny characters, but they added nothing to that.

It was really good seeing Curtis Manning again, I mean Roger Cross. It's too bad since he left 24 3 years ago, he's been relegated to thankless goon roles. I recall he also played a goon on Fringe earlier this season. He's a good actor and I hope he lands a stable gig.

As for Yvonne, She still looks good to me. I'm not crazy about the curly/wavy hair, but she looked great in the skin tight purple dress and I haven't really noticed any bad makeup jobs.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next week and how they transition to the final 6 episodes. The previews totally make next week's episode look like a season finale.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-30-10 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-30-10, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
As for Yvonne, She still looks good to me. I'm not crazy about the curly/wavy hair, but she looked great in the skin tight purple dress and I haven't really noticed any bad makeup jobs.
It's really noticeable in her scenes with Chuck, but not as much in other scenes. More specifically in the restaurant last week when she gave him the envelope for his Red Test and last night when he confessed his love for her.
Old 03-30-10, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
I love this show too much to let all the ridiculousness associated with that air strike annoy me.
yeah, i told my wife twice, "nobody notices a bomber flying a few hundred feet over los angeles?"

i thought that the stakeout was great. when you have casey, devin, morgan, and chuck on a 'mission' that is a great setup. overall, while i have been a bit disappointed with this season (especially shaw), i think that the last couple of weeks and been very solid. i look forward to seeing how they will 'wrap' everything up next week and lead into the back 6 episodes. does anyone know how many more episodes brandon routh is contracted for?
Old 03-30-10, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevin75
yeah, i told my wife twice, "nobody notices a bomber flying a few hundred feet over los angeles?"
Its was a stealth.
Old 03-30-10, 08:58 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I said the same thing to my wife. How observant Los Angeles was to not notice a bomber flying a few hundred feet above the city.

Also, something's been bugging me, but a few episodes ago when Chuck was injected with that chemical that would make him void of having emotion - what the hell happened about that? Did the effect just wear off or did they address this and I just missed it. As for this episode, I'm starting to wonder if that flash bang jacked up the Intersect inside of him.
Old 03-30-10, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kevin75
There was no reason for it, either -- it would've been much less obtrusive to use a smart bomb from high altitude.

And there's no way a single conventional bomb could destroy the Ring base -- the biggest bunker-buster around can only penetrate about 6 meters of rock (and probably would've killed Chuck, Shaw and Sarah). The Ring base was a lot deeper than that. It probably would've taken multiple nukes to reach it.
Old 03-30-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

The Stealth was silly, but if I can buy the Intersect, I can buy anything

Brandon Routh has been a great addition to the show. Though with the way the story is going, I wonder how much longer he will be around.
Old 03-30-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My guess would be he dies at the end of the season doing something heroic to save Sarah.
Old 03-30-10, 10:07 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Difference is that Sarah seems to sleep with whomever she works with, Chuck seems to fall ass-backward into his relationships.
I think Sarah does it because she feels it's her one chance to maintain what little grip she has on a normal life.
Old 03-30-10, 10:50 AM

Add another gripe about the bomber practically landing on the target.

And I really didn't like the video wall effect when Shaw was watching the video.

I didn't buy Sarah's issue with thinking Chuck is a killer, it sure hadn't stopped her from hooking up with anyone else.

Not to mention that maybe Chuck hasn't pulled the trigger on anyone, but he sure willingly and directly caused some death bringing that beacon to the bunker. But I guess that's OK with Sarah?

There are more gripes, and despite a few positive moments, I really didn't like this episode. I've felt this way for the last few eps actually. The Sarah & Shaw thing got stale quickly, especially with Kreuk's character departing so quickly.
Old 03-30-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

5.6 mil viewers last night. A slight uptick over last week.
Old 03-30-10, 11:43 AM

No one commented about the return of Badger? Will we get to see a Badger/Cobb on screen reunion?
Old 03-30-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck

Brandon Routh has been a great addition to the show. Though with the way the story is going, I wonder how much longer he will be around.
I think Routh has been really stale just as he was in the Superman role.
Really liked the episode though.
Old 03-30-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelWill
Not to mention that maybe Chuck hasn't pulled the trigger on anyone, but he sure willingly and directly caused some death bringing that beacon to the bunker. But I guess that's OK with Sarah?
Shaw "swallowed" the pill in front of Sarah. She has no idea Chuck unintentionally took it with him.
Old 03-30-10, 02:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck

I'm thinking he goes rogue out of anger, Chuck has to kill him with a gun to save Sarah.

Thus resetting the whole Sarah and her feelings about Chuck, but then Chuck feels bad and mopey about killing someone, and the circle begins anew.
Old 03-30-10, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silly Burrito
I'm thinking he goes rogue out of anger, Chuck has to kill him with a gun to save Sarah.

Thus resetting the whole Sarah and her feelings about Chuck, but then Chuck feels bad and mopey about killing someone, and the circle begins anew.
To be honest, this whole Sarah is banging someone else plot line has turned me off to the show.
Old 03-30-10, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Shaw "swallowed" the pill in front of Sarah. She has no idea Chuck unintentionally took it with him.
You're right, but I'm going to put on my nerd hat and say it would be in the mission report. But I doubt it will ever be brought up.
Old 03-30-10, 03:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by van der graaf
To be honest, this whole Sarah is banging someone else plot line has turned me off to the show.
I'm hoping that if it does come back for season four, they handle it like Big Bang Theory. Now that Leonard and Penny are together, it's really no big deal. There's still funny situations and things that pop up, but there's no major "Will they or won't they" aggravation that's common in these situations.
Old 03-30-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by movieking
Hopefully, this show will be coming back next season, but it is definitely still up in the air. If it is canceled, I just hope that the writers are given enough time to write a satisfying conclusion.
Josh Schwartz has said in interviews that the finale this season will be a game changer for the series (think semi-reboot?). However, he also said that it does NOT serve as a series finale in any real way should NBC decide not to renew it next season.
Old 03-30-10, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by van der graaf
Yeah, I agree - I cringe everytime she and Superman kiss or have a moment. Esp. with Chuck looking on - makes me not like Sarah, and in a way makes me wish Chuck would grow a pair and move on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.