Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 7/21/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-09, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Hell's Kitchen -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 7/21/09

Van was losing his mind, so he needed to go. It was strange to see Ariel giving up on the service though. She just gave no effort after she burned the lettuce.
Old 09-24-09, 07:26 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

kevin or dave will win
Old 09-24-09, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Dave has the most "heart" of the remaining contestants but Kevin is a natural leader and probably a better choice to run a kitchen, not that any of these people will run Araxi. One week after the show, I bet they get an Araxi t-shirt, olympics pin and a 52-week vacation prize.
Old 09-24-09, 10:24 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You never know Tennille may just win this.
Old 09-24-09, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tsar Chasm
I think Dave has the most "heart" of the remaining contestants but Kevin is a natural leader and probably a better choice to run a kitchen, not that any of these people will run Araxi. One week after the show, I bet they get an Araxi t-shirt, olympics pin and a 52-week vacation prize.
I think that both of them are weak in leadership compared to Tennille. I was surprised at how she took over when Ramsay left, and a leadership position is what they all are vying for. I agree with you, though - I believe that no one will end up as head chef at Araxi. With the olympics being such a big event, Ramsay may take over the position himself (or send Scott).
Old 09-24-09, 10:39 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
I think that both of them are weak in leadership compared to Tennille. I was surprised at how she took over when Ramsay left, and a leadership position is what they all are vying for. I agree with you, though - I believe that no one will end up as head chef at Araxi. With the olympics being such a big event, Ramsay may take over the position himself (or send Scott).

Tenille tried to step up, but nobody respected her enough to follow her lead. Kevin stepped up when he saw what was going on and people actually followed his lead. Dave didn't step up at all, but I wonder how much of that was lingering issues from when he got back from his prize lunch and everyone ignored his attempt to try to help with prep.

Dave, Kevin, and Tenille should be the final three, Kevin should win, and either Dave or Tenille has a solid shot of being runner-up. I'd give Dave the edge unless he really screws up running the pass.
Old 09-24-09, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JasonF
Tenille tried to step up, but nobody respected her enough to follow her lead. Kevin stepped up when he saw what was going on and people actually followed his lead. Dave didn't step up at all, but I wonder how much of that was lingering issues from when he got back from his prize lunch and everyone ignored his attempt to try to help with prep.

Dave, Kevin, and Tenille should be the final three, Kevin should win, and either Dave or Tenille has a solid shot of being runner-up. I'd give Dave the edge unless he really screws up running the pass.
I didn't get that impression from what I saw. Maybe I missed something, but editing IMO made Tennille the star of that service.

Last edited by mraw; 09-24-09 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-24-09, 10:59 AM

and why was Tennille crying like that?
Old 09-24-09, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She seemed to be upset about Van leaving.
Old 09-26-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn! I loved Van, that guy cracked me up. Suzanne and her weird face shouold have been given the boot first. Van is a better cook. Whoopi needs to go. Her LOUD, ANNOYING rants are driving me nuts. But I'm sure much of that is due to producers pushing her to be a certain way. I still see Kevin winning.
Old 09-26-09, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Mok
You never know Tennille may just win this.
If that was the case, I would never watch this show again. Because of her, I find myself irritated every time I watch the show.

This is the only 'reality' type programming I watch, and with all the forced drama, I'm starting to regret it. But I do want to follow through to the end of the season.
Old 09-26-09, 01:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mraw
I didn't get that impression from what I saw. Maybe I missed something, but editing IMO made Tennille the star of that service.
I'll admit I wasn't paying close attention and it's been a few days, so I may be misremembering. But my recolelction is Gordon left with Scott and everyone was sort of flabbergasted. Then Tenille stepped up and started trying to take charge, but everyone ignored her. Then Kevin -- who had been out in the dining area serving salads -- saw what was going on and went back into the kitchen to bark out some orders and that got things under control (sort of).
Old 09-29-09, 09:32 PM

I'm so glad that Suzanne is gone! I wish the time leading up to and her departure had been more dramatic. Is it possible that they gave away the winner during the commercial break?

Spoiler:
there was a clip of Chef Ramsay giving Tennille a high five, then she raises both her hands in the air like she won (with a voice over saying "may your favorite chef win" or something like that). It's possible that the clip was from a previous show, but I'd never seen it before

I used to like Kevin but his pompous attitude stinks. So does Dave's. I have no idea why he was so hell bent on hating Tennille. I think Dave is on the hard stuff. He couldn't remember the name of his dish over and over again. Did anyone else see Kevin pick his nose during the confessional clip?

Last edited by mraw; 09-30-09 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 11:29 PM

Can't see Tenille as a head chef.... she seems to have some real holes in her knowledge of food and cooking. And I think the drama quotient had been used up and gone full bore overboard with "the dodging bullets like the Matrix reference" - but Ramsey seems to like her so maybe she'll be around for the finale with Kevin.

Not sure while Ariel is still around but barring injury or some made up Ramsey wackiness, she's next
Old 09-30-09, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Another show that has become painful to watch...man tv fucking sucks for the most part.
Old 09-30-09, 10:03 AM

If Suzanne hadn't been so bad, Ariel would be gone by now. Ariel is the queen of raw food behind Sabrina. Kevin made me lol when he said something about being 'in chaaaaaaaaaaaage".

Last edited by mraw; 09-30-09 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-30-09, 11:09 AM

I agree that Kevin's demeanor has shifted more towards an arrogant, 'I've got this in the bag'. With the clips they're showing, he is the obvious choice to win, which makes me think they're setting him up for a big fall, likely in the final.

Although Dave has been more and more erratic in the past few shows, especially towards Tenille, I could see him up against Kevin in the finale. He has the classic underdog angle with his cast and clearly has the talent in the kitchen to pull it off.

With these shows, you literally have no idea how it's going to turn out, though. Tenille could win and we will all come on and bitch. If that happens I'd have flashbacks to the finale of The Next Food Network Star when..

Spoiler:

Melissa D'Arabian inexplicably won out against Jeffrey Saad
Old 09-30-09, 11:51 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Kevin vs. Dave in the final.

Ramsay will pick Dave, I think. Dave's never been yelled at or on the chopping block.
Old 09-30-09, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe

Ramsay will pick Dave, I think. Dave's never been yelled at or on the chopping block.
I'm thinking along the same lines. Dave has all of the heart required, but I'm interested to see how he does when it's his turn to be at the pass. But I'd be fully shocked if it didn't come down to Kevin and Dave.
Old 09-30-09, 12:31 PM
Mok

I think we will have Kevin vs Tennille in the finals. It has always been man vs women in the finals,I don't remember a season where it wasn't.
Old 09-30-09, 01:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe

Ramsay really likes Kevin. On last night's episode, he yelled at everyone but Dave -- including yelling at Kevin over the risotto. Still, at one point in the service, he turned to Kevin and said something like "Do you see what I have to work with here?" He was commiserating with Kevin, one of the screw-ups! For whatever reason, Ramsay sees Kevin as being closer to a peer than he sees the others. So I think this competition is Kevin's to lose at this point.
Old 09-30-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you're confusing Kevin with the other bald dude, as I've been doing most of the season.
Old 09-30-09, 01:04 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
Still, at one point in the service, he turned to Kevin and said something like "Do you see what I have to work with here?" He was commiserating with Kevin, one of the screw-ups!
Are you sure he wasn't talking to the other bald guy, Chef Scott?
Old 09-30-09, 02:02 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Tenille would be perfect as head chef of a homely family style comfort food restaurant in the south, but fine dining, no way

I think Kevin has more leadership potential than Kevin and Dave's inability to handle crowds and any form of public speaking is a big minus

Really surprised they haven't made Heather a bigger part of the show considering shes a previous winner
Old 09-30-09, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Go Dave! I really like the guy's humility and pluck. Kevin and Ariel would be OK too, but Tenille's loudmouth jive-turkey ghetto shtick during the interview sessions is grating beyond words (notice how she doesn't talk that way at any other time).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.