TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Man V. Food: 2nd Season

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-09, 03:48 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Man V. Food: 2nd Season

yeah hotdog with pulled pork was cool

Not into pizzas with that much dough. Steamed cheeseburgers looked like nothing special

The fact is most of the things on the show can be easily replicated in a home kitchen, just need to make the effort
Old 12-20-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The pizza in the Hartford challenge looked pretty good. Steamed cheeseburgers don't sound very appetizing (I think I've seen that on Triple-D before). The hot dog with pulled pork on it looked very good.

Adam announced that there will be a live Man v. Food on Wednesday Feb. 3 at 9 pm from Miami - Super Bowl week there.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...vgnextfmt=show
Woody's is definitely good as is Doogie's both well worth it if people are ever in the area. As for steamed cheeseburgers, I've never been to Ted's, but I've been to the place in New Haven that claims they invented the cheeseburger and they also steam them (Louis' Lunch) and I have to say it was awful. We had been out at some bars so I was half in the bag and even still I wasn't a fan just tasted really really odd and apparently the owner flips out if you try to put any toppings on it (even condiments) so skip that place for sure.
Old 12-22-09, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
yeah hotdog with pulled pork was cool

Not into pizzas with that much dough. Steamed cheeseburgers looked like nothing special

The fact is most of the things on the show can be easily replicated in a home kitchen, just need to make the effort
cant you say that about all restaurants?
Old 12-22-09, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu 17
cant you say that about all restaurants?
Most of them. The ones that are difficult don't usually have mega-gorging contests. At least none of the ones I've been in.
Old 02-03-10, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Adam announced that there will be a live Man v. Food on Wednesday Feb. 3 at 9 pm from Miami - Super Bowl week there.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...vgnextfmt=show
Bump reminder....live Man v. Food from Miami tonight. Repeated at midnight.
Old 02-03-10, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

jesus christ! a 10lb burger?! lol my stomach hurts just looking at that!
Old 02-04-10, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

This was kind of a mess. The show definitely wasn't meant for live TV.

Adam did well with his challenge, although, to me, that steak looked a little smaller than the one they cooked in the actual restaurant. Maybe it was just a thicker cut.
Old 02-04-10, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by collven
This was kind of a mess. The show definitely wasn't meant for live TV.

Adam did well with his challenge, although, to me, that steak looked a little smaller than the one they cooked in the actual restaurant. Maybe it was just a thicker cut.
It would have worked a lot better as an hour-long special rather than 2 hours. I honestly skipped to the pre-taped bits and watched the challenge. Could care less about the rest.

The challenge seemed a bit easy, also.
Old 02-04-10, 01:51 PM

Watching Adam eat in the pre-taped segments is bad enough, watching him eat live is just disgusting.
Old 02-04-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Coach Shula must go to bed before 7 if he couldn't show up.

I see that David Shula has landed on his feet after his coaching failures.

Not particularly entertaining. They should have gotten a known play by play guy to call it. Would have made it funnier. That's what makes the Nathan's Hot Dog contest great - they've got Paul Page and other ESPN guys on the call.
Old 02-04-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Looks like Travel Channel went for eye candy over a slob for their next food show.
Old 02-04-10, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I DVRed the show last night. Tried to start watching today. I don't think I made it more than 20-25 minutes in before I gave up.

Whether it's just not for live TV or it's not good beyond the half-hour format, I just didn't have the guts to persevere to the end. I'll look forward to a return to the regular episodes.
Old 02-05-10, 10:51 AM

Looks like Travel Channel went for eye candy over a slob for their next food show.
Indeed.

I like MVF as much as anybody, but it just didn't work as a 2 hour special or as a live experience. Was I the only one who couldn't even hear Adam most of the time due to all of the cheering? Plus it looked like he was out of breath everytime he got done saying something. I DVR'd it and I used the FF button liberally. It was actually a relief to get to a pre-taped segment because they had some form of watchability.
Old 04-29-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

If anyone has watched the Travel Channel recently the 3rd season of Man vs. Food starts on June
16th. Although this a rumor, I am happy they might finally make a Kansas city episode.
http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/2010/...o_kc_in_ma.php

Blog-B-Q
Man v. Food coming to KC in May? By Jonathan Bender, Wednesday, Apr. 7 2010 @ 10:00AMComments (4) Categories: Blog-B-Q

​The Travel Channel's Man v. Food -- part travelogue, part eating competition -- might be coming to Kansas City in May. On the show, host Adam Richman walks viewers through a city's best-known restaurants before ultimately attempting the city's most serious food eating challenge, such as 180 oysters in New Orleans or the hottest curry in New York City.

On March 31, the Holyfield Winery Tweeted:

Papa Bob's BBQ in Bonner Springs, KS is expecting a visit from Man vs. Food! Papa has the "ultimate destroyer" sandwich!

The Travel Channel is currently showing repeats of the first and second season; the third season is scheduled to begin airing in June. Richman has visited St. Louis (that episode will rerun Wednesday, April 14) to tackle a milkshake challenge. But there is nothing on the show's Web site about what cities are on the itinerary for the third season.

Fat City has a call in to the Travel Channel and Papa Bob's BBQ. I'll update this post accordingly.

Papa Bob's Bar-B-Que is certainly a possible candidate for the kind of challenge that Richman attempts to tackle. The "Ultimate Destroyer" is a $48 barbecue sandwich, which has "mounds of meat that will surely be leaving you gasping for air," according to Papa Bob's Web site.

It's a layer of 12-inch hoagie bun with a half-pound of pulled pork, a half-pound of hickory smoked sliced pork, barbecue sauce and then two slices of bread. Add to thtat, a half-pound of sliced, hickory smoked ham with a half pound of hickory smoked turkey breast. Repeat of the sauce and two slices of bread.

Then, it's three, half pound smoked hamburgers and another splash of sauce. Two pieces of bread, a half-pound of hickory smoked brisket and a half pound of hickory smoked barbecue sausage. One more squirt of sauce and then the top of that hoagie bun.

Then you just have to down a pound and a half of fries, four dill pickle spears or four jalapeno peppers. If you can eat all that in 45 minutes, your meal is free.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 04-29-10 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-29-10, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I've been to several of the MvF locations. Chap's in Baltimore was amazing, the food was incredible. Steak and Main didn't even have the Prime Rib and I thought the steak was average at best. Ben's Chili Bowl is a bit overrated, but it's a DC institution. Been to American Coney Island and Lafayette Coney Island in Detroit...LCI is MUCH better. It's not even a contest. Tried to do Slow's but the line was into the next century. Done Gino's East in Chicago. Time Out in Chapel Hill was VERY disappointing. The food looks better on TV, and probably tastes better after a night out on Franklin Street. The Pit in Raleigh was my favorite - not only was the BBQ about the best I've ever had, the owner (seen on the show) sat down with me and talked BBQ and sauce for 10 minutes, and comped our desert.

It's kind of fun to go after MVF. We plan to do the Phillly and Pittsburgh ones maybe in the fall, and we'll be in Sarasota this summer and will try and hit those too.
Old 06-09-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk God

FYI - new season premieres tonight....new time: 9 et.
Old 06-09-10, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Tried to do Slow's but the line was into the next century.
If you ever get the chance to visit Slow's again it's well worth the wait.