TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands - 2/19/09

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-09, 11:12 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands - 2/19/09

Man I hate this show what are they going to leave us ugly old Sandy to look at. Girls with big boobies need to keep there traps shut.
Old 02-20-09, 11:41 AM

I've read that some castaways knew who Taj's husband is, and she had to come clean early so it wouldn't be found out later because if she lied when they asked what her husband does, she would've been through. So she decided to be honest and put it out on the table.

I'm tired of Coach already and hope that he's next to go.
Old 02-20-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,060 Likes on 874 Posts

Agree with creekdipper that Candace just didn't look right, and with those who were surprised that she was abandoned by her apparently ally, Erinn.

I thought Sierra might have mentioned that she prepared the camp while the others were trekking but maybe that was edited.

It will be even worse when/if people figure out that Taj is a herself a minor celebrity. (Most people (including me) wouldn't be able to make that connection on their own.)
Old 02-20-09, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 633 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
I've read that some castaways knew who Taj's husband is, and she had to come clean early so it wouldn't be found out later because if she lied when they asked what her husband does, she would've been through. So she decided to be honest and put it out on the table.

That would be extremely surprising IMO. Outside a few wives or girlfriends, I wouldn't know any athletes' (even the all-stars) wives/gfs and I am a huge NFL fan. Furthermore, when looking at Taj, the last thing I would think is that she is married to a famous athlete.
Old 02-20-09, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Jeffs blog:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...robst-b-1.html

Man, that guy is a horndog. At least he's open about it.

Last edited by Goat3001; 02-20-09 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-20-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am GLAD Candace is gone. Her type of arrogance rubs me the wrong way. I don't care how hot she is, if I even agreed that she is hot, which I don't. I thought it was interesting that Tyson was calling for Sierra's ouster (to the camera) and his reason was she failed in the challenge. This is interesting because while Sierra was trying her best (and doing a pretty good job) to prevent a strong GUY from scoring that winning basket, Tyson was at the other basket being handled by a girl. He should have been over there helping his teammate.
Old 02-20-09, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 02-20-09, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 321 Posts

I am glad Candace was voted off, because she was playing the typical part of the "black women who runs her mouth too much that everyone hates", besides she didn't need the money she's a lawyer.
Old 02-20-09, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 321 Posts

Btw which women use to be a part of the short lived pop group "SFW". I think that's the name of the group.
Old 02-20-09, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Btw which women use to be a part of the short lived pop group "SFW". I think that's the name of the group.
They are called SWV (Sisters With Voices) and it's Taj who is a member.

I might still have their 12" single of "Right Here" from my djing days.

Chris
Old 02-20-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Sierra - She reminds me of Drew Barrymore. She probally won't go far in the game but she is my favorite. My guess to win it all is Tyson
Old 02-20-09, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That would be extremely surprising IMO. Outside a few wives or girlfriends, I wouldn't know any athletes' (even the all-stars) wives/gfs and I am a huge NFL fan. Furthermore, when looking at Taj, the last thing I would think is that she is married to a famous athlete.
Taj is an exception where she has two things working for her: her career with SWV (which came first) and her marriage to Eddie George. Other NFL wives aren't in the spotlight like she is because she made a name for herself before she married Eddie. In that sense, you have people who see her as Eddie's wife and finds out about SWV, then you have those that know her as Taj of SWV then find out about Eddie.

SWV is currently ranked #100 of the top 500 pop acts of the past 25 years. I can understand your possibly not knowing much about her if you are not into R&B music, but she is very popular amongst R&B lovers.

Jeff mentioned that the ratings went up this season, and honestly it may have a little something to do with Taj's stint on the show. I know she's the only reason I'm watching. Word spread like wildfire in January that Taj of SWV (not "Eddie George's wife") will be on Survivor. She is obviously the most famous castaway this season, and some may say for those two reasons, but she also starred in her own reality show with Eddie just a few years ago called "I Married A Baller". SWV sang the theme song for that as well.

I've seen post-Survivor pics of Taj and she has lost a lot of weight. Whether or not that speaks to how long she stayed on the show is anyone's guess.

Here's the video for "Rain" by SWV - youtube.com/watch?v=hY7UG3BFilA
Old 02-21-09, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Surely you jest (re: the 'Twiggy' comment).

I agree that Sierra doesn't appear to be too much of a competitor (although I still chuckle whenever someone at Tribal bashes her for not making the trek...which was entirely the result of the rest of the tribe dumping her) & that Candace might have been more helpful. On the other hand, they may be wanting to play along with "Coach" to get him overconfident (as if he needs that) before dumping him soon. At this point, any way to jettison potential threats (or put anybody else's head on the chopping block but your own) is a gift.
Candace was one of the standouts for her tribe at that challenge. Sierra so far seems to be fairly useless at anything physical. If history has shown us anything. The teams that cut the dead wood and keep the strong members do better than the ones that get rid of strong competitors because they don't like their attitude. Worry about getting rid of the assholes after you've got numbers on your side. Not when you still need as many strong competitors as possible.
Old 02-21-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 633 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
Taj is an exception where she has two things working for her: her career with SWV (which came first) and her marriage to Eddie George. Other NFL wives aren't in the spotlight like she is because she made a name for herself before she married Eddie. In that sense, you have people who see her as Eddie's wife and finds out about SWV, then you have those that know her as Taj of SWV then find out about Eddie.

SWV is currently ranked #100 of the top 500 pop acts of the past 25 years. I can understand your possibly not knowing much about her if you are not into R&B music, but she is very popular amongst R&B lovers.

Jeff mentioned that the ratings went up this season, and honestly it may have a little something to do with Taj's stint on the show. I know she's the only reason I'm watching. Word spread like wildfire in January that Taj of SWV (not "Eddie George's wife") will be on Survivor. She is obviously the most famous castaway this season, and some may say for those two reasons, but she also starred in her own reality show with Eddie just a few years ago called "I Married A Baller". SWV sang the theme song for that as well.

I've seen post-Survivor pics of Taj and she has lost a lot of weight. Whether or not that speaks to how long she stayed on the show is anyone's guess.

Here's the video for "Rain" by SWV - youtube.com/watch?v=hY7UG3BFilA

Pardon my musical ignorance, but what is SWV?

If she made notoriety in her own right, then of course I can see people recognizing her.

edit: nevermind - saw mrpayroll's post. Never heard of them.

Last edited by Red Dog; 02-21-09 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-21-09, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Surely you jest (re: the 'Twiggy' comment).

Candace had an attractive face, but those bowling balls on her chest were just off-putting. I actually felt sorry for her for having to carry around that weight...it's just out of proportion to the rest of her...reminds me of the incredibly-exaggerated proportions of most modern comic-book heroines. If you see her bikini pic, you can tell how saggy she already is at age 31...imagine what she'll be like when she hits Sandy's age.

I agree that Candace's face and figure were her most attractive features. I'm not a fan of the big grapefruits on her chest either.
Old 02-21-09, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Pardon my musical ignorance, but what is SWV?

If she made notoriety in her own right, then of course I can see people recognizing her.

edit: nevermind - saw mrpayroll's post. Never heard of them.
No problem. It turns out that Carolina recognized Taj from SWV (Sisters With Voices) as well:

From Carolina's interview last week:
Reality TV World: Did she reveal anything about her former pop star and football wife background while you were out there or did you only learn about it afterwards?

Carolina: No, I knew right away who she was. I was a huge SWV fan. The moment I saw her on my tribe I was like "Oh my god, I know who you are! I bought your CD when I was in middle school" I was super excited but it wasn't my place to call her out on it. I didn't wanna go to her and be like "Oh my God, you were in SWV," I didn't want to call her out on something that it wasn't my business to say, it was her business to say.

But I think eventually Spencer caught on. And Spencer, as we all know, is gay -- and we all know that he claims he doesn't want to be the stereotypical gay man, but he is -- and he knows SWV like the back of his hand and I think eventually he put two-and-two together.

But yeah, I knew who she was right away. I was stoked to have her on my tribe
and in Candace's interview she said pretty much the same thing:

"yeah I recognized Taj- I'm black! Haha! I grew up listening to SWV".
That's two (possibly three) people who recognized her from being in SWV, and not as Eddie George's wife. Candace believe's that if Taj makes it through, it will be either because they are a fan of SWV or they like Eddie George and want to get close to her either way, because they want to be her friend. They are starstruck.
Old 02-21-09, 01:22 PM

Thanks for letting people know, mraw.

Before I saw your posts, I was upset that so many people thought she was stupid for talking about something she really never had a chance to lie about.

I would have know who she was too.