TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 11 Season Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Brother 11 Season Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by dino88
As much as I find him a decent person, he has the personality of a cheese sandwich. He's likable, but he's horrible tv.
I completely disagree. I think Jeff is fucking hilarious. I think the stuff with him and Jordan is some of the most entertaining stuff I've seen throughout the entire history of the show. Never have I seen two people in the house be so completely real and not get swept up into the bullshit of the game and change who they really are on the outside. I don't feel like either one of them is putting on any kind of front up to this point. That may change now, but it's completely unheard of that I remember in 10 seasons of the show.
Old 08-13-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

As of this moment, he's the only one I feel deserves to win.

And come on, "paranoid", that's like singling one of the housemates out as a star fucker.
His complete and total mangling of his alliance with Michele was enough for me. After he made it he went looking for reasons not to trust her. And his willingness to swallow any lie that Jessie or Natalie made up on the spot, no matter how ridiculous it was takes him down a notch or two as well.

Also, while he can be a good guy, I just don't like the constant rage bubbling under the surface. Has his getting angry been justified at times...absolutely, but he takes it too far and starts it way too many times.

In a house full of paranoid people, Russell is a league all by himself.
Old 08-13-09, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Awesome episode and Jesse's t-shirt with HIMSELF on it was .

Gotta say people are way-underestimating Michele from a gaming standpoint. I think tonight's win means she'll have come in first or second in 5 competitions now.
But you have to admit that she was nearly handed the HOH. She didn't have to compete until the last 2 questions, because everyone was trying to get other people out first. She just slid into the final 3 people.
Old 08-13-09, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by superfro
I completely disagree. I think Jeff is fucking hilarious. I think the stuff with him and Jordan is some of the most entertaining stuff I've seen throughout the entire history of the show. Never have I seen two people in the house be so completely real and not get swept up into the bullshit of the game and change who they really are on the outside. I don't feel like either one of them is putting on any kind of front up to this point. That may change now, but it's completely unheard of that I remember in 10 seasons of the show.
BB8 Eric and Jessica alone were a lot like that too. Eric absent Jessica was a bit of a tool though.
Old 08-13-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But you have to admit that she was nearly handed the HOH. She didn't have to compete until the last 2 questions, because everyone was trying to get other people out first. She just slid into the final 3 people.
Plus, she and Jeff played the who can stand here the longest and still pretend we weren't trying to throw it game. Eventually, Michele had to answer. I'm surprised she didn't answer wrong on purpose.
Old 08-13-09, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think in the house they know Michelle is a force. Not only is she a strong competitor, but she is also the only one that nobody has taken in as a F2 for real so she is going to end up being the swing vote week in and week out. I do believe it will be Jeff and Michelle.

Edit:
Oh yeah, and what was up with her picture? It was a pic of her, her husband and 2 kids. She was like, no they aren't mine, that's my nephew and uh uhm that's my nephew and my uh niece.

She is lying about that shit watch, she has 2 kids and is lying about it. lol.

Last edited by s}{ammer; 08-13-09 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-14-09, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh my god. An hour of BBAD is making me wanting to drive out to LA and burn that fucking house down. Natalie/Chima/Lydia......holy shit....at a loss for words.
Old 08-14-09, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tell me about it. These three women wrap up all the things parents try to teach their daughters not to become. I just hope Michelle doesn't put up Russ this week. Any of those 4 can go and I would be happy. Jesse gets evicted and wow Lydia says don't vote for me, Natalie says I am going up next and Chima says she is going to try to be a have not and then she is going eat whatever and sleep in beds till they kick her out. These chicks are seriously pathetic and you know Kevin is thinking to himself "How the F*** did I end up in this mess?"
Old 08-14-09, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
These chicks are seriously pathetic and you know Kevin is thinking to himself "How the F*** did I end up in this mess?"
HA! I thought that same thing as Kevin just sat there staring at them.

After about 90 minutes I just sat there and bellowed "OH MY GOD...Who are these people!"

Flash to 5 minutes later with Jeff outside. "Think of the people at home watching this. Seeing them eating chinese food and crying over Jessie and thinking - Oh my god, who are these people?!"

Jeff rules hard. His riff tonight about them being given everything and yet everybody complains about everything was brilliant. And this is the guy that has been on slop all week. Hope he can pull off the next few weeks.
Old 08-14-09, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know, tonight went off pretty well we just missed all the aftermath. I truly think Lydia and Nat want to be the next person out just to go spend alone time with Jessie. As much as I want Chima to go next, it would be so funny to see Nat go at start of Thursd. and then Lydia go at end of Thurs. Jessie would be stuck with both of them on the same day! lol
Old 08-14-09, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
As much as I want Chima to go next, it would be so funny to see Nat go at start of Thursd. and then Lydia go at end of Thurs. Jessie would be stuck with both of them on the same day! lol

Holy shit that'd be so awesome. Although with the off the wall flirting shit that was going on with Lydia and Natalie in the last couple of days, maybe they'd just end up in a 3-way. Well...at least the girls would go at it while Jessie just looked at himself in the mirror.
Old 08-14-09, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still don't understand why Russ voted for Jessie to stay.
Old 08-14-09, 07:47 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UGh Chima is indeed a bitch.

I would have loved to see someone smack her as the episode ended and Russ made a comment about Jeff sticking to his word and Chima is all like "I guess I need to have a talk with the producers." I don't think the show would have let the power go off if Jeff told Russ he had the power and would use it. From the conversation I saw them have it was all "if I had the power, I'd do this."
Old 08-14-09, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Trying to ward off the all-girl alliance spearheaded by Chima?
Old 08-14-09, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Trying to ward off the all-girl alliance spearheaded by Chima?
I think so too. Ultimately I think that's what Russ is most afraid of. Getting rid of any of the girls is a blow to Chima and that's all he cares about at this point. I'm sure he thought with Nat gone, Jessie, Jeff, and him would all be able to unite.

Or, like always, he just likes to fuck stuff up.
Old 08-14-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I think he realized that was the best move for him. Let's face it, if Jesse and Russell ever ended up on the block together, Russell would have a fighting chance to stay because many people perceive Jesse is the bigger threat. I think he wanted Jesse to stay as a buffer.
Old 08-14-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just caught up with all the goings on and wow, is Lydia ever delusional. Clinically delusional -- she needs meds. As does Chimpa. As does Gnat.

Let's see if I've got this right. Lydiot was sexually servicing Jessie while he basically ignored her and insulted her and partnered with Gnat. Jesse voted against her. Jesse put her up for eviction. Jesse physically abused her. Jeff pulls her off the block and now he's the bad guy because Jesse's gone. And now that Jesse's gone, she's crying. With all due apologies to Rick Springfield, really and truly "She's Jesse's Girl". This girl is seriously, seriously fucked up.

And you wouldn't think it possible, but Chimpa and Gnat are even worse! I'm not going to waste any time commenting on them because they're irredeemably subhuman.

BB must have had to really scrape hard at the bottom of that barrel to find these three fine examples of human garbage.
Old 08-14-09, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The problem is that BB sought out these people and the producers encourage them during the DR sessions. Lydia, Chima and Nasty are probably just upset that without Jessie they will have a hard time getting air time away from the interesting people. I told myself that if Lydia voted out Jessie and moved over to team Jeff for saving her I would really like her and want her to win. Now, I hate her and I really don't care if she DORs.
Old 08-14-09, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Flave
BB must have had to really scrape hard at the bottom of that barrel to find these three fine examples of human garbage.
how can anybody forget Evil Dick???

but they also found Jessie last season.
Old 08-14-09, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Best episode of the season.

Not sure why the not being live part was such a big deal... I don't think I could watch these Thursday shows with Chenbot without a DVR buffer anyway.

I can kinda understand Lydia voting against Natalie, but weeping because Jessie was ousted? At least Kevin didn't waver, that was really too close of a vote.

I expected Chima's family to be crazy and to blindly support her, but grandma was surprisingly normal.
Old 08-14-09, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Originally Posted by fujishig
I expected Chima's family to be crazy and to blindly support her, but grandma was surprisingly normal.
They have had to deal with that bullshit for 20+ years

You think YOU'RE sick of it?
Old 08-14-09, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
They have had to deal with that bullshit for 20+ years

You think YOU'RE sick of it?
Good point.

Just watched the inside dish interview with Jessie, he could not be a bigger tool. So glad he is gone.
Old 08-14-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Same here. It was nice to see actually.

And I saw this morning that Chima was calling Russ an extremist Muslim terrorist. And last night she referred to herself as the Twin Towers. But you know...she means just terrorizing the house of course. What a fucking horrible person she is.
Old 08-14-09, 05:27 PM

If I had been on the receiving end of all these racist remarks and her bitchyness I probably would've taken a jab at her rape by now.
Old 08-14-09, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
If I had been on the receiving end of all these racist remarks and her bitchyness I probably would've taken a jab at her rape by now.
Oh hey evil dick!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.