TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office -- "Niagara" -- 1 Hour Episode -- 10/08/09

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09, 09:03 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: The Office -- "Niagara" -- 1 Hour Episode -- 10/08/09

He stuck his feet in the ice machine and the camera swings around to see Michael and Pam's mom going in her room.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah. Excellent.

ETA: Thanks.
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

that was one of the best episodes of the office, might be my favorite or close too it, every minute was something great. I loved how the dealed with the wedding. Pam looked so AMAZING tonight. . Dwights kick at the end wow, that was a suprise, I cracked up laughing that was just awesome.

fantastic episode.
Old 10-08-09, 09:05 PM

Best episode ever!! So many hysterical moments! i was glad to see the girl from true blood playing pam's sister... who was the bridesmaid?? she was -worthy lol

i definitely have to watch this episode again...and again.
Old 10-08-09, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So much about this episode was unexpected. I really didn't think they'd play the wedding for so many laughs.

I loved seeing the office dancing again too. Hilarity ensues whenever it happens.
Old 10-08-09, 09:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the best episodes ever. Loved it. Top fucking notch.
Old 10-08-09, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was not looking forward to this, but I have to admit this was a great episode.
Old 10-08-09, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow. the youtube wedding dance parody was brilliant. i couldn't help but smile the entire last 10 minutes.

oh and for those who haven't seen it...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-94JhLEiN0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-94JhLEiN0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-08-09, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The divorce court one is better IMHO.
Old 10-08-09, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
wow. the youtube wedding dance parody was brilliant. i couldn't help but smile the entire last 10 minutes.
I see its got lotsa people checking out the original JK Wedding vid.I did again myself
Old 10-08-09, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good episode. Some really great moments in it. Not as high about the Dwight kick scene, I guess cause it was part of a montage and in my mind anything goes in those things.

Very funny episode. The toast was the best part.

"I have a painting of them in the nude... that one is for me"
Old 10-08-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm surprised -- this was the first episode in a long, long, long while that made me actually care about the Jim & Pam relationship. I'm officially interested in the show again.
Old 10-08-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was fantastic, from the start with Creed eating the noodles while everyone was sick, to the end with Kevin cooling his feet in the ice. Everyone had their little moment, and the Jim/Pam thing went well without being overly dramatic. Have to credit the writers, they have kept that relationship interesting without using most of the cliches that other shows have to resort to. Loved it.
Old 10-08-09, 09:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with everyone else. A great Office episode especially for being an hour. There was so much going on that it probably could've gone another 30 minutes and still have been good.
Old 10-08-09, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow I guess I'm out of touch with the wonders of social media :yawn:
had no idea what the wedding dance/youtube reference was until reading this thread

I have never had an issue with Michael's actions or felt that they were greatly out of character (no not even him driving the car into the lake, that got so many people in an uproar) but tonight his second speech during the rehersal dinner may have been the stupidest thing he has ever done on the show and something just way too unbelieveable to hear even from him.
Old 10-08-09, 10:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Best episode of the series. Loved seeing the shots of Jim and Pam on the boat.
Old 10-08-09, 10:39 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Worth the hype. Great episode.
Old 10-08-09, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
This may be my favorite episode (of The Office) ever. Unbelievable. I think the YouTube bit took it over the edge.
I agree on both counts. I do so love this show . The cutting between the dancing and marriage on the boat really made it great. I'm certainly glad this episode happened now, but it would have been a great series ender, too. All of the Office together and being so perfectly in character.

Last edited by cartman; 10-08-09 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-08-09, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pitch perfect, they really hit a home run with this one.
Old 10-08-09, 11:22 PM

Such a fantastic episode. So many little moments that made me laugh.

Loved that Michael decorated his own car, because it was such a special day for him. Especially loved that he used full cans to do it!
Old 10-08-09, 11:37 PM

Decent episode up until the end which completely ruined this episode for me. I've never seen that dance thing on youtube so maybe that had something to do with it, but that scene felt so out of place on the office. Ruining someones wedding which they've spent tens of thousands of dollars on by dancing down the aisle to a song that they know the bride put on a do not play list is completely unrealistic. Within character that's something I could maybe see Michael doing, or Jim's brothers since we know they like pranks but for pretty much everyone else it was completely out of character. Seriously, Oscar has enough sense to know that dancing down the aisle is not appropriate. Bob Vance gets pissed off at Michael's antics all the time, for instance at his wedding where Michael didn't go nearly as far as dancing down the aisle, yet he has no problem ruining someone else's wedding. Stanley is the least energetic person in the office and in general always seems to be miserable, yet he's dancing down the aisle like a completely different person. Some of the other characters I could see joining in but there are also some that are just so far out of character. Also, it can't even be argued that they all joined in because everyone was doing it, because that's not the case. At the end of the dance scene we see everyone that was doing the dancing come back down the aisle as a full group, and it was only office workers and the close family members, everyone else was in their seats. Then there's Dwight kicking the girl in the face which is way too low brow for the office. This ending reminded me of the opening of the Superbowl episode where everyone acted out of character and completely over the top just to sell the joke. Finally the whole wedding montage just doesn't work in the office format. It's not something they do so that just felt weird. I don't know I guess everyone here is just much more forgiving when they do these kinds of thing. I personally just feel that a lot of what makes this show great is the characters and how they react to the situations around them, but when they do stuff like this its the situations that are dictating the characters and that just doesn't work for this show.

Last edited by esc24; 10-08-09 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-08-09, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by esc24
Decent episode up until the end which completely ruined this episode for me. I've never seen that dance thing on youtube so maybe that had something to do with it, but that scene felt so out of place on the office. Ruining someones wedding which they've spent tens of thousands of dollars on by dancing down the aisle to a song that they know the bride put on a do not play list is completely unrealistic. Within character that's something I could maybe see Michael doing, or Jim's brothers since we know they like pranks but for pretty much everyone else it was completely out of character. Seriously, Oscar has enough sense to know that dancing down the aisle is not appropriate. Bob Vance gets pissed off at Michael's antics all the time, for instance at his wedding where Michael didn't go nearly as far as dancing down the aisle, yet he has no problem ruining someone else's wedding. Stanley is the least energetic person in the office and in general always seems to be miserable, yet he's dancing down the aisle like a completely different person. Some of the other characters I could see joining in but there are also some that are just so far out of character. Also, it can't even be argued that they all joined in because everyone was doing it, because that's not the case. At the end of the dance scene we see everyone that was doing the dancing come back down the aisle as a full group, and it was only office workers and the close family members, everyone else was in their seats. Then there's Dwight kicking the girl in the face which is way too low brow for the office. This ending reminded me of the opening of the Superbowl episode where everyone acted out of character and completely over the top just to sell the joke. Finally the whole wedding montage just doesn't work in the office format. It's not something they do so that just felt weird. I don't know I guess everyone here is just much more forgiving when they do these kinds of thing. I personally just feel that a lot of what makes this show great is the characters and how they react to the situations around them, but when they do stuff like this its the situations that are dictating the characters and that just doesn't work for this show.
Always has to be one
Old 10-09-09, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope they include a scene in the future of Michael telling Jim and Pam that they have to name their kid Sylvia or Sylvio.

It seemed fitting that Jim's brothers and Michael are kindred spirits.
Old 10-09-09, 12:02 AM

I kind of agree with you esc24, I think the show's become too much like a cartoon where anything goes in the name of a laugh. It kind of reminds me of the late seasons of Seinfeld where subtlety goes out the window and things just get ridiculous for the sake of laughs. The puking thing at the beginning was over the top, that would never happen in real life. Jim and Pam leaving their own wedding, all their friends and family come out for the wedding and Jim and Pam just ditch the ceremony for an extended period of time... I can't believe they would do that.

All that being said, I still thought the episode was very entertaining. It's just that the show used to make me think, hey, this is hilarious and it's the kind of thing that could actually happen in real life. Now the show gets too ridiculous to believe that.
Old 10-09-09, 12:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by SpanishTechno
The puking thing at the beginning was over the top, that would never happen in real life.
I've never seen it to that degree, but chain reaction puking does happen.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.