0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Samoa - 10/19/09

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-09, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Survivor: Samoa - 10/19/09

Awesome episode, and Russell STILL has the idol! If he can continue to use it right, he could be around a while. Geez, I thought for sure he'd be gone by now. Next week though
Spoiler:
it looks like he's up to his old tricks!
Old 11-19-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
In fact he should have spent the entire time leading up to the TC looking for it like he hadnt found it.
That's what I was thinking. Him lounging around in that hammock the way he was should make it pretty obvious to the purples that he already found it.
Old 11-19-09, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is friggin awesome. The man deserve the million dollar. If not, at least the most popular survivor prize.

I think they know Russell has the HII. Otherwise, why would they stop searching? If I was Laura, I would be searching all day long until I found it or Russell stop looking.
Old 11-19-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Any or all of Dave GIF's should be shown....He had a great look on his face early on right before the first challenge I think.
Old 11-19-09, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so glad Laura is finally gone! Hopefully Monica is next.
Old 11-19-09, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

How could Dave not keep up with Russell. Russell losing him is even more awesome than his finding he idol.
Old 11-19-09, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's pretty sad that a big fat guy could so easily lose a, seemingly, healthy in shape and thin guy with the idol up for grabs. I have to believe a lot of editing was involved, because I refuse to believe so little effort was put into finding it when Russell has proved to be so good.

But this idol was bigger than the others. In the others, he used common sense and was more driven than the other players and he found them in places he figured they probably would be. Not taking anything away, but this one was just so much more random. That rock didn't even look to me on tv like the one in the clue. Yet, you could tell he knew that was it, it wasn't like the other rocks he had picked up just to make sure. He was almost certain he'd found it before he pulled it out of the ground.

I think I could like him more if Shambo wasn't on his side. Can't stand her.

Laura is getting a bad rap. She wasn't a bad loser, she played as hard as anyone in her tribe, and she seemed like a nice enough person.

The blonde who got voted out last week, I thought, looked a whole lot better cleaned up. The other guy, Eric (?), I guess in the moment you can't blame him for feeling a certain way, but calm down. You got beaten and if you'd have been in a position where you needed to screw someone to move on in the game, you would have done the same thing. I know it's intense, but I just can't get over how many people are incredibly sour after being blindsided or just outplayed.

Still don't really have a person that I truly want to win other than Monica and that's only because she's pretty. Russell certainly is most deserving at this point, but you just have to think he's not going to make it all the way to the end. It's just tough to go all the way with such a big target and run the table if you're not amazing at challenges. But you never know. If he does make the finals, someone would have to do some really amazing stuff to even get a vote.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 11-20-09 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-20-09, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

If Russell bounces Monica next week, then Laura's entire "dumb-ass girl alliance" will have been sent to the jury back-to-back-to-back.

But holy cow, Russell and 3 people who haven't done squat (until tonight when Mick won immunity) are just mowing down an 8 person alliance.

I wouldn't be surprised if next episode Russell was shootin' at some food and up through the ground came a bubblin' crude. Oil that is...Black Gold...Texas Tea.
Old 11-20-09, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
If Russell bounces Monica next week, then Laura's entire "dumb-ass girl alliance" will have been sent to the jury back-to-back-to-back.

But holy cow, Russell and 3 people who haven't done squat
Russell admittedly had no clue what was going on at the merge and the blonde girl and Jaison were the ones who got the voted flipped onto Erik by telling the Galu women Erik was targetting Laura and then Monica after Laura won immunity.
Old 11-20-09, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Shambo's an a-hole in the way she can't help but laugh at her "enemy" being out of the immunity contest early, and at tribal council. She'd be a horrible poker player.
I'm likely to think shady editing is at work here. I don't see her playing up the way she did at last week's tribal council only to laugh in front of everyone at the challenge. And there was at least one point tonight with Laura talking at tribal and they cut to Russell laughing and you could see Laura behind him laughing as well. All the while her voice over was still going.
Old 11-20-09, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Russell is fucking amazing!!

Best season of Survivor in a long time.

Literally fell out of my chair after he found it again and when he lost Dave while "Jogging"
Old 11-20-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I wouldn't be surprised if next episode Russell was shootin' at some food and up through the ground came a bubblin' crude. Oil that is...Black Gold...Texas Tea.

John =
Old 11-20-09, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Russell admittedly had no clue what was going on at the merge and the blonde girl and Jaison were the ones who got the voted flipped onto Erik by telling the Galu women Erik was targetting Laura and then Monica after Laura won immunity.
Ok, that is wrong. John was the one targeting Laura/Monica the first week of the merge because he feared the all-girls alliance. Erik wanted to get rid of Galu one by one which is the CORRECT plan. Instead everyone blamed Erik for trying to get rid of Monica when it was John who started this whole crap. These Foa Foa guys are idiots for letting the game slip away when they had won most of the challenges so far. Morons.

Edit: okay, everyone probably wanted Erik out for some other reason but if he didn't isolate himself and live in that hole in the tree all the time, maybe he could have built better relationships with his team.

Last edited by chowderhead; 11-20-09 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-20-09, 09:01 AM

Is next week a recrap episode?
Old 11-20-09, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
But this idol was bigger than the others. In the others, he used common sense and was more driven than the other players and he found them in places he figured they probably would be. Not taking anything away, but this one was just so much more random. That rock didn't even look to me on tv like the one in the clue. Yet, you could tell he knew that was it, it wasn't like the other rocks he had picked up just to make sure. He was almost certain he'd found it before he pulled it out of the ground.
What was more amazing was that Dave had already turned over that rock! Thats why Russell had to run back there and lose Dave so he could actually look under the rock. Russell is simply amazing.

I can't remember a more intense tc! I thought for sure it would be a tie both times. glad john finally flipped. John was actually cracking me up last night also, when he was talking about galu's plan.
Old 11-20-09, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ttppll
Is next week a recrap episode?
Yep.
Old 11-20-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

I like John also. His calling out his people for making him the sacrificial lamb was good. He is playing smart and realizes that it's time to jump off of a sinking ship, especially when he is at the bottom of the pecking order.
Old 11-20-09, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Literally fell out of my chair after he found it again and when he lost Dave while "Jogging"
For the second straight week, I laughed out loud with my wife. It's amazing how he found the third one since pretty much everyone got the same clue to it.
Old 11-20-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

This is one of the best Survivor seasons ever and it's all because of Russell!
Old 11-20-09, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I liked this section from Probst's latest blog:

You guys tell Galu I said this, ‘good move!’” Did I miss something? Does anybody know what Dave is talking about? Dave, you ARE Galu, and the move Foa Foa made was as much on YOU as anybody else.

Laura said it best: Wow.

She then followed with “I can’t believe that little snake.” Why is Russell a snake? Because he’s playing the game?

It’s always fun to hear one group talk about the other. When Laura wins two immunity challenges, it’s “Awesome.” When Russell finds the idol, he’s a snake? Nah. He’s awesome too, just in a different way.
Old 11-20-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Awesome.

I started clapping for Russell. I can't believe what has been pulled off.

One of my favorite moments was when Russell was explaining to Jaison what the rock looked like. Jaison had to be thinking "so, the rock looks like a rock?" But then Russell sees the rock and knows it's the one. Incredible.

I'm glad I stuck with this season. I was ready to give up on it.
Old 11-20-09, 12:41 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

I really don't like Shambo.
and I would have love to have seen it go to the rocks.
Old 11-20-09, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
It's pretty sad that a big fat guy could so easily lose a, seemingly, healthy in shape and thin guy with the idol up for grabs. I have to believe a lot of editing was involved, because I refuse to believe so little effort was put into finding it when Russell has proved to be so good.

I think I could like him more if Shambo wasn't on his side. Can't stand her.

Laura is getting a bad rap. She wasn't a bad loser, she played as hard as anyone in her tribe, and she seemed like a nice enough person.

The blonde who got voted out last week, I thought, looked a whole lot better cleaned up. The other guy, Eric (?), I guess in the moment you can't blame him for feeling a certain way, but calm down. You got beaten and if you'd have been in a position where you needed to screw someone to move on in the game, you would have done the same thing. I know it's intense, but I just can't get over how many people are incredibly sour after being blindsided or just outplayed.

Still don't really have a person that I truly want to win other than Monica and that's only because she's pretty. Russell certainly is most deserving at this point, but you just have to think he's not going to make it all the way to the end. It's just tough to go all the way with such a big target and run the table if you're not amazing at challenges. But you never know. If he does make the finals, someone would have to do some really amazing stuff to even get a vote.
wow...I disagree with EVERYTHING you said.

Claiming the game is rigged? Like they would risk a contestant going out in public saying he was given assistance in finding the idol. You are way over analyzing how Russel "seemed to know" where it was. You know how he seemed so sure it was under that rock?? BECAUSE EVERYONE WHO WON THE REWARD CHALLENGE SAW A VIDEOCLIP OF THAT MOSS ROCK WHICH THE IDOL WAS HIDDEN UNDER. The amazing thing is how no one else could find it after seeing video footage of the hiding spot.

You want Monica to win..? Really? Monica??? And you even admit it's only because she is "pretty".

Laura getting a bad rap? Please. Many on the show don't like her. There has to be a reason. It's like Sugar from that season a year ago. She got the sweetheart edit, but it was clear she must have been a real b*tch due to the fact that EVERYONE on the show except Bob hated her guts.

Telling Eric to calm down? He has EVERY RIGHT to be pissed. He got screwed because the dumb young girls made a stupid "girl power" move. He was really instrumental in that team's success and didn't deserve to go like that.

Last edited by wd65733; 11-20-09 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-20-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like Russell more and more each week! Thank goodness Laura is gone!
Old 11-20-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Biggest WTF moment of the episode was CBS's NFL commercial:
"Brett Favre leads the Jets into battle against the unbeaten Titans."
Well at least the commercial ran during the same week, same month as to when the game was
actually played - just that it was almost one year later. Favre and the New York Jets played the
Tennessee Titans on Sunday, Nov 23, 2008. So the commercial would have aired during the Survivor
episode that took place on Thursday, Nov 20, 2008.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-20-09 at 01:34 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.