Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Samoa - 12/03/09

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Survivor: Samoa - 12/03/09

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Pissing off Shambo and pushing her to her old team.
And if they would have voted out Dave, that would have pissed off John and pushed him back to his old team. Either way, someone was going to feel betrayed.
Old 12-05-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
And it must be their mission at this point to leave no trace of Brett ever having been on Survivor.
I keep wondering how he is going to be voted off if no one even realizes he is there.
Old 12-06-09, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts

I don't know if it influenced the vote, but he was a damn fool for not sharing that pie.
Old 12-06-09, 11:24 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1
So how did the chicken turn out?
I just read an interview with John and he was asked about that. He said Shambo was a much better cook than Dave and that her chicken got great comments from the tribe, even from Dave.
Old 12-06-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I don't know if it influenced the vote, but he was a damn fool for not sharing that pie.
I think he was thinking back to the cookie where the one guy shared his cookies but still got voted off.
Old 12-07-09, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another great episode.
Old 12-07-09, 11:28 AM

I was wondering about the Soup too, since it was made into such a big deal this episode. It was strange they decided to just drop the whole thing after Shambo started cooking it and Dave got her panties (if she's wearing any!! ) in a wad!

Russell made it sound like he didn't really want to vote John off this go around, but figured he had to after he told him he had the HII. He should have lied, and told John he thought Dave found it around that big pile of rocks!

Wonder if Russell will have to play the HII next week...
Old 12-07-09, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,041 Likes on 858 Posts

The promos all say Russell is going home this week, so that means he's not
Old 12-07-09, 05:15 PM

You know, everyone says Russell is playing brilliant strategy by manipulating people so well, but I think the player who is the most devious of all is Brett. Through his guile and cunning, he even has the PRODUCERS duped into thinking he's just the quiet guy in the background, not screwing with anyone, that they've even forgotten he's still on the island! And when he and Russell make it to the final two or three or whatever, that's when Brett is gonna strike, and win it all! After all, since the jury votes with emotion, are they gonna vote for the guy they think screwed all of them over, or the guy that was pretending to hide in the background and not be noticed?!

Old 12-07-09, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great! Now we don't need to watch the finale!

Chris
Old 12-08-09, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Pissing off Shambo and pushing her to her old team.
Right. Russ still only had 4 rock solid votes since they were not using Shambo's. At the least, all that had to happen was somebody on Galu realizing they could go back to John and they could've forced a 4-4-1 tie with Shambo suddenly having to choose between voting out John, and whoever they chose to vote for on Foa. Shambo's head would've exploded. Who knows which side she sides with then.

They avoided that scenario, but now they've still got a pissed off Shambo to deal with and only have a bloc of 4. I don't understand how all of this was worth voting out John instead of Dave and keeping the immunity idol secret (and they'll still suspect Russ might have it).
Old 12-08-09, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by dino88
And if they would have voted out Dave, that would have pissed off John and pushed him back to his old team. Either way, someone was going to feel betrayed.
But they'd then still have a happy Shambo and a solid 5-3 advantage. Now it's 4-3-1.
Old 12-08-09, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by guildda
I don't understand how all of this was worth voting out John instead of Dave and keeping the immunity idol secret (and they'll still suspect Russ might have it).
I don't know if I agree that it was worth it, but I imagine Russell's thought process was that he had to get rid of John now. If he didn't and just went for Dave, John would be pissed that Russell lied to him when he said they would vote a Foa Foa in exchange for John voting against Laura.

Now, that being said, I am sure that John is pissed (and probably Shambo too), but I guess the theory is that if you get rid of the person you lied to now, you don't have to deal with John gunning for you the next TC. It may have cost him the jury vote, but we all know that Russell isn't playing for the money. Can he somehow calm down Shambo and keep the Foa Foa alliance together? That's what he'll have to do to keep control of the game (that or go on an Immunity Challenge streak, with careful use of the HII).
Old 12-08-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It doesn't matter if Shambo's pissed or not. She will keep voting for Dave, and Foa Foa will likely join her the next vote. Her strategic skills are on par with the rest of Galu.
Old 12-10-09, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those who are wondering if John has any animosity towards Russell, you can read his interview here:

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsite...h-john-fincher

The part about Russell:

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What are your thoughts on Russell?
A. John: Everything went down according to plan. You work with somebody like Russell. You know you can’t trust him but you’re well served to work with him. I certainly didn’t trust him at all from the very beginning. It’s a comforting feeling to be able to trust someone out there but you can’t trust anyone! As we’re talking on last night’s episode, we’re talking but we’re thinking that we have to vote the other one off. You can’t show what’s going on but I certainly didn’t trust Russell. It’s the right move for him to vote me off and as I become more powerful, I’m only going to take power from him. No hard feelings with Russell. He’s good. He’s the best there ever was.

Sounds like he knows who he's voting for.
Old 12-10-09, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's good to know if Russell makes the finals he will get at least 1 vote.

I would be shocked if Mick,Jaison or Natalie don't end up winning it all.