Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost: The Final Season -- Season Premiere -- "LA X Part 1&2" -- 02/02/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost: The Final Season -- Season Premiere -- "LA X Part 1&2" -- 02/02/10

Originally Posted by Shinobi
Dammit. My cable went out literally at the last few seconds of the show. Can someone tell me what happened at the very end, after Jack was fighting the guards? I think I know, as I believe someone called it above, but was there any dialogue at the end?
Sayid stood up and asked "What Happenend?"
Old 02-02-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So I guess Sayid is going to play a HUGE role in this season, considering his Jesus pose while being carried out of the Fountain of Youth, and his resurrection at the end.
Old 02-02-10, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe in the NC timeline, jack fixes john's spine and they become close friends. either way, if they have this the entire season i will cringe. it just takes away precious time from the things we want answers for. didn't the creators say after last season that they were done with these flash-forwards, backs, ect...?
Old 02-02-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
He was just great tonight.

The little speech he gave Jack about his father, and the one he gave Ben were just outstanding.
He was totally channeling his character from S1. TOQ was amazing in these episodes IMO.

Is Richard dead or just knocked out?
Old 02-02-10, 10:11 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Anyone else think that they will continue this NC timeline throughout this season to show what actually happens to these characters instead of crashing on the island. The last episode will end with them finally being able to reset everything and the show ends where it started tonight?
Old 02-02-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, I love this show. I will miss it when it's over.

I hope they stop the NC timeline if it doesn't tie into the story other than to show what if. Fuck what if. I want island stuff.

What I don't understand it, it seem like Albert was always second in command for the Others but now, that doesn't seem to be the case. Who the hell is this Japanese dude? He seem to know more and has more power in command than Albert. If this Japanese dude is up there in rank, what the hell is the point of Ben as the leader of the Other???
Old 02-02-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm weird episodes. Does anything else think that with Locke's comment about the coffin and Oceaninc not knowing "where it is", Jack's comment about being a spinal surgeon and nothing being unfixable, and Kate possibly getting caught again in the No Crash timeline, we're all just being setup for the crash to happen again under slightly different circumstances? For example, Jack goes back to Australia to reclaim the body that was lost, Locke somehow gets operated on by Jack and regains his ability to walk and returns to go on his walkabout and that's what restored his ability to walk not the island, etc?
It'll be interesting to see where they go with it but it's hard for me say whether I liked this episode or not until I see more of what they are thinking, right now it just seems to out there even for this show.
Old 02-02-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
He was totally channeling his character from S1. TOQ was amazing in these episodes IMO.

Is Richard dead or just knocked out?
I'll go with knocked out. I get the feeling he's a lot more important in the grand scheme of things.
Old 02-02-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
Hmm weird episodes. Does anything else think that with Locke's comment about the coffin and Oceaninc not knowing "where it is", Jack's comment about being a spinal surgeon and nothing being unfixable, and Kate possibly getting caught again in the No Crash timeline, we're all just being setup for the crash to happen again under slightly different circumstances? For example, Jack goes back to Australia to reclaim the body that was lost, Locke somehow gets operated on by Jack and regains his ability to walk and returns to go on his walkabout and that's what restored his ability to walk not the island, etc?
It'll be interesting to see where they go with it but it's hard for me say whether I liked this episode or not until I see more of what they are thinking, right now it just seems to out there even for this show.
It doesn't seem like they have any memories of a second crash
Old 02-02-10, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Matto1020
Anyone else think that they will continue this NC timeline throughout this season to show what actually happens to these characters instead of crashing on the island. The last episode will end with them finally being able to reset everything and the show ends where it started tonight?
that'd be my guess, but who knows?

Originally Posted by ericmylad
Sayid stood up and asked "What Happenend?"
Thank you!
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant

It woudl be hard to make sense of it because they showed the island under water in the alt. timeline.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
I'll go with knocked out. I get the feeling he's a lot more important in the grand scheme of things.
Agreed. After some of the things that haven't killed people on the show, you would think they would make a bigger point if he was killed.

I also still want to know where the hell Desmond went. Never showed up again after Jack saved Charlie that I noticed.
Old 02-02-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BravesMG
Agreed. After some of the things that haven't killed people on the show, you would think they would make a bigger point if he was killed.

I also still want to know where the hell Desmond went. Never showed up again after Jack saved Charlie that I noticed.
I think it has something to do with The Constant. Jack had that weird cut appear on his neck in the bathroom when island Jack was coming out of the wreckage all cut up.
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe they just couldn't get the actress, but where was Shannon on the NC timeline? Who else was missing? Michael and Walt...the "tailies."
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Where is Boone's sister? I didn't see her on the plane.
Old 02-02-10, 10:22 PM

Doesn't Smokey live in the Temple? In the past He/It was shown going through the hole in the Temple wall (the one that Jack and company entered in tonight's episode), and Smokey had a few scenes beneath the Temple itself last season. It seems odd that the Others in the Temple have to protect themselves from something that seems to have easy access to their own building.

Received 811 Likes on 527 Posts

Is everyone forgetting that the person sitting next to Jack was gone when he got back from saving Charlie?

I think that "The Island" took those from the flight that needed to be taken (i.e. the person in Jack's row and his dad's body) just like it did when they returned to the island.

Maybe the bomb/whiteflash happened at the time Oceanic 815 flew over and took the above passengers (and a few others) and let the rest go on their merry way... and that is the NC timeline.
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone else recognize Matt Parkman's voice as the pilot when he came on the intercom? Gotta love the consistency with this show.

Too bad Boone's sister was not there. All the "DUI" gang was absent from the plane too.
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edstein
Remember that originally Shannon left that guy and flew back with Boone. This time Shannon stayed in Sydney. This means that events before the flight/crash also changed.

BTW, I don't see how they can ever show 2004 Walt again unless they have unused footage.
Old 02-02-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah this No Crash timeline is bizarre. Boone made it seem like he left Australia without Shannon.

Meanwhile Desmond was on the plane because... he ended up making it around the world? Did he start/finish in Australia? Wouldn't he have been done with the race a long time ago?
Old 02-02-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Shannon stayed in Australia. Richard can't be dead as they're supposed to tell his story sometime during this season,
Old 02-02-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doesn't Smokey live in the Temple? In the past He/It was shown going through the hole in the Temple wall (the one that Jack and company entered in tonight's episode), and Smokey had a few scenes beneath the Temple itself last season. It seems odd that the Others in the Temple have to protect themselves from something that seems to have easy access to their own building.
Richard claimed the wall was built around the temple, which is 1/2 mile in. Smokey probably stuck to the tunnels.
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe Jacob was also a smoke monster.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I get the feeling that the NC timeline is still a little askew. It sounded like Boone went to Sydney, but was unsuccessful. Hurley said he's the luckiest guy in the world, and I didn't sound to me like he was being sarcastic. And why would Desmond be on the flight?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.