The Unit -- "Endgame" -- 5/3/09

Old 05-03-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Unit -- "Endgame" -- 5/3/09

The Unit

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Molly is kidnapped and used as bait while Jonas relentlessly tracks a Russian terrorist cell.

Can't wait for this episode! Next week is the season finale and the rumor is that it's probably the series finale as CBS is unlikely to renew this.
Old 05-04-09, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: The Unit -- "Endgame" -- 5/3/09

What none of you watched this tonight?

This was a fantastic episode. I just wanted to applaud all of you who called it 2 weeks ago about Sam being in Deep Cover for Ryan and only Ryan since noone else on the team knew about this operation.

I actually felt bad for Bridget being that she was the victim of this. I didn't mind getting Sam into a Deep Cover operation, but using Bridget in that way felt very dirty to me and I agreed with Jonas when he confronted Ryan in the end. I wonder if Ryan's tactic would warrant a Court Marshall if it was discovered?

Where the hell is Grey? He's been MIA for the last 2-3 episodes. At least we get to see him in the finale marrying Joss.

Lots of action in this episode and most importantly no stupid subplots. BTW, some of you may not know, but the actress who played the hot Russian Marika Dominczyk is actually the real life Mrs. Scott Foley.
Old 05-04-09, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Did any of the unit break into his apartment when they thought he actually tried to rape Bridget and see the pictures he had of her? If not, why did he have the pictures if they didnt bother to see them?
Old 05-04-09, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Did any of the unit break into his apartment when they thought he actually tried to rape Bridget and see the pictures he had of her? If not, why did he have the pictures if they didnt bother to see them?
Yes - they found those photos.

Whenever there is anything related to Mamet, I'm always expecting a triple cross or duplicity. I expected those detectives last night to really be military personnel intercepting Kim's call and impersonating the police.

My problem with the Sam undercover thing is that every aspect of his switch could have been faked within the Unit without exposing it to anyone else. The only reason for doing it this way would be if Ryan didn't trust a Unit member.
Old 05-04-09, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by n.phelge
My problem with the Sam undercover thing is that every aspect of his switch could have been faked within the Unit without exposing it to anyone else. The only reason for doing it this way would be if Ryan didn't trust a Unit member.
Exactly. What--the brand new guy was the only one Ryan could trust? Why's that exactly?

Sam sure waited long enough in that tunnel to shoot the other guy/tell Jonas. Jonas could've fired at any second before that.

So Sam shooting that couple was just part of the "deep cover"? Very, very deep.

Glad to see Jonas slam Ryan against the wall; he definitely deserved it.
Old 05-04-09, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was nice to see "Season Finale" and not "Series Finale" last night. At least we can hope that they come back with at least 13 episodes next year (just like Chuck).

Chris
Old 05-04-09, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
It was nice to see "Season Finale" and not "Series Finale" last night. At least we can hope that they come back with at least 13 episodes next year (just like Chuck).

Chris
Totally agree. Really glad that this will be around for a long time.
Old 05-04-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

that was the season finale? ok. just checked. next week it. i was like they didn't tie anything up!
Old 05-04-09, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I also applaud the call on the deep cover. Pretty extreme.

Next week would be the last for the season.
Old 05-05-09, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

in actuality Jonas would have killed Sam in that episode when they first chased him
so ryan's plan was bad
Old 05-05-09, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Episode

The show improves every episode
Old 05-06-09, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
in actuality Jonas would have killed Sam in that episode when they first chased him so ryan's plan was bad
Agree, also assuming the escape from the police would work was also a huge assumption/risk. I had originally thought Jonas was in on it for the 2 reasons - one was the escape, the other was the conversation they had with the female agent at the end of the show where he gave a quizzical look.

Either Ryan was just rolling the dice, had a crazy belief in Sam's skills (that he would be better than an entire elite team?), didn't care if Sam made it or not, or it was a poor plan. I'll go with poor plan.