Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Biggest Loser Season 8 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Biggest Loser Season 8 Thread

16 Contestants (8 Men & 8 Women) compete this season with the largest guy from last season returning.

Premiered last night. I have to catch it online.
Old 09-16-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Biggest Loser Season 8 Thread

They really are going for the most crying EVER on a tv show this season. I know TBL has a lot of crying, but this season so far is ridiculous - plus Abby's story is pretty heartbreaking. Jill is meaner than ever and this was probably one of the most intense/crazy first episodes ever - should be a good season.
Old 09-16-09, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I swore I wasnt going to do it because of the crying and the ridiculous training that these "trainers" put them through... But of course I was there. At least this time, Abby has a reason to cry, but yeah, this is going to be cry-fest 2009.
Old 09-16-09, 10:57 AM

Looks like its going to be a good one. Putting the trainers together should be fun, but last night I thought Jillian was playing "tough" just a little too much. I hope they don't do the good cop/bad cop the whole time.
Old 09-16-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I usually hate reality show sob stories, but damn, Abby's story reduced me to a puddle of tears. I just cant imagine the grief she has experienced. (And it probably hit me especially hard because I have a 2 week old baby and a five year old).
Old 09-17-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

The first episode is the only one where i actually don't fast-forward through all of it, just so i can see their background. It definitely got dusty in the room when Abby told her story.

But normally, this is my method. Fast-forward>Watch Challenge>Fast-forward>Watch weigh-in>Fast-forward>watch the "how is the contestant doing at home" ending part.

2 fluff hours become 15 minutes.
Old 09-22-09, 10:13 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
But normally, this is my method. Fast-forward>Watch Challenge>Fast-forward>Watch weigh-in>Fast-forward>watch the "how is the contestant doing at home" ending part.
But then you will miss the totally spontaneous, off-the-cuff conversations about Brita water filters and Extra sugar-free gum!
Old 09-30-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i'm surprised there's no discussion here after last night's episode.

i didn't like tracey to begin with, but she quickly became everyone's most hated person on the show last night. what a complete bitch.

i loved that jillian was just tearing her apart, and dug into her even more at the weigh-in. that got me pumping my fist. sucks that she pulled such a big number on her own though. should be interesting to see how that develops in the coming weeks.

also didn't like sending an entire team home. sucked for Antoine, because he had a really good week, and i thought he was one of the more likable people on the show this season. but what he and Sean did was great, and it's good to see that they're absolutely killing it at home now. good for them!
Old 09-30-09, 10:56 AM

Yeah it was definitely a different feel for a BL ending! First time I think that there has been a real "bad guy" on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. It was pretty amazing that she pulled such a big number, especially on her second week and without trainers!
Old 09-30-09, 11:24 AM

I can't believe tracey still doesn't understand she did something wrong. She should have put who the teams wanted to go up and just let the #'s fall where they were going to. Why go against the teams and piss everyone off?

Jillian was awesome this episode. I secretly hope the trainers don't train her next week. But that would just be mean.
Old 09-30-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

2 fluff hours become 15 minutes.
Yep, that's pretty much me, except I watch the workouts too. Still, no way I could watch this show straight through, but in 22 mins? It's fine.

I actually don't think what Tracy did was inherently bad or evil, but it was definitely stupid. She put a target on her back, so there is no way she sticks around. Not to mention that everyone is losing weight, so what's the big deal about being able to choose who gets weighed? She had a good couple of guesses, but they were just that-- guesses. At least the 2 pounds was concrete.

She made her decisions without consulting Mo which was a bit of a bitch move. She also lost her team a week of getting stronger through training with the coaches, so now they are weaker as a team. I know she can't train, but Mo can, and he lost out a week of being pushed.

I don't like her, not because she's playing the game (that's fine), but because she seems like one of those women that needs attention. She seemed so pleased when she had one on one time with Mom and Dad. As soon as they sat her down, she started crying, and for the life of me I can't tell for what.
Old 09-30-09, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts

It's a dumb move on her part, as soon as she goes below the line she is gone. What kind of game playing is that?
Old 09-30-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I take it that it was a little abnormal to see someone make the decisions Tracy did last night and get everyone riled up. I actually watched most of last night's episode and it was the first time I've ever seen the BL. I sat there thinking, "Man, there's some real hatred on this show"

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 09-30-09 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-30-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
It's a dumb move on her part, as soon as she goes below the line she is gone. What kind of game playing is that?
Never said it was smart, but it was a strategy. Just not a very good one.

Tracy has crazy eyes too, just for the record.
Old 09-30-09, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like Tracy. I guess I have a different feel for the show because ...its a game show! No one remembers how Tara was a target last season? No one remembers Vickie? No one cared Antoine also ate cup cakes? No one else thought Amanda was a hypocrit saying Tracy put everyone under the bus, when Amanda and her partner asked Tracy to use Amanda's partner's number instead of Amber's number? Uhm, yeah, that'd be putting another team "under the bus." Not to mention, they were saying Tracy needed to own up to her actions, when all Shay has been doing is blaming her mother for her being overweight? If Shay really "deserved to be there" like she cries about, then she should have lost more than 4 pounds. Tracy losing 11 pounds and getting no applause was just rude. They all say at one point they're an inspiration to the people who watch the show, but yeah, lets not support an 11 pound weight loss and see how well someone at home keeps up the weight loss because they have no support. Isn't that one of the reasons Antoine and whats his face said why Shay should stay? She has no support at home. Good job on that one.
Old 09-30-09, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IdgIe49
I like Tracy. I guess I have a different feel for the show because ...its a game show! No one remembers how Tara was a target last season? No one remembers Vickie? No one cared Antoine also ate cup cakes? No one else thought Amanda was a hypocrit saying Tracy put everyone under the bus, when Amanda and her partner asked Tracy to use Amanda's partner's number instead of Amber's number? Uhm, yeah, that'd be putting another team "under the bus." Not to mention, they were saying Tracy needed to own up to her actions, when all Shay has been doing is blaming her mother for her being overweight? If Shay really "deserved to be there" like she cries about, then she should have lost more than 4 pounds. Tracy losing 11 pounds and getting no applause was just rude. They all say at one point they're an inspiration to the people who watch the show, but yeah, lets not support an 11 pound weight loss and see how well someone at home keeps up the weight loss because they have no support. Isn't that one of the reasons Antoine and whats his face said why Shay should stay? She has no support at home. Good job on that one.

Although I do think it was wrong of Tracey to take the 2 pound advantage without consulting Mo first, I had absolutely no problem with her winning the cupcake challenge and actually using the prize for her advantage. It is a game and everyone wants to win. She wouldn't have bothered eating the cupcakes if she would have had to pick the person to weigh in that the other teams wanted.

I did not understand why it was so wrong of her to pick Shay. It turned out to be to her advantage, but I would have thought Shay would lose more than Daniel. She still has a lot of weight to lose and Daniel has already lost over 100 pounds. I would think his weight loss would be slowing down by now. But at 444 pounds and eating 1200 calories and working out like that - Shay ought to be dropping double digits!
Old 10-06-09, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

hahahhaha hahah hahahha hahaha Eat that Miss I only lost 5 pounds!!!! Someone who did nothing all week lost 4 and you only lost 5!!! HAHA! hahahha hahaha Thats *YOUR* KARMA!!
Old 10-13-09, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man, Coach Mo has the worst partner EVAR!! She doesn't consult him for basically anything game related and then she won't even let him have ONE decision when he wanted to keep Julio.. What a wench..

Jillian is borderline unwatchable this year.. She is so over dramatic it's pathetic.. "What is wrong in your life!? NO!! WHAT IS WRONG IN YOUR LIFE!! YOU ARE NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!"

Just train them Jill...
Old 10-13-09, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I felt bad for her at first, but Shay being that fucking big should mean the fat should be flying off her. And Jillian still hasnt come to the realization that sometimes people are fat because they like junk food. Not everyone is an emotional cripple that has to feed their inner child. Some people just like eatin'.
Old 10-13-09, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

awww yeah started off GREAT!!!

It never seems to amaze me that these contestants never seem to watch the previous shows. Why the shock? I would've separated everyone, too - separate the alliances. They all had a chance to win the ticket so why cry about it? This has got to be the worse group EVER.

From my perspective, Jillian is the better trainer. Tracy should've picked her, not Bob, though. Bob's team's always lose, always. He's more the emotional trainer, and I don't feel that that helps these people lose weight. Not in and of itself, anyway. It obvious, dipsh1t lost 16 pounds this week with Jillian instead of her normal POS 4/5 pounds.

Last edited by IdgIe49; 10-13-09 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-15-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just don't get how Tracey is losing that much weight each week when she hasn't even trained yet! How do you lose that much weight just swimming, then just walking, and then not even allowed to walk!?
Old 10-15-09, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I hate Tracey. Rudy seems like a cool guy, hopefully he'll be in the running as the season goes on, he's just burning it off.
Old 10-15-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am rooting for Tracey at this point, the rest are just a bunch of whiners.

Seriously, Liz was acting like Danny (who she has known for what 4 weeks?) was being sent to the gallows or something. Hello, she can still see him on the other side of the gym.
Old 10-15-09, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But he is her rock!! Her only support!!!
Old 10-15-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I hate tracey too, but she is bat-shit crazy so I hope she stays on for as long as possible... The one who I really cant stand is Shay. Tracey is the classic example of how diet is the most important aspect to weight loss. And now that she has Rhabdo causing her muscles to break down, may contribute to it as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.