TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage - "One Car, Two Car, Red Car, Blue Car" - 7/26/09

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-09, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Entourage - "One Car, Two Car, Red Car, Blue Car" - 7/26/09

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
She was a contract player on a series that ran for six seasons. The Sopranos was repeated endlessly, made a killing on DVD, and is now in syndication. She made significantly more than scale, and she's making more than enough to buy that car based solely on residuals, I'm sure.
She was not a key character that was easily written out of the show - and was - when she went to school, and moved away with her boyfriend. She did not appear in many episodes / scenes.

I don't think anyone would have shed a tear if she did not return for a season. In addition, I only think Gandolfini (sp?) is on easy street from the show.. I don't think the whole cast had that much negotiating power (Jamie Lynn in particular). They were more than willing to write out / kill a main character.

Therefore, I think everyone assumes that if you are in a show / movie that you are set for life. She would have to be making over $150k in "residuals" a year to afford that car after taxes.. she would then have to get even more in "residuals" to cover living expenses in Hollywood California.

Vince went broke and was the star of the highest grossing movie of all time
Old 07-29-09, 11:49 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-so...,6486043.story

Sigler, Iler booked for final episodes
The final episodes of "The Sopranos" are scheduled to begin production in the next couple of weeks, and it looks like they'll go forward with Meadow and A.J. involved in the story.

The fate of some of the show's other characters, though, remains up in the air thanks to salary haggling between HBO and several actors.

Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Robert Iler, who play the daughter and son of mob boss Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) on the Emmy-winning series, are each close to signing deals that will give them a pay bump for the final eight episodes of "The Sopranos." They'll each earn about $100,000 per episode, the New York Post reports, a raise of $15,000 over their last salary.

Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Michael Imperioli and Vincent Curatola also have deals in place, but several other "Sopranos" stars -- including Lorraine Bracco, Steven Van Zandt, Tony Sirico and Steven Schirripa -- have yet to finish renegotiating their pay.

The sticking point has to do with the fact that HBO is calling the last batch of episodes a continuation of season six, which left off earlier this month after 12 episodes. When the network and creator David Chase announced their intent to add the last eight episodes, the cast started asking for raises for those final shows. Since the network is considering them a part of the current season, though, the raises aren't automatic.

Van Zandt, who plays Tony's right-hand man Silvio Dante, and Sirico, who plays the volatile Paulie Walnuts, are among the most hard-line holdouts. Gandolfini was scheduled to meet with the two over the weekend, according to The Hollywood Reporter, in an attempt to break the stalemate.
77 episodes at $85,000 each + 9 episodes at $100,000 each = $7,445,000.

Now, I don't know if they started at the full $85,000, so maybe the figure is lower. On the other hand, it doesn't count residuals for A&E reruns, DVDs, merchandising, etc. Plus, you've got all the other things she's starred in -- none of which probably payed Sopranos money, but acting in a bunch of Broadway plays, movies, and TV guest shots adds to that bank account.
Old 07-29-09, 11:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

What a boring, joke-free episode.
Old 07-29-09, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-so...,6486043.story

77 episodes at $85,000 each + 9 episodes at $100,000 each = $7,445,000.

Now, I don't know if they started at the full $85,000, so maybe the figure is lower. On the other hand, it doesn't count residuals for A&E reruns, DVDs, merchandising, etc.
nice find!

I could believe that she made close to $2.5-3million in her career... I assume average of (200k per season before the "final years" of the show). I'm not sure how much residuals could be - but I don't think we are talking anything over $200k per year. (It's hard to live in Manhattan on that $)

After taxes, agent, mgt, union, fees etc.. I would say she is left with $1.5 - 2mill... from Sopranos. There are one bedrooms in Manhattan that cost that much - so unless she is living with her parents, I would say a good part of that $ was spent / has been spent on housing and other living expenses over her adult life.

I don't think she is in the poor house - but not that she has 80k worth of disposable income.
Old 07-29-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I don't think she is in the poor house - but not that she has 80k worth of disposable income.
Let's not forget that she only bought the car on a TV show.

You gotta factor in the money she makes from FHM/Maxim photoshoots as well as other appearances... and she's considered a working actress with two movies coming out next year.

She's certainly no star but if you're successful in Hollywood (which she has been) there is plenty of money out there for you to make.
Old 07-29-09, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts

It's not unreasonable to assume that she has connections and got the Porsche for a steal.

Industry people don't just make a lot of money, they also get great deals (sometimes free) on a lot of cool swag.
Old 07-29-09, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also pretty sure she's collecting some kinda check from her former manager/hubby AJ Discala.
Old 07-31-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Anyone see this?
From: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/entourage-vs-seth-rogen/25766

'Entourage' Vs. Seth Rogen
By Vicki Hogarth, AskMen.com

In "Knocked Up," Seth Rogen plays a nerdy, not-so-attractive guy who ends up with the hot girl (in this case, Katherine Heigl). But does that happen in real life?

No, according to the guys of HBO's "Entourage" -- and especially not in the case of Seth Rogen. Turtle (Jerry Ferarra) and Drama (Kevin Dillon) dismissed Rogen and Heigl's fictional relationship, insisting that real life is not that generous to less attractive people. (Turtle's relationship with hottie Jamie-Lynn Sigler is explained by the fact that she finds him to be "cute.") The argument wasn't exactly mind-blowing, but the script did manage to get under Seth Rogen's skin with some digs about his looks:

Turtle: His ugliness is oddly fascinating. Especially in Blu-ray. It just pisses me off.

Drama: Why would you be pissed off? I'm the one who was too good-looking to even get an audition for the role.

Why is Seth Rogen Famous?

Of course, like all things Hollywood, we're not likely to see a fist fight. Rogen reacted to the insults by taking things to the media, which is the celebrity equivalent of "Let's take this outside."

"Yeah, those guys are a--holes," Rogen told E!'s "Daily Ten." "I actually ran into Matt ... Kevin Dillon in a Starbucks. And he's like, 'You know, I've got to kind of apologize because apparently the guy who created our show doesn't like you so much.' And I said: 'Well, I have reason to believe because I think [showrunner] Doug Ellin is a moron from all I can understand, so it makes sense he doesn't like me.' And I've kind of said some disparaging things about the show. Although in our defense, [producer] Mark Wahlberg called us misogynistic in an interview, so I think they kind of started that. It's on. Luckily, I never have and never plan on watching 'Entourage.'"

Did you catch the subtle insult hidden within the blatant, unapologetic one? We assume that the clever Rogen purposely confused Kevin Dillon with his much more famous brother in real life, which ultimately mirrors his character on "Entourage."

Five Things You Didn't Know About 'Entourage'

At first, we assumed Rogen was overreacting, but we did our research and found out that Rogen and "Knocked Up" co-star Jason Segel pitched an idea for a show to HBO, an idea they believe was similar to "Entourage." The network passed on it but then soon after gave Mark Wahlberg's "Entourage" the green light.

Rogen's show idea was loosely based on his own group of friends. "We'd just play video games for months on end," he said. "But we all really wanted to work and make movies."

"I just remember feeling really bitter," Rogen once told E! Online. "We thought the stuff we were writing was funny ... and it just seemed crazy that no one else liked it. You start to question your own sanity. Like, 'Our HBO pilot isn't funny, but 'Entourage' is?'"

Don't get us wrong -- we like Seth Rogen, but we'd like to point out that he and Segel's show idea sounds nothing like "Entourage." A bunch of average-looking guys sitting around playing video games discussing what they're not doing with their lives is not the same as one incredibly attractive guy who happens to be a famous multi-millionaire funding his best friends vices with the money he makes being professionally pretty. The difference is pretty extreme.

Last edited by Match; 07-31-09 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-31-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The writers of this show hold grudges more than any show ever. Michael Bay, Kevin Smith, Seth Rogen...
Old 08-03-09, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jigga6286
She's also becoming a regular on Entourage too.
And she is actually dating the actor who plays Turtle. This is becoming very meta. How long till Vince produces a show about his own life and gets some new actor to play him on a hit show on HBO? Then we get a new actor for every role... a new Ari, etc.

If they had major balls it could turn into a version of "Synecdoche, New York"
Old 08-03-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jamie Lynn also has an album out. That might make her some change once in a while.

http://www.amazon.com/Here-Heaven-Ja.../dp/B00005QGDL
Old 08-03-09, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
E has been the main character of this show since day one. It is really his story. Makes sense since the character is based on the associate producer and Mark Wahlberg's best friend.
I've always thought the same thing. E has and will always be the main focus of the show. He's the glue that holds the group together.