Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/15/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/15/09

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/1

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
News about a special guest with a guess as to who it may be:

Spoiler:
A certain mystery guest is making a very important appearance in the finale, so important, everyone's lives depend on it. Said guest may not have been a fan favorite at the time, but fans sure love this person now. By promise of death, we cannot tell you who returns. But suffice it to say that you'll be shocked because this person has been pretty dead for a while now. My personal guess is that it's
Spoiler:
Brad Bellick
When I saw this, I assumed it was Paul. Should've posted, I guess.

Why did Michael switch arms when he was accosted on the bridge? That is, before the commercial he was carrying Scylla in his left arm and grabbing his right shoulder with his left hand, and after the commercial it was reversed.
Old 05-16-09, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Prison Break--2 hour Series Finale -- "Rate of Exchange/Killing your Number"--5/1

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
What's the purpose of the DTV movie? What else is there to wrap up? The ending tonight was satisfying enough.
I thought it was a great wrap-up. I really don't feel the need to know what happened in those 4 years. Going "backward" is going to spoil the poignancy of this ending.
Old 05-16-09, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,676 Likes on 2,644 Posts

I thought it was a great series finale. Well done to the cast and crew of this show for giving us 66 episodes of solid entertainment (I'm not counting the 13 that was the abomination called season 3)

I thought it was a sad, yet fitting end to Michael Schofield. I did notice the tombstone reading 2005 as his date of death. I know the show premiered in 2005, so I have to assume that the events of this series took place over a span of 6+ months?

Edit:
Just did a check and found a Prison Break timeline and supposedly Michael was sent to FOX River in April 2005. So, the timeline of his death is definitely feasible.

Question: The woman who approached Kellerman at the end. Was that the wife of the agent that he killed in season 1?

Also, if you are all wondering what happened to Gretchen. I did a little digging and:

Spoiler:

She will be in the DTV movie. Sara will be sent to the same prison where she is being held in Miami. Also, Sara will be pregnant with Michael Jr and Michael will be alive in the movie.

Robert Knepper was once again solid. He has some hysterical lines.

I will definitely rent the DTV movie in July. I love the characters and I'm game for 2 more hours with them.

The only thing that was stupid was the timeline of Sucre and C-Note driving from Chicago to Miami. That was ridiculous since the events of this episode seemed to happen in the same day.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-16-09 at 03:35 AM.
Old 05-16-09, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by uteotw
But ending the whole series at Michael's tombstone? COME ON. Lame. He had the big surgery, and after ALL he'd gone through and done for everyone else, he dies of some illness and that's that.
That is not that - we're going to find out the exact circumstances of Michael's death in the DTV movie/episodes - I'm thinking it will be something much more rewarding than just his disease taking him out.

Great finale, really delivered the goods and ended on a sad but satisfying note. I was starting to lose interest since the show came back (I actually watched 2 eps before the finale that I had backlogged - 4 hour PB marathon!) but they wrapped it up so well that I can forgive them for some of the less than great moments over the years... I wasn't very interested in the idea of The Final Break release, but now it can't get here soon enough. Must See NOW!

RIP Michael.
Old 05-16-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First, I was not happy to see Kellerman as the guy to save them all. His dying was a powerful moment of the series, and I get sick of the old "guess who's not really dead" trick.

My annoyance with the show was that it was always something--every single time they got close to...whatever...something else would go wrong, so I guess after all that I was hoping for a bit "Can't it just be over?" And when it was, "four years later," he's dead.
I agree with every point you make as I expressed them all myself last night. But I find that I hold different shows to different standards (still not sure what my internal formula is) and for some reason I cut this show a lot of slack. It's simply too much fun to watch and I ignore all the silliness.

All in all, and after sleeping on it a bit, I thought the show had a pretty good run and I liked the ending.
Old 05-16-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Question: The woman who approached Kellerman at the end. Was that the wife of the agent that he killed in season 1?
Correct. It was the widow of his partner, the one he killed. Thought that moment was brilliantly done. In the brief moment after she spit in his face and he got in the car, you could see the regret he had for what he had done in the past.

Also, thanks for starting the weekly threads of the show. Much appreciated.
Old 05-16-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Finally caught the finale and I need a little help here...

1) How is Kellerman alive? Who was he working for or rescued by that allowed him to be in a position to exonerate Michael and company all this time later?

2) Was Lincoln really dating that girl (forget her name)? I always found her to be an extremely forgettable character, so when the General threatened her, and Linc is in love with her by the end of the finale, I'm thinking, "he hasn't even mentioned this woman's name for an entire season."

I don't recall them doing much aside from working together. I felt there may have been some "sparks" there--maybe--but that's about it. I never got a sense that there were strong, mutual feelings between the two.
Old 05-16-09, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Finally caught the finale and I need a little help here...

1) How is Kellerman alive? Who was he working for or rescued by that allowed him to be in a position to exonerate Michael and company all this time later?

2) Was Lincoln really dating that girl (forget her name)? I always found her to be an extremely forgettable character, so when the General threatened her, and Linc is in love with her by the end of the finale, I'm thinking, "he hasn't even mentioned this woman's name for an entire season."

I don't recall them doing much aside from working together. I felt there may have been some "sparks" there--maybe--but that's about it. I never got a sense that there were strong, mutual feelings between the two.
Linc and Sofia were dating at the beginning while he was still in Panama. They sort of connected at the end of season 3 and when season 4 began, Linc, LJ and Sofia were living happily in Panama until Linc got arrested and dragged into Michael's mess.

We never saw Kellerman actually die at the end of season 2, which left open the possibility of him coming back. I believe he was recruited by the United Nations which wanted Scylla and had the authority to exonerate Michael and company.
Old 05-17-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I don't think Michael's dead. He faked his death and now lives in a secret bunker underneath his grave. That's where they were all headed. In order to open the secret entrance, you need to put a flower and an origami swan on the tombstone.

Also, how the hell did Kellerman get elected to Congress? Were the local reporters all asleep?

Last edited by ben12; 05-17-09 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-17-09, 08:19 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I enjoyed the 4 years on but really don;t feel that 2 more episodes bridging the gap is necessary

Basically it's happily ever after for some of the characters, T bag is where he belongs in jail, Don is a veggie and michael is dead.

Doesn't take rocket science to work out how it all happened

I am not sure i liked Kellerman being the saviour. I was expecting a double cross right until the end
Old 05-17-09, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
My wife and I were wondering this too. Who's wife was she?

There were a lot of sloppy moments in this episode. The main unexplained moment was, how did Michael's mom find them before Sara shot her in the back? That, and Sucre's disappearing/reappearing hair.
Old 05-17-09, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Loved the finale. Loved the show. Can't wait to watch it all again on dvd. RIP Scofield.
Old 05-18-09, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Why go DTV DVD? I would think that they would at least air this during the summer - and then they can sell the DVD as well.
Old 05-18-09, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
I don't think Michael's dead. He faked his death and now lives in a secret bunker underneath his grave. That's where they were all headed. In order to open the secret entrance, you need to put a flower and an origami swan on the tombstone.

Also, how the hell did Kellerman get elected to Congress? Were the local reporters all asleep?
I heard he's producing Tupac's next album. They're looking to break it out early next year.
Old 05-18-09, 10:15 AM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I finally got to watch this last night. I hate to sound like a broken record, but the 4-month hiatus really killed the show's momentum for me. That said, I enjoyed the finale and don't intend to see the other two hours. As others have mentioned, there were some illogical events, but I can suspend disbelief for Prison Break reality. I wondered how Sucre and C-Note got from Chicago to Miami so quickly (it seemed like less than an hour), but I assumed Kellerman had a private jet for them or maybe the scene where they first got together was a flashback. I barely remember Kellerman's character so I guess the fact that he wasn't dead didn't bother me. I thought Linc would not be so tolerant of him because didn't he murder his ex-wife and try to kill his son? I was kind of expecting to see Gretchen, the black hit man (that we never actually saw die - he was shot and went underwater), or Stacy Keach in the finale. Has anyone kept a complete bodycount of how many people died as a result of the whole shebang?
Old 05-18-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Why go DTV DVD? I would think that they would at least air this during the summer - and then they can sell the DVD as well.
FOX did not order episode 23 and 24 (the DTV movie). They ordered 22 episodes and considered the show done with the series finale. However, the producers and 20th Century FOX TV had some extra money available and decided to create the movie and fill in the 4 year time Gap as an extra treat to fans of the show and DTV was the only way to show it. It is however airing on TV in England since they paid to show it.
Old 05-18-09, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ben12

well it is Chicago
Old 05-19-09, 08:47 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
My wife and I were wondering this too. Who's wife was she?
Kellerman's former partner, Danny, whom Kellerman murdered. Kellerman also murdered LJ's foster parents and kidnapped LJ. Kellerman also murdered a bunch of other people and had his own death faked, but now he's a congressman who saved the day.
Old 05-19-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kellerman's former partner, Danny, whom Kellerman murdered. Kellerman also murdered LJ's foster parents and kidnapped LJ. Kellerman also murdered a bunch of other people and had his own death faked, but now he's a congressman who saved the day.
Maybe Drew Peterson can one up him by running for Senator...
Old 05-20-09, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I loved the ending. I loved this season of PB. I thought it was the best since S1. They did a good job of keeping the tension up and the performances were very solid. The ending wrapped things up nicely.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering what Krantz, said:

"Semper Paratus" - Meaning ( "Always Ready")
Old 05-20-09, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

24 continues with the same crap ad nauseam season after season, yet Prison Break gets axed after a rather awesome season? Sucks.
Old 05-22-09, 11:39 AM

What was the scar on Sara's right shoulder???
Also according to Michael's death date, the story does not make sense, all the things they did, i.e. breaking out of 2 prisons etc..
read more here
http://prisonbreak.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#2005
Old 05-23-09, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kiddk1
What was the scar on Sara's right shoulder???
Also according to Michael's death date, the story does not make sense, all the things they did, i.e. breaking out of 2 prisons etc..
read more here
http://prisonbreak.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#2005
Yep I can't remember if she got that from Kellerman when he caught her and was torturing her in the motel room or if she got it from Gretchen though.
Old 05-23-09, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Or are we going to see how she got that scar in the DTV movie?
Old 05-23-09, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

She got the scars while in custody with Gretchen.
If I recall, her entire back is covered with them. I think there was a scene where Michael sees them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.