TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Army Wives -- Season 3 Thread -- Sunday's at 10pm

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Army Wives -- Season 3 Thread -- Sunday's at 10pm

Photobucket

If anyone here does follow the show, here's a thread for season 3.

If you missed the season premiere, it re-airs tonight at 9pm.

Synopsis for About Face

Spoiler:

Denise tries to learn Frank's fate after his unit runs into trouble in Iraq. She turns to Claudia Joy for help, but her friend is busy reestablishing a home base after deciding to stay in town with Emmalin.

Last week's premiere was very good IMO.
Old 06-15-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Army Wives -- Season 3 Thread -- Sunday's at 10pm

Good episode last night.

However, I had an issue with the subplot about Roxy and Betty's Bar.

Why would Roxy have to pay $26K in back taxes to the IRS?

1. Betty is deceased
2. The Hump Bar was destroyed at the end of season 1 and has a different name.
3. Roxy is now the full owner and is not related to Betty.

I'm not sure if Betty has any surviving family members, but wouldn't they be the party responsidble for the $26K?

Thought it was funny to see Roland lose it after taking care of his baby and attending Pamela's class.

The main plot with Claudia Joy struggling to find a new place to live and dealing with Emmalyn's brattiness was very well done.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-15-09 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-15-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
Why would Roxy have to pay $26K in back taxes to the IRS?

1. Betty is deceased
2. The Hump Bar was destroyed at the end of season 1 and has a different name.
3. Roxy is now the full owner and is not related to Betty.

I'm not sure if Betty has any surviving family members, but wouldn't they be the party responsidble for the $26K?
I thought that Roxy's first step should have been to contact a tax attorney. She probably could have negotiated a much smaller settlement. She probably would technically be responsible since she inherited the business from Betty but you would think a good lawyer would be able to get the penalties and interest reduced or waived since was not the owner then.

And Denise's friends are being such mega-bitches to her. I can understand all the people on the base that don't have the facts, but didn't her close friends know she was separated from Frank? And everything they went through leading up to the separation?

Last edited by Jadzia; 06-15-09 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-15-09, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

I actually felt kind of sad for Denise in this episode.
Old 06-15-09, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I thought that Roxy's first step should have been to contact a tax attorney. She probably could have negotiated a much smaller settlement. She probably would technically be responsible since she inherited the business from Betty but you would think a good lawyer would be able to get the penalties and interest reduced or waived since was not the owner then.
She wouldn't have been able to pay for a tax attorney since all her credit cards were maxed out.
Old 06-22-09, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Thought tonight's episode was pretty good.

The only element that was a little corny was Pamela's exploits at the Housing department. I thought that who scene with her going back and forth with the blonde woman at the counter was just too silly.

Really felt bad for Claudia Joy in this episode.

Claudia Joy was not only struggling to find a new place to live, but it sucked that she has to deal with Emmalyn's brattiness. It was nice to see Michael return.

I'm not sure why Denise continues to isolate herself from Claudia Joy, who is obviously her closest friend. I am glad to see her gradually opening up when she agreed to babysit Roland's child.

Despite a few corny subplots, the show has been pretty consistent.
Old 06-22-09, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only element that was a little corny was Pamela's exploits at the Housing department. I thought that who scene with her going back and forth with the blonde woman at the counter was just too silly.

Really felt bad for Claudia Joy in this episode.

Claudia Joy was not only struggling to find a new place to live, but it sucked that she has to deal with Emmalyn's brattiness. It was nice to see Michael return.

I'm not sure why Denise continues to isolate herself from Claudia Joy, who is obviously her closest friend. I am glad to see her gradually opening up when she agreed to babysit Roland's child.

Despite a few corny subplots, the show has been pretty consistent.
Pamela needs a decent subplot - she is too good of a character for what little they have given her so far.

When Emmalin was complaining about where they were living, I wish just once Claudia Joy had said to her "Well the only reason we are in this situation is because YOU insisted on staying. We can still go to Brussels."

I don't think Denise is isolating herself, I think she is merely reacting to the chilliness her friends have given her.

Would the army really care about a soldier going home to fix his marriage? That seemed a little strange for Frank's boss to order him back for that.
Old 06-30-09, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Pretty obvious that Jadzia and I are the only ones watching this show in this forum. I know alot of you guys don't watch Lifetime, but this is a really good drama.

Thought Sunday's episode was really entertaining. The show has been consistently good this season.

It was nice to see Michael return home. Although it seemed a little too convenient with his explanation on how he got transferred back.

I'm not a parent and have reference to compare this to, but Emmalin continuing to act out and be a brat to her parents is frustrating to watch. I really feel Claudia Joy and Michael's frustrations trying to get through to her and her not being receptive at all.

I kind of felt bad for Roland when Joan chose to go to Iraq than accept Michael's offer, however I kind of understood her feeling the obligation to be loyal to her position and her solidiers. I vaguely recall in season 1 when she led a failed mission that resulted in some injuries/death so in a sense she is probably seeking some redemption.

Frank is just a blockhead. I just want him to sit down and listen to Denise for a change.

I'm not sure how the miliary housing system works, but how does Pamela manage to acquire such a huge home, while someone like Roxy is stuck in her dinky little house? I heard Trevor mention that he can't afford a house like that, but isn't the housing provided by the military already?

Last edited by DJariya; 06-30-09 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-30-09, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure how the miliary housing system works, but how does Pamela manage to acquire such a huge home, while someone like Roxy is stuck in her dinky little house? I heard Trevor mention that he can't afford a house like that, but isn't the housing provided by the military already?

My nephew is in the Army, I believe and please don't quote me, it's based on pay grade.
Chase (is that his name?) has a higher rank and pay grade, he's been in the Army longer than Trevor. He probably gets more in his housing allowance and he makes more money.
Old 06-30-09, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am still bothered by how it seems the writers have retconned the Denise-Frank marriage. Do none of the characters remember Denise moving out and getting her own place? Everyone is acting like things with Frank were business as usual and she just upped and cheated on him. Now granted, I am not sure what the "rules" are involving a separation but it seems to me that Denise's biggest mistake was her lack of discretion, not her infidelity.

If someone says something to Frank about his wife cheating, I just once wish he would have responded "We have actually been separated for X months, so I am not really aware of what she has been or not been doing." That would seem preferable to his ego than playing the cuckolded husband.

Unless I missed something, but they never got back together after their separation? I just feel like I am in bizarro world watching their story because it doesn't seem to jibe with what happened in the show previously.
Old 06-30-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
My nephew is in the Army, I believe and please don't quote me, it's based on pay grade.
Chase (is that his name?) has a higher rank and pay grade, he's been in the Army longer than Trevor. He probably gets more in his housing allowance and he makes more money.
Yes it is Chase. Yes, I believe he's an Army Ranger, so that does make sense to me.
Old 07-12-09, 10:38 PM

Chase is a higher rank then Trevor. Army housing goes by rank. It all makes sense when you factor in the more money you put into housing the bigger the house you should get. The military provides a housing allowance (BAH). When you live onpost every cent of that allowance goes straight back to the military. Therefore, Chase is paying more for his home so he should get more from it
Old 07-12-09, 10:40 PM

Yes it is Chase. Yes, I believe he's an Army Ranger, so that does make sense to me.

Army Ranger has nothing to do with it even with he was. He's supposed to be Delta Force I believe which is an elite program.
Old 07-17-09, 11:16 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way to watch Season 3 online? I'm lame and don't have cable or direcTV or anything like that. So, I can only watch the season when they come out on DVD or online if possible. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-17-09, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JLuck

Chase is a higher rank then Trevor. Army housing goes by rank. It all makes sense when you factor in the more money you put into housing the bigger the house you should get. The military provides a housing allowance (BAH). When you live onpost every cent of that allowance goes straight back to the military. Therefore, Chase is paying more for his home so he should get more from it
The Military gives you a housing allowance, I'm an Army Wife and you are allotted so much per month to spend on a house. You can't live outside your means in the Military just like you don't or shouldn't in civilian life. You spend what you have and if you don't have the money you live in a smaller place.
Old 07-17-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by agua_hermosa1
Does anyone know if there is a way to watch Season 3 online? I'm lame and don't have cable or direcTV or anything like that. So, I can only watch the season when they come out on DVD or online if possible. Thanks for the info.
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/show...mily-readiness

Unfortunately they only have the last 4 aired episodes.