TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage - "Runnin' On E" - 8/02/09

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts
Re: Entourage - "Runnin' On E" - 8/02/09

Originally Posted by bluetoast
That's interesting because if I remember correctly, at some point they were thinking about doing the show but never showing "the movie star".
Ha, I was just about to write that. Marky Mark's original vision for the show was to never have Vinnie Chase appear onscreen. It would just be known that he's out making tons of money making movies, and the stories would be about his boys living off his money.
Old 08-06-09, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I didn't notice anything like that - you need to back that claim up with some before/after pics.
Just watch an episode from season 2, followed by her only episode in season 5 or this year's episodes. Her face is messed up. Look at her cheeks. yikes.

Hey, maybe it wasn't surgery, maybe she was attacked by bees or something...
Old 08-06-09, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
Ha, I was just about to write that. Marky Mark's original vision for the show was to never have Vinnie Chase appear onscreen. It would just be known that he's out making tons of money making movies, and the stories would be about his boys living off his money.
I have to say that would be pretty interesting. I remember seeing a similar idea for Helen of Troy in the movie Troy, because you don't want to represent the most beautiful women in the world, just like you'd definitely open yourself up to some criticism by trying to paint the biggest movie star in the world.

I think the show would have lost soemthing though because being able to follow Vince's highs and lows is a cool plot element.
Old 08-06-09, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 215 Posts

Yeah it would have been too much of a gimmick if it went on for more than...an episode or two.