Heroes -- "Shadowboxing" -- 11/09/09

Old 11-09-09, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
Heroes -- "Shadowboxing" -- 11/09/09

Heroes

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Claire investigates the sorority attacks, which may have a link to Noah. Elsewhere, Peter finds his job performance improved after gaining a new ability, which also provides a means to help Emma, and Sylar escalates his assault on Matt.

10 more to go!! I forgot that the season premiere was actually 2 episodes.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-09-09 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-09-09, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Heroes -- "Shadowboxing" -- 11/09/09

FYI, 2 more new episodes after this one before it takes 1 month off for the Holidays and returns in 2010 for it's final 8 episodes.
Old 11-09-09, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I read they were playing all the episodes with no breaks this year??
Old 11-09-09, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I thought so too, but I checked the air dates and they are literally taking all of December off.
Old 11-09-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good episode; looks like the Nathan/Sylar arc is coming to a head.
Old 11-10-09, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dumb question but if Sylar exists only in Parkmans head how did the police at the airport see him and shoot him?
Old 11-10-09, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They shot Parkman. All of the scenes with the both of them were just Parkman either arguing with Sylar in his head or out loud.

I thought for a second they actually had the guts to kill him off for good, but then I remembered the finale of season 1, when he took 6 bullets to the chest and survived. I assume he'll be fine.
Old 11-10-09, 09:07 AM

another episode i enjoyed.

despite all of my criticisms, i've actually enjoyed this season. i'm not sure where it's all going, but i've been intrigued by the carnival folks and the deaf girl.

(less hiro and mohinder have helped.)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
FYI, 2 more new episodes after this one before it takes 1 month off for the Holidays and returns in 2010 for it's final 8 episodes.
i may have forgotten, but is it confirmed that this is the show's final season?

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
They shot Parkman. All of the scenes with the both of them were just Parkman either arguing with Sylar in his head or out loud.

I thought for a second they actually had the guts to kill him off for good, but then I remembered the finale of season 1, when he took 6 bullets to the chest and survived. I assume he'll be fine.
yea, i thought they finally had the guts to kill him off too, but then i remembered reading a thread from an earlier episode saying that parkman isn't the one who dies.
Old 11-10-09, 09:45 AM
Suspended

On Parkman:

Spoiler:

Sadly, for those of us watching "live" without DVR, seeing commercials, rumors of Parkman's death didn't even survive the previews for next week. It shows Peter with healing powers again curing Parkman. His code name should be "Reset Button."
Old 11-10-09, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Dumb question but if Sylar exists only in Parkmans head how did the police at the airport see him and shoot him?
Parkman got shot outside the diner, not at the airport.
Old 11-10-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Parkman's been shot more times than 50 cent.
Old 11-10-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Sylar Durden.
Old 11-10-09, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deep_lurk View Post
On Parkman:

Spoiler:

Sadly, for those of us watching "live" without DVR, seeing commercials, rumors of Parkman's death didn't even survive the previews for next week. It shows Peter with healing powers again curing Parkman. His code name should be "Reset Button."
Spoiler:
yeah, I'm annoyed that they'd even show that on a preview. At least let us think you have guts to kill off Parkman/Sylar for one week
Old 11-10-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

To me the Carnival folks are actually getting more interesting than the main characters. The whole reveal about "Inviso-Girl's" past with HRG, and the the way the guy was trying to talk to Claire.

The Parkman/Sylar thing is annoying and is as confusing as the "Stones" on SG:Universe.
Old 11-10-09, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
To me the Carnival folks are actually getting more interesting than the main characters. The whole reveal about "Inviso-Girl's" past with HRG, and the the way the guy was trying to talk to Claire.

The Parkman/Sylar thing is annoying and is as confusing as the "Stones" on SG:Universe.
agree about the carnival folks.

and i believe the invisible girl's history (with her dad) was also explained in one of the weekly graphic novels in season 1 or 2.

when i saw her hiding underneath that table (or whatever it was), it seemed very familiar.

anyways, i thought it was kinda cool how they tied that in. i stopped reading the online graphic novels after season 2 so i dunno if they've been doing a lot of that lately.
Old 11-10-09, 11:06 PM

I liked the episode, mostly for the Carnival folk storyline.

The Kevin Pereira cameo made me laugh for a good 20 minutes causing me to miss a bit in the beginning but oh well.

The whole Sylar is Parkman, Parkman is Sylar, Sylar is Nathan, Nathan is, oh no I've gone crosseyed storyline is really stretching it, even for this show.
Old 11-11-09, 08:04 AM

Finally His name is Rene.
Old 11-11-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enough with the sorority crap ..... makes me wish that in season one they never did "save the cheerleader".
Old 11-11-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is the first season I've really watched this show. I watched an episode here and there in previous seasons but this season is the first time I actually sit down and watch every show.

Is Heroes always like this? Absolutely no plot progression whatsoever? We're how many episodes in now and we still have no idea who the carnival people are and what their plan is. I guess I missed it, but we just found out the main guy's name right? Emma? She just bumbles around every episode. She can see sound and should have been a doctor I guess. A couple weeks ago she destroyed her wall, but no explanation about that either. Tracy? What's up with her? She shows up for an episode once a month, does nothng and then disappears. Claire and Sylar? Their stories seem to be tied to the carnival people, but again, since we have no clue whatsoever where that's going, they're wandering around aimlessly too. I guess Sylar has more to do, but what's his plan after he gets his body back? Kill everybody involved I guess, but whoopdido. Hiro? Again, he wandered around aimlessly for the entire season until last week. Ok, he saves Charlie but then she gets caught up with the carnival people, so there's 2 more people that are tied to that storyline and again, we have no clue what's going on with that.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think we should be this far into the season and have so many characters directly tied to these carnival folk and we still have NO CLUE where it's going. I can't look forward to each episode because prior episodes don't go anywhere and there's no plot progession to actually look forward to.

Just my opinion, but I can see why this show is rumored to be cancelled constantly. It pretty much sucks.
Old 11-11-09, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whoopdido View Post
This is the first season I've really watched this show. I watched an episode here and there in previous seasons but this season is the first time I actually sit down and watch every show.

Is Heroes always like this? Absolutely no plot progression whatsoever? We're how many episodes in now and we still have no idea who the carnival people are and what their plan is. I guess I missed it, but we just found out the main guy's name right? Emma? She just bumbles around every episode. She can see sound and should have been a doctor I guess. A couple weeks ago she destroyed her wall, but no explanation about that either. Tracy? What's up with her? She shows up for an episode once a month, does nothng and then disappears. Claire and Sylar? Their stories seem to be tied to the carnival people, but again, since we have no clue whatsoever where that's going, they're wandering around aimlessly too. I guess Sylar has more to do, but what's his plan after he gets his body back? Kill everybody involved I guess, but whoopdido. Hiro? Again, he wandered around aimlessly for the entire season until last week. Ok, he saves Charlie but then she gets caught up with the carnival people, so there's 2 more people that are tied to that storyline and again, we have no clue what's going on with that.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think we should be this far into the season and have so many characters directly tied to these carnival folk and we still have NO CLUE where it's going. I can't look forward to each episode because prior episodes don't go anywhere and there's no plot progession to actually look forward to.

Just my opinion, but I can see why this show is rumored to be cancelled constantly. It pretty much sucks.
Just save yourself the trouble and stop now. Season 3 sealed the deal for me and I officially gave up on it. I've been much happier on Monday nights since I made that decision...
Old 11-11-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X View Post
Just save yourself the trouble and stop now. Season 3 sealed the deal for me and I officially gave up on it. I've been much happier on Monday nights since I made that decision...
Season 1 is good right? Maybe I should just watch season 1 and pretend it was like a stand-alone movie or something.
Old 11-11-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to the young girl, the one where parkman/surresh were both like the parents too. Did I miss what happened to her character?
Old 11-11-09, 02:19 PM
Banned

If Hiro changed time and told Sylar about his future do they really expect us to believe that he would have done everything exactly the same in those 3 years with that knowledge? The only thing that seemed different was the brief mention, "I once tried to kill a waitress here." Give me a break.
Old 11-11-09, 04:18 PM

if parkman could make sylar move his arms as if he was going to shoot at the cops, why couldnt he stop him from "crowbarring" the dude who was trying to help out with the flat?
Old 11-11-09, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

If history's any indication, he'll be back as a cop with the L.A.P.D. in two more episodes anyway.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.