TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race -- "Having a Baby's Gotta Be Easier Than This" -- 4/26/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 629 Likes on 505 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race -- "Having a Baby's Gotta Be Easier Than This" -- 4/26/09

Originally Posted by cracksky
I can't believe no one in the diving challenge thought to use the obvious, "go on one, two...three."
I figure they did. Since you had to bounce on the springboard twice, it makes it that much more difficult, and the judges seemed to be very strict about hitting the water at the same time.

Unfortunately, the crying beeyotch will be around another week.
Old 04-27-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I figure they did. Since you had to bounce on the springboard twice, it makes it that much more difficult, and the judges seemed to be very strict about hitting the water at the same time.
Yes, and don't forget, they really stretched out the drama on this one through editing. If you were watching the times, the foot massage challenge was 10 minutes to endure and the swimming challenge took teams about 15 minutes. Victor and Tammy goofed on that one and probably spent about 30-45 minutes there, but even with their goof-up, it was a quick challenge.

And even Jen's meltdown was probably shorter than it seemed, costing them only about half hour in the end. The teams are all pretty grouped up at this point.
Old 04-27-09, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They certainly make it easy to root against J & K .. with all the nasty comments (I loved the one about China having the stupid look at the airport, and when trying to get a cab - talking about how everyone looks alike) .. Classy
Old 04-27-09, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It was funny to see how mischievious Tammy and Victor are when they spoke in Chinese due to their inflections.
Old 04-27-09, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Unfortunately, the crying beeyotch will be around another week.
Which one? There were a lot of bawlers this week.
Old 04-27-09, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
But she had already dived into the pool TWICE. Nothing happened to her, so don't you think it should have calmed her fears instead of elevating them like that?
And thus the reason these are called IRRATIONAL fears.

I'm not kinky or anything (really, I'm not) but was anyone else kinda turned on by Cara's reaction to the foot massage?

[Edit] Time for pansy bitch deaf kid to go home with his mommy.

Last edited by Flave; 04-27-09 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-27-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 629 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by mugwump
Which one? There were a lot of bawlers this week.
The one who cried outside of the foot massage.
Old 04-27-09, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Flave
I'm not kinky or anything (really, I'm not) but was anyone else kinda turned on by Cara's reaction to the foot massage?
Cara's foot massage was hot. But they then kept cutting to LaKisha's, which was not.
Old 04-27-09, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,742 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Originally Posted by achau9598
They certainly make it easy to root against J & K .. with all the nasty comments (I loved the one about China having the stupid look at the airport, and when trying to get a cab - talking about how everyone looks alike) .. Classy
I have to agree with that. Being Asian myself, I thought the comments about everyone looking alike and the stupid look comment was very stupid and classless.
Old 04-27-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The best part was when the Chinese lady at the ticket counter (the one who them mocked for "no speeke Engesh") confirmed the correct incorrect line speaking English to them. As much as I hate Luke, the two sisters are on the bottom of my want to win list.
Old 04-27-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
Cara's foot massage was hot.
Old 04-27-09, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 755 Likes on 551 Posts

There's excerpts that didn't make it into the show at the TAR site. Seems that Cara has had foot injuries in her past (in being a ballerina), so I can see how the foot massage would be even more painful for her. At least Tammy was able to relax thru her pain (tho it looked like she was sweating).
Old 04-27-09, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Navinabob
The best part was when the Chinese lady at the ticket counter (the one who them mocked for "no speeke Engesh") confirmed the correct incorrect line speaking English to them. As much as I hate Luke, the two sisters are on the bottom of my want to win list.
I get annoyed by Luke, but sure don't get all the hate. Despite her outburt last week, and I can see any mom being over-protective, I just have to root for a team with a mom that's been kicking butt from start to finish. I'm pretty sure she had the fastest time in the swim, but she'll do anything and I can't recall her ever not doing it well.

They cheerleaders never bothered me either and not because they're "cheerleaders," I just find them more funny than annoying.

Victor and Tammy are ho-hum for me. They're a tad boring and it kind of shows, at least to me, that they've had a very privledged life. G-d bless them for it, but it just makes them a little less likeable.

Can't really stand the sisters...so it's a lock they'll make the final 3.

PS-Why can't people swim? Seriously, I didn't have a pool at home, but you just need to friggin' go for a swim in your life. Especially if you're going to be going on a reality show like this or Survivor. That's one of the rare events where I was sitting up really proud while watching because I knew there wasn't a single one of those 8 people who I couldn't have destroyed.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 04-27-09 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-27-09, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
But she had already dived into the pool TWICE. Nothing happened to her, so don't you think it should have calmed her fears instead of elevating them like that?
That's what got me. I am also not the best swimmer and kind of scared of water, and I would have chose swimming down a lane in a HEARTBEAT over diving into super-deep water like that. Especially since you could just take your time and dog-paddle or backstroke and you wouldn't even need to put your face in the water while swimming. Which reminded me, I was shocked when I saw her swim back from the dive and she swam with her face completely submerged in water. No wonder she was afraid!
Old 04-27-09, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I have to agree with that. Being Asian myself, I thought the comments about everyone looking alike and the stupid look comment was very stupid and classless.
I agree the stupid look comment came out sounding awful, but I think I knew what she meant when she described the blank look. I mean, if someone came up to me and started speaking a language I did not understand, I would at least shrug my shoulders and shake my head to indicate I did not understand what the person was saying. Just staring back with a blank look like that is not very helpful.
Old 04-27-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And I forgot the funniest dumb line of the night was when one of the cheerleaders said something like they have to beat Michael Phelps' time! The other cheerleader corrected her and was like "No... then we'd be in the Olympics."
Old 04-28-09, 12:24 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 123 Likes on 111 Posts

From the TivoCommunity Forum..

My wife and I are deaf and we were following AR with great interest (and rooting for Luke and Margie). I thought I'd offer some insight about how it feels for Luke about this specific situation.

It was CLEAR to us that Luke was startled at the first clue box because he didn't expect someone to grab him from behind, especially when he couldn't hear someone running up behind him. In the car, he was pretty pissed when he found out that Jen called him a bitch but I don't recall him saying that nobody should call him a bitch because he was deaf. Our interpretation was that he was upset that Jen called him a bitch, nothing else.

Yeah, I agree with majority of you that he simply overreacted at the second clue box and pit stop (even Margie warned him to just "drop it" several times in the cab on way to second clue box and at the pit stop before Phil asked the question).

The "laughing at Luke/at the situation", we never felt that Jen and her partner was laughing AT Luke either. Maybe, not at the beginning but when they continued to argue with Margie and Luke, then we did start to wonder if we misinterpreted it and they were in fact, laughing at Luke.

Sometimes we DO wonder if his upbringing does affect his personality somewhat because watching him, we could clearly tell that he had minimal communications with his family and friends. Especially if he never grew up with strong ties to deaf community.

Brent

Also
Bikini..
Spoiler:

Old 04-28-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even though they can definitely be bitchy, I have to feel bad that the redheads thought that they finally won a leg only to get hit with the dreaded "To Be Continued"...
Old 04-29-09, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
Even though they can definitely be bitchy, I have to feel bad that the redheads thought that they finally won a leg only to get hit with the dreaded "To Be Continued"...
Not me; I was glad! I can't stand them and feel they do nothing but give Americans a bad name. The one is so rude to everyone she makes me sick. I really liked Margie and Luke until his little meltdown and then hers in defense of him. He needs to grow up. She has done nothing but put him at a huge disadvantage in the real world by his inability to communicate with anyone that isn't deaf or doesn't know sign language. I really felt he was in the wrong at the clue box in the first place and then he still can't let it go. I'm tired of listening to him whine. The only ones I still like at all are Tammy and Victor and he can be a whiner too. But, they've been decent to the other people so I'm rooting for them. When they were speaking Chinese to the people they didn't throw a fit about the other teams following them yet if it had been turned around, I think all the other teams would've been complaining. An example: at one point in the episode with the fight between Luke and Jen, Margie turned around in the cab and complained about the sisters following them. What did she expect? They were going to the same place and left at almost the same time! At least Victor and Tammy show that a competition doesn't have to be nasty.
Old 04-29-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone catch Blake of "Team Smiley" fame in the new AT&T commercial? That's him delivering shoes to all those kids.
Old 04-30-09, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Flave