Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "LaFleur" -- 3/4/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- "LaFleur" -- 3/4/09

Charlotte... when she was first introduced, she was at a digging site (in Egypt?) and she found polar bear bones. Any thoughts on that?
Old 03-06-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Charlotte... when she was first introduced, she was at a digging site (in Egypt?) and she found polar bear bones. Any thoughts on that?
Tunisia. It's the exit point for the donkey wheel.
Old 03-06-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
I think that quote was regarding Harper Stanhope.
I'd always assumed "her" referred to the little girl (Annie?) that Ben became friends with when he was younger and first got to the island. We don't really know what happened to her or how she and Ben's relationship evolved over the years.

Originally Posted by kaze0
Michelle always looked a little asian to me on 24.
According to imdb, she's 1/4 Japanese. Still, it's not possible for a 1/4 Japanese woman and a white man to make a fully Chinese (?) kid.
Old 03-06-09, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Tunisia. It's the exit point for the donkey wheel.
I'm no good in geography... but with a little digging, i learned that Tunisia and Egypt are separated by Libya

Well, that still explains the Anubis stuffs on the island... Did the polar bears moved the donkey wheel too?
Old 03-06-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm no good in geography... but with a little digging, i learned that Tunisia and Egypt are separated by Libya
Old 03-06-09, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Viewable yes, but look at the picture from behind. You can clearly tell that the losties are on flat land and can almost see the statue's feet.

Now look at the picture from the front. There is a giant mountain in the way behind the statue! No flat land + trees.
Perhaps, but there's also no telling when in time they were either. If they happened to pop up 4,000 years ago, the topography of the area could have easily changed quite dramatically. For all anyone knows the island in on top of volcano.

With that said, how many people here think there's anyway possible for them to explain ALL (or at least the more interesting) mysteries in the 26 or so episodes left?
Old 03-06-09, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Libby!
Old 03-06-09, 07:04 PM
Banned

I thought it was rather significant that Sawyer and
Juliet killed the two hostiles to save Amy because
this will always be that moment when the truce was
broken. I'm guessing all of the crucial moments in
this story including the purge and the incident will
eventually involve our band of time travelers.
Pair 'o Docs indeed!

It also appears that Daniel will try not to talk to
Charlotte to see if that will change anything.
Speaking of her, we hear her asking about her
Dad and her British-sounding Mom hurrying her along.

Anyone else notice the red flowers that seem to
show up before someone dies? Maybe it's my
imagination but I seem to recall it several times.
Kinda like Lost's version of the red shirt.

Old 03-06-09, 09:27 PM

I think Daniel will find out that Charlotte's mom has no intention of leaving the island. He'll end up giving his "crazy man" speech to kid Charlotte to scare her and her family off the island before the purge. That wat, even if his rant didnt save her as an adult, it would allow her to survive the purge and live a longer life.
Old 03-06-09, 10:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Disneyboy
I think Daniel will find out that Charlotte's mom has no intention of leaving the island. He'll end up giving his "crazy man" speech to kid Charlotte to scare her and her family off the island before the purge. That wat, even if his rant didnt save her as an adult, it would allow her to survive the purge and live a longer life.
He was adamant about not telling her when they found her but I'm sure he'll come to his senses and realize that a.) whatever happened, happened and b.) Charlotte has to come back to the island otherwise there would be a conundrum.

I liked the conversation with Jin and Sawyer outside the infirmary where Jin was speaking perfect English (after 3 years of course). James asks how the search is going and Jin says no luck on grid 1.3.3. James says, "I guess we try 1.3.4 then." "What if we don't find them?," says Jin. "Then we keep looking." James says.

I assume they are utilizing the Flame station to search the outside world for their friends but since it's the mid-'70's I'm guessing they won't respond too well even if they find 'em.

Locke's gonna have to go back and get the rest to line 'em up in the same time frame.
Old 03-07-09, 01:06 AM

The statue is definately not the Hippo God of Fertality. Its Anubis.
I would post the link but this is my first post. Go to Sledgwebs lost stuff season five and you'll find the info you need.
Old 03-07-09, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Libby!
My thoughts exactly -- upon seeing that picture.

We better get some actual back story for Libby before this series ends. I'm going to be very upset if we don't get something solid especially since they have at various times told us that her story would make sense and be resolved through the introduction of another character. So far, no game. And recently they said they felt her story was "pretty much done". I hope that pretty much just means they already have the pieces in line to give us that missing jigsaw puzzle piece. We've all been wondering about it for almost three years of our lives. Not that other mysteries haven't been puzzling us either... and driving us up the wall.
Old 03-07-09, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I'm not going to go into crazy consiracy theories like all of you, but I do want to say that this was a pretty good episode.

The one line I busted out laughing at was when Sawyer made the comment about Richard's eye liner. That was pretty damn funny.

Where did the LaFleur name come from? Was that one of Sawyer's con man alias' from a previous season? He was a really good bullshitter with the Dharma people.
Old 03-07-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mystikdawn444
I would post the link but this is my first post. Go to Sledgwebs lost stuff season five and you'll find the info you need.
I dunno the ears on anubis are much larger and he also doesn't appear to be wearing that beanine/fez. Look earlier i this thread someone posted some good screen caps to show the differences. I'm not saying it's definitely not anubis (that was immediately what I thought of when I saw it too). Either way the fact that it's most likely Egyptian is a cool enough revelation by itself.
Old 03-07-09, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Does the actor playing Richard wear eye liner or are his lashes naturally that thick and black? Every time I've seen that guy in a show or movie, he looks the same... Lost, The Dark Knight, Veronica's Closet (I know he was on a sitcom and I think that was the one).
Old 03-07-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Does the actor playing Richard wear eye liner or are his lashes naturally that thick and black? Every time I've seen that guy in a show or movie, he looks the same... Lost, The Dark Knight, Veronica's Closet (I know he was on a sitcom and I think that was the one).
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9308514-post202.html
Old 03-07-09, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

We need a stickied Richard Eyeliner thread.
Old 03-07-09, 03:54 PM
Banned

Just re-watching some S5 episodes. In "The Little Prince," our travelers flip and come to the camp which seems abandoned like the Hydra station then they come across two of the outrigger canoes (with the Ajira water bottle). They take one and proceed to get shot at before flipping again into a storm which ends up being 1988 with Danielle and her crew.

There were three outriggers on the Hydra island before the pilot (Lapidus) and some woman (Sun) took one. I'm guessing Locke will take off shortly thereafter to look for his friends. That is how come there are two outriggers on the main island when the travelers take one of them. Probably Caesar and a few others took the third outrigger and went after Locke when they realized he was gone. These are the people who are shooting at them until they vanish into thin air.

The reason the camp looked abandoned was because three years earlier, all of the survivors flipped back to 1974 and lived through 1977. We only saw the lives of a few people - Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, Daniel & Jin but all the rest of them should be there as well. They were all flipping through time. Bernard & Rose, all 40 or so of them. Although they can't all work for Dharma.
Old 03-07-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mystikdawn444
Yeah, uh, sorry, but I went to that website, (which sucks, by the way, as a professional site. there's more information in this thread than there!) and it doesn't offer ANY explanation of the little hat or the gargantuan Anubis ears which are conspicuously absent from the statue. I thought it was Anubis, too, but the Fertility goddess statue looks a helluva lot more like it.
Old 03-07-09, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
They were all flipping through time. Bernard & Rose, all 40 or so of them. Although they can't all work for Dharma.
Actually, at this point, they've killed most of the original 815'ers. I looked on one website that kept count everytime someone died and it came out to there being about 10-15 survivers left (including main cast members like Jack, Sawyer, Locke, etc.)
Old 03-07-09, 09:31 PM
Banned

Actually, at this point, they've killed most of the original 815'ers. I looked on one website that kept count everytime someone died and it came out to there being about 10-15 survivers left (including main cast members like Jack, Sawyer, Locke, etc.)
That's probably correct with the flaming arrow attack taking a lot of them. Maybe the producers used that knowing there would be way too many left to integrate into the '70's Dharma scenes. Still, we have to see Bernard & Rose there at some point and them meeting a young Ben and his friend, Annie.
Old 03-07-09, 09:55 PM

I could see Faraday taking a different name in the Dharma camp. Maybe he ends up being the one who blows his head off in the Swann station and the "Him" that he was always telling his partner about really was meant to be Desmond all along.
Old 03-07-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cracksky
Just re-watching some S5 episodes. In "The Little Prince," our travelers flip and come to the camp which seems abandoned like the Hydra station then they come across two of the outrigger canoes (with the Ajira water bottle). They take one and proceed to get shot at before flipping again into a storm which ends up being 1988 with Danielle and her crew.

There were three outriggers on the Hydra island before the pilot (Lapidus) and some woman (Sun) took one. I'm guessing Locke will take off shortly thereafter to look for his friends. That is how come there are two outriggers on the main island when the travelers take one of them. Probably Caesar and a few others took the third outrigger and went after Locke when they realized he was gone. These are the people who are shooting at them until they vanish into thin air.
So where do the guns come from? Did the others leave them lying around, or are we to assume that Ajira 316 had an on-board armory like 815?
Old 03-07-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Although you have to wonder why Locke was telling the O6ers that everyone left on the island died. Okay, he might not be counting the Others, Juliette, and the freighter folk, and he knows Sawyer's still alive and he can't be sure all the other survivors are dead.
Old 03-07-09, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Although you have to wonder why Locke was telling the O6ers that everyone left on the island died. Okay, he might not be counting the Others, Juliette, and the freighter folk, and he knows Sawyer's still alive and he can't be sure all the other survivors are dead.
He didnt say they died, he said they were going to die. Its just that none of them believed him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.