Search this Thread

Old 05-07-09, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Bones -- "The Critic in the Cabernet" -- Family Guy Crossover episode -- 5/7/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Stewie Griffin (voice of Seth MacFarlane) of "Family Guy" appears to Booth after Brennan floats the idea of becoming a mother---and wants Booth to be the father. Meanwhile, the body of a wine critic is found inside a barrel at a tasting.

Yes, I kid you not. This is indeed a crossover with Family Guy. In case you don't like reading the synopsis, the special Family Guy guest star is:

Spoiler:

Photobucket

Old 05-07-09, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bones -- "The Critic in the Cabernet" -- Family Guy Crossover episode -- 5/7/09

Very weird.... lol
Old 05-07-09, 10:21 AM

Re: Bones -- "The Critic in the Cabernet" -- Family Guy Crossover episode -- 5/7/09

I saw it yesterday (airs earlier in Canada) and while I have no love whatsoever for "Family Guy", that character's appearance was actually very important to an arc I didn't realize was a serious issue for
Spoiler:
Booth and his past interactions with Luc Robataille and his K.I.A. Army buddy Parker - the guy Booth named his son after
...I thought it was just pure harmless fantasy, but that wasn't the case at all.
Old 05-07-09, 10:31 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Is this or next week the Season finale?
Old 05-07-09, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Is this or next week the Season finale?
Next week is the season finale.
Old 05-07-09, 11:14 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

That....was interesting.
Old 05-08-09, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
I thought it was just pure harmless fantasy, but that wasn't the case at all.
Me too, I figured it was just another step for the show into pure comedy, but it ended up being pretty deep with Booth's brain tumor.

Next week:
Spoiler:
They finally have sex!
Old 05-08-09, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

What is it with TV writers and brain tumors? Every time I hear about it, I get a flashback to Delirious with John Candy.
Old 05-09-09, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichC2
What is it with TV writers and brain tumors? Every time I hear about it, I get a flashback to Delirious with John Candy.
At least this was over and done with in a matter of minutes, rather than dragging it out for months like "Grey's Anatomy."
Old 05-09-09, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Didn't Booth interact with Parker as well? Either way the tumor storyline kind of contradicts that episode because he couldn't have gotten out without "help."
Old 05-09-09, 12:18 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think anything that happened in that episode necessarily needed two people; it may show Parker "interacting", but ultimately the actions were done solo with the audience watching from Booth's perspective. There was no "Parker holds a door open while Booth gets through" scenes that I can remember, though admittedly I'm a bit foggy on the ep.

Of course, it doesn't explain why Bones saw Parker at the end of the episode in the cemetery.

Last edited by sb5; 05-09-09 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-09-09, 03:23 PM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Wow, the tumor thing kinda dropped a bomb on the whole case, too. Assume we'll see it wrap up next week.

Stewie was kind of funny, however, how could he keep talking in the interrogation room after Booth left? "You're not going to leave a helpless baby alone with a killer?"
Old 05-09-09, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
At least this was over and done with in a matter of minutes, rather than dragging it out for months like "Grey's Anatomy."
Well, technically, it was dragged out all season on Bones. This show's writers were clever about revealing it, and then quickly fixed the problem. We're not getting a show with Booth spending 45 minutes contemplating over his life while Brennan wonders about hers, thank goodness.
Old 05-09-09, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes Bones being an emotional midget is tough to watch.