Search this Thread

Old 05-31-09, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
In Plain Sight -- "One Night Stan" -- 5/31/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Stan is implicated in the murder of his first witness after his badge is found with the witness's bones. As Mary and Marshall investigate, they learn about a 20-year-old love triangle.

Back after a week off. Hopefully now with less competition, more people will start watching this. Interesting to give Stan a storyline.
Old 06-01-09, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: In Plain Sight -- "One Night Stan" -- 5/31/09

Anyone find it weird that Josh Molina's character is so hot after the sister and she drank two bottles of wine in front of him.

Is he going to try and 'save' her. I understand she is hot and all, but if you are a recovering alcoholic I would think you would just pass on a girl like that. And if he SO wealthy he could get another hot girl who is sober.

FYI I have an recovering alcoholic in my family and I am going to ask them this same question.
Old 06-01-09, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Molina character pretty much came out and said he was trying to save her didn't he? When he came over and asked her out again.
Old 06-01-09, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This episode was a bit of a snoozer for me. There is a reason Mary is the central character and not her boss.

Also, I agree the Peter character seems a bit too good to be true. I think this was at least the second time he said she was smart, which only makes sense if he's following the "tell pretty girls they are smart and smart girls they are pretty" approach to getting into a girls pants, because no matter how you measure it Brandi is dumb.
Old 06-01-09, 08:19 PM

I still find the Brandi and Jinx storylines to be very distracting and boring.
Old 06-02-09, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by CitizenY
Anyone find it weird that Josh Molina's character is so hot after the sister and she drank two bottles of wine in front of him.

Is he going to try and 'save' her. I understand she is hot and all, but if you are a recovering alcoholic I would think you would just pass on a girl like that. And if he SO wealthy he could get another hot girl who is sober.

FYI I have an recovering alcoholic in my family and I am going to ask them this same question.

Nichole Hiltz isn't nearly as hot as she used to be. I don't know what it is, but I remember seeing her do guest spots on a few shows 5 or so years ago - she looked so much better.
Old 06-02-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
This episode was a bit of a snoozer for me. There is a reason Mary is the central character and not her boss.
I felt the same way. Without Mary as the focus, this episode was uninteresting.
Old 06-02-09, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by tcoursen
The Molina character pretty much came out and said he was trying to save her didn't he? When he came over and asked her out again.
I thought that was weird, but it's nice for the character that she's not dating drug dealers anymore, maybe eventually she'll team up with Mary and take a hardline with the mother?
Old 06-05-09, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I caught this a few days ago and thought this episode sucked.

Whoever wrote this episode should be permanently banned from writing any future In Plain Sight episodes.

The reason people like this show in the 1st place is because of Mary and Marshall. I did not like it at all that they were relegated to supporting characters in this plot. Stan is just not an interesting enough character to warrant an entire episode dedicated to him and some ridiculous love triangle he was involved in.

Plus, did they really think adding a cheap hair piece and some nerdy dark rimmed glasses was going to make Stan look 20 years younger?

The little reveal at the end that Stan was sleeping with the new office manager was really lame and so out of place.

I also didn't enjoy the whole Peter and Brandi storyline.

Hopefully things go back to normal on Sunday.