TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Was the mystery explained how Locke was able to walk again or how Rose's cancer dissapeared or did I miss something?
Jacob healed them?
Old 03-17-10, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Can't Flocke turn into Smoke and head off to Brazil or something? What constrains him to the island? I wonder if he was even capable of going over to the Hydra Island?
I assume he can if they are setting up those pylons.
Old 03-17-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Jacob healed them?
It was the magnetic properties of the... God did it.
Old 03-17-10, 12:40 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by Rob V
Can't Flocke turn into Smoke and head off to Brazil or something? What constrains him to the island? I wonder if he was even capable of going over to the Hydra Island?
he needs the proper bearings and a map

and the culture shock would be terrible...he didn't know the book of mice and men (after his time) and from being in prison so long ya know

last writing he probably seen was on a scroll
Old 03-17-10, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

This answers a lot of the questions, for me anyway:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hILqMGb2u2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hILqMGb2u2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-17-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One interesting thing is that Flocke said he didn't want to die. So evidently he CAN be killed, hmm. (Unless he was just manipulating the person he was talking to). And I'm still loving this show. Don't know what people are so upset about...
Old 03-17-10, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would assume if Jacob could be killed, so could he.
Old 03-17-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
This answers a lot of the questions, for me anyway:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hILqMGb2u2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hILqMGb2u2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
WTF???? Another question!!!

I WANT ANSWERS!!! NO MORE QUESTIONS!!!
Old 03-17-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dvdaddict32
The interesting reveal last night was Flocke talked about being human once and having a crazy mother!
Did he actually say he was human once, or are we inferring that? Many deities in mythology have mothers.
Old 03-17-10, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Actually, Jack asked him if he had any STDs, which James gave him a look and didnt answer. Jack stated he would take that as a yes. Of course, James then slept with Kate who slept with Jack in return ....

No one ever said they were that smart!
The non-answer IS an answer.

And yeah, now everybody has herpes. Jack, Ana-Lucia, Charlotte, Kate, Sawyer....
Old 03-17-10, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by suziq999
How did Sawyer figure out the Tina Fey look-a-like was conning him? One second they are pushing a boat and she's yammering about meeting her boyfriend in Guam and the next second he's got a gun on her.
Because it was obvious she was lying from the start. Seen most easily because she was incredibly vague.
Old 03-17-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

You ridiculous people and your complaints about people wanting to be "spoonfeeding".

We don't want to be spoonfed. We want SOMETHING. And they give us nothing.

That's the problem. This show doesn't have the luxury of the pace it has assumed.
Old 03-17-10, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
You ridiculous people and your complaints about people wanting to be "spoonfeeding".

We don't want to be spoonfed. We want SOMETHING. And they give us nothing.

That's the problem. This show doesn't have the luxury of the pace it has assumed.
How about this: BULLSHIT!

You're not a writer! You have no clue where the story is going! So all you people that clutter up these threads with your incessant whining and bitching just shut the fuck up until it's over! Holy shit, you're fucking annoying.

I'm invested in this show as much as anyone, and I'm perfectly happy with the pace of their answers. If, after the show is over, you're unsatisfied, I think you're justified in complaining. However, as someone is filling up your glass, you can't complain about your glass not being full. That's the fucking point, you idiots.

A story answers questions as it goes along. It doesn't answer everything and then just continue. Holy fuck.
Old 03-17-10, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by raKim
how do you people read books? (assuming you do) Doesn't it get tough with the pages being soggy by the time you get most of the way through it?

serisously, noone is forcing you to watch, and no amount of whining is going to change the story...just enjoy it...I am thoroughly enjoying this season, because I enjoy mystery and intrigue and sci-fi and this show gives me all of that...now is it going as I planned? of course not, but I didn't write it as I didn't write 100% of the other media I use for ENTERTAINMENT...it certainly is well within your right to bitch and moan, but why do it here where we can use this space to talk about theories and what we like about a show which, obviously we all have invested a lot of time in...I mean can whomever starts these theads just do so with a poll each week so we can have everyone chime in on:
1. How many questions were NOT answered
2. How the characters that were shown this week were annoying/obvious/stupid
3. How the story is getting stupid
4. How there should have been more of x and less of y
5. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

i mean really.......really??
You, sir, are absolutely correct and undeserving of the vitriol people have thrown at you for calling them out on their bullshit. They're bitchy enough to complain about a good show on television as it's in progress, so I shouldn't be surprised they're all butt-hurt over a post on the internet.
Old 03-17-10, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raKim
how do you people read books? (assuming you do) Doesn't it get tough with the pages being soggy by the time you get most of the way through it?

serisously, noone is forcing you to watch, and no amount of whining is going to change the story...just enjoy it...I am thoroughly enjoying this season, because I enjoy mystery and intrigue and sci-fi and this show gives me all of that...now is it going as I planned? of course not, but I didn't write it as I didn't write 100% of the other media I use for ENTERTAINMENT...it certainly is well within your right to bitch and moan, but why do it here where we can use this space to talk about theories and what we like about a show which, obviously we all have invested a lot of time in...I mean can whomever starts these theads just do so with a poll each week so we can have everyone chime in on:
1. How many questions were NOT answered
2. How the characters that were shown this week were annoying/obvious/stupid
3. How the story is getting stupid
4. How there should have been more of x and less of y
5. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

i mean really.......really??
Cool. Let's do that then....

What theories would you like to discuss?

Also, if you get to discuss what you like about the show, people also get to discuss what they don't like about the show, which based on the rest of the post, you don't want to read.
Old 03-17-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix

You're not a writer! You have no clue where the story is going! So all you people that clutter up these threads with your incessant whining and bitching just shut the fuck up until it's over! Holy shit, you're fucking annoying.

I'm invested in this show as much as anyone, and I'm perfectly happy with the pace of their answers. If, after the show is over, you're unsatisfied, I think you're justified in complaining. However, as someone is filling up your glass, you can't complain about your glass not being full. That's the fucking point, you idiots.

A story answers questions as it goes along. It doesn't answer everything and then just continue. Holy fuck.
I guess no critique of any show is justified until it's over? I don't know if I have ever heard of a more ridiculous thing in my life. We are complaining because the shows AREN'T HOLDING OUR INTEREST. It doesn't matter where it's going, we don't like HOW it's getting there. We don't find it entertaining. What do you not understand about that?

I'm happy you like the pace. Some of us don't. It's a discussion thread, get used to differing opinions. If the shows were INTERESTING and didn't answer questions, fine, but we obviously don't think they are. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with calling people with different opinions idiots you could see that. But someone with an ego as big as yours obviously couldn't comprehend that your opinion isn't the only valid one. I am expressing MY concerns for the show. If you want to discuss it fine. If you want to call me an idiot for not bowing at the alter of an apparently infallible writer then perhaps it's you who should bow out of a DISCUSSION thread.
Old 03-17-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty sure you have said some mean things about me as well, but I do like your statement here. I still don't care for you though.
Old 03-17-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by clappj
Why don't they just take the damn plane!
I mean, it looks like they have a least 20-30 feet of sand between the plane and the ocean.
That should be plenty of room to get up enough speed for takeoff right?
The plane went down for a reason. I don't think they can just jump in the cockpit and take off.

Originally Posted by dvdaddict32
The interesting reveal last night was Flocke talked about being human once and having a crazy mother! I was also fascinated how he rationalized killing everyone at the temple.
I'm not positive his mother is human. The first thing I thought of was Mother Earth, but she's probably something even larger than that.

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I have resolved myself to the fact that they are not going to wow me with any finale.
I take it you won't be complaining after the finale then?

Holy shit, you're fucking annoying.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 03-17-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dino88
I take it you won't be complaining after the finale then?
Not as much.
Old 03-17-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also if people who aren't writers can't complain about the show, why are other people who aren't writers (and your long otter diatribes don't count as being a writer) why are you allowed to praise it?
Old 03-17-10, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Cool. Let's do that then....

What theories would you like to discuss?

Also, if you get to discuss what you like about the show, people also get to discuss what they don't like about the show, which based on the rest of the post, you don't want to read.
I'll be honest, I do a lot of reading on this forum, and this is one of the few i participate in, so I don't want to lose that by "whining" and I am sorry to have said that about others on here...regardless

my biggest thing right now is to figure out the "sides" (if there are sides)
Widmore never explicitly stated that he wanted to kill smokey or wanted him dead, he just agreed to sawyer's plan, and we all know that, that plan is a double triple cross in waiting...I am of the belief that Jacob is not really good (or as good as he thinks) and MiB is not all bad (not as bad as we think)...beyond that, I want to know what role walt and aaron have in all this and also what kate even does on the show anymore!
Old 03-17-10, 02:29 PM

Enjoyed the episode (Mostly due to being a Sawyer ep). Yes, it can be considered filler but have no qualms with that. When the hour is over I'm done until the next airing as I am not one to put that much energy into breaking every minute down to a supposed science.

There IS a lot of bitching for a show that is basically a daytime soap-opera on 'roids (to appease the male egos that choose to watch).

P.S. I am one of those males btw.
Old 03-17-10, 02:33 PM

I guess no critique of any show is justified until it's over? I don't know if I have ever heard of a more ridiculous thing in my life. We are complaining because the shows AREN'T HOLDING OUR INTEREST. It doesn't matter where it's going, we don't like HOW it's getting there. We don't find it entertaining. What do you not understand about that?
Sorry, but no one has ever critiqued 90% a painting. Or 90% of a movie. Or drank wine made with 90% of its ingredients. I just think it's pretty foolish to try to do that with any TV series, especially one of this nature.

I guess after reading the whole thread and seeing 4 of 5 pages were not actual discussion but more, "Make wit de answerz, none r boring, dis suxx!!!!!!!11!1!!" I got a bit pissy. I, for one, liked Battlestar Galactica's ending. The last five episodes before the finale I thought were boring as shit. However, they were mostly setting the stage for the finale. They helped shape the story. I have found these episodes to be engaging. I just don't see how posting "This show sucked" adds anything to the conversation. Even if I disagree with people's theories, I enjoy them.

Unless they think this takes place in space. In which case, the theory sucks ass.
Old 03-17-10, 02:38 PM

Also if people who aren't writers can't complain about the show, why are other people who aren't writers (and your long otter diatribes don't count as being a writer) why are you allowed to praise it?
I meant more if you're not a writer on the show, you don't know where the story is going, so how could you really bitch about it. You can't really judge a show as 'filler' if later the things you thought were meaningless were significant.
Old 03-17-10, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't forget though people have invested YEARS of their lives to this so they are entitled to what they want.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.